• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap, Oklahoma!!! Making it legal to lie to patients?!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Look heres the deal..There are abortion "clinics" around here..that is their primary function..they do not "normally" do pap smears ..prenatal care etc..

If you are in an obstetricians office..you are not looking to have an abortion as they do NOT perform them..you are there to recieve prenatal care..to be monitored for things such as gestational diabetes. high blood pressure .make sure the baby is thriving..as well as checking for any signs of abnormalities..

If you walk in for your first visit in an obstetricians office in state that just passed a law they dont have to inform you of any defects talking about how you hate people who have abortions or you think abortion is murder they have no reason to believe you anymore than if you kept your mouth shut in fact they might suspect you..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I KNOWWWW I KNOWW the answer..

Doctors should LIE and tell the woman that she isnt even pregnant at all and that she just has gained a little weight and has gas ...

Tell her the cure for that is to take these vitamins and abstain from aclohol and come back in a month to be rechecked..

See that way NO woman can have an abortion if she has no idea she is even pregnant because the doctor told her that her test were totally negative.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Doctors should LIE and tell the woman that she isnt even pregnant at all and that she just has gained a little weight and has gas ...

Tell her the cure for that is to take these vitamins and abstain from aclohol and come back in a month to be recheked..

See that way NO woman can have an abortion if she has no idea she is even pregnant because the doctor told her her test were totally negative.

Love

Dallas

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

Tell her the cure for that is to take these vitamins and abstain from aclohol and come back in a month to be recheked..

See that way NO woman can have an abortion if she has no idea she is even pregnant because the doctor told her her test were totally negative.

Love

Dallas

I'm saving this post to my favourites bar until I get my frubals back :biglaugh:

Maybe they can get all the pregnancy tests in the chemists to show up negative in Oklahoma too ;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm saving this post to my favourites bar until I get my frubals back :biglaugh:

Maybe they can get all the pregnancy tests in the chemists to show up negative in Oklahoma too ;)

But if they cant get all the test to show negative..The doctors can LIE and say they have recalled all home pregnancy test..because they are defective and show false positives 100% of the time because of Mad Cow disease or or Swine Flu or something..and that its very very contagious..and it spread to the doctors office and thier lab technicians therefore rendering all preganancy test unreliable and only the doctor can tell you that you are pregnant with a physical exam!

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think it's a terrible law that mandates that a physician can lie to a patient about ANYTHING regarding their health or the health of their unborn child. So I am not defending the Oklahoma law.

By the way, my bad on something earlier. I was mistaken on partial birth abortion. Though it is still legal in limted cases to protect the mother's health (including emotional and mental health, which is a bit ambiguous), Smoke pointed out that the rights to partial birth abortion were curtailed in 2003 - and he was correct.

Also, I did not realize that the veto from the governor was overturned Tuesday. My bad once again.

Mea culpa.

This is a bad law.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think it's a terrible law that mandates that a physician can lie to a patient about ANYTHING regarding their health or the health of their unborn child. So I am not defending the Oklahoma law.

By the way, my bad on something earlier. I was mistaken on partial birth abortion. Though it is still legal in limted cases to protect the mother's health (including emotional and mental health, which is a bit ambiguous), Smoke pointed out that the rights to partial birth abortion were curtailed in 2003 - and he was correct.

Also, I did not realize that the veto from the governor was overturned Tuesday. My bad once again.

Mea culpa.

This is a bad law.

Peace!!!

Love

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
Though it is still legal in limted cases to protect the mother's health (including emotional and mental health, which is a bit ambiguous)
Actually, that's not so, though anti-abortion activists frequently claim, for some reason, that it is. The only circumstance under which D&X is legal is this one:

This subsection does not apply to a partial-birth abortion that is necessary to save the life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself.​

This clearly precludes exceptions for emotional and mental health; a D&X is only permitted to save the life of a woman whose life is threatened by a physical condition.

Another thing interesting about the law is that the physician is subject to prosecution, and anybody who is not a physician but performs a D&X is subject to prosecution, but the woman herself is not.

Kathryn

Arg... Life is getting very difficult for those of us who don't want kids At All.

Why's that? If you don't want kids at all, just get yourself snipped and be done with it.

Seems simple enough to me.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Why's that? If you don't want kids at all, just get yourself snipped and be done with it.

Seems simple enough to me.

That is my plan. I just gotta get to it... and I hear (granted, it's just hearsay) that some clinics give people without kids a hard time in getting sterilized.

Kathryn

Surely it won't be too difficult to avoid begetting offspring till you can get yourself fixed.

First of all, maybe you should consider avoiding sex with anyone you wouldn't want to be a parent to your child. In other words, limit your sexual partners. Or as your mama might say, "Chile, be picky 'bout who you do it with."

Secondly, use preventative birth control EVERY TIME.

Finally - get yourself sterilized so that you don't inadvertently drag completely innocent fetuses into your life - and down a drain.

You should be OK.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Surely it won't be too difficult to avoid begetting offspring till you can get yourself fixed.

First of all, maybe you should consider avoiding sex with anyone you wouldn't want to be a parent to your child. In other words, limit your sexual partners. Or as your mama might say, "Chile, be picky 'bout who you do it with."

Finally - get yourself sterilized so that you don't inadvertently drag completely innocent fetuses into your life - and down a drain.

You should be OK.

That's exactly what I do. If we don't have any methods at our immediate disposal, nothing happens. I'm not irresponsible about it and I don't sleep around, thank you.

Smoke

Done here.

You should be OK.

We used to have a member here who had a real horror story about her vain attempts to get a doctor to sterilize her, over a period of years. She said that basically, she had reached the point of thinking she'd reach menopause first. Doctors really are reluctant to sterilize you when you've never had children. And I had a student who had a very hard time getting a doctor to tie her tubes even though she already had two children and was allergic to latex to boot. Every doctor she went to said she was too young to make such a decision. She did finally find one to do it, but it wasn't easy.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
We used to have a member here who had a real horror story about her vain attempts to get a doctor to sterilize her, over a period of years. She said that basically, she had reached the point of thinking she'd reach menopause first. Doctors really are reluctant to sterilize you when you've never had children. And I had a student who had a very hard time getting a doctor to tie her tubes even though she already had two children and was allergic to latex to boot. Every doctor she went to said she was too young to make such a decision. She did finally find one to do it, but it wasn't easy.

That's who I was thinking of. I'm 25... I know I'll probably have a fight for it... but it's worth fighting for.

Kathryn

Yes, I know you may have to shop around a bit to find a doctor who will sterilize you if you don't have kids. But with all the information available at our fingertips, it really shouldn't take that long to be able to find one.

I have several friends who have decided to never have kids and have been voluntarily sterilized. They had to shop around a little but it wasn't all that difficult.