• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap, Oklahoma!!! Making it legal to lie to patients?!

Smoke

Done here.
(continued)
REASON GIVEN FOR ABORTION (check all applicable):
Having a baby:
Would dramatically change the life of the mother: _________
Would interfere with the education of the mother: _________
Would interfere with the job/employment/career of the mother: ______
Mother has other children or dependents: ________
Mother cannot afford the child: ______
Mother is unmarried: ________
Mother is a student or planning to be a student: ________
Mother cannot afford child care: _______
Mother cannot afford the basic needs of life: ________
Mother is unemployed: _________
Mother cannot leave job to care for a baby: _________
Mother would have to find a new place to live: _________
Mother does not have enough support from a husband or partner: _____
Husband or partner is unemployed: _______
Mother is currently or temporarily on welfare or public assistance: _________
Mother does not want to be a single mother: _______
Mother is having relationship problems: ________
Mother is not certain of relationship with the father of the child: ________
Partner and mother are unable to or do not want to get married: _______
Mother is not currently in a relationship: _______
The relationship or marriage of the mother may soon break up: _______
Husband or partner is abusive to the mother or her children: _______
Mother has completed her childbearing: ________
Mother is not ready for a, or another, child: _______
Mother does not want people to know that she had sex or became pregnant: ________
Mother does not feel mature enough to raise a, or another, child: _______
Husband or partner wants mother to have an abortion: ______
There may be possible problem affecting the health of the fetus: ________
Physical health of the mother is at risk: ________
Parents want mother to have an abortion: _________
Emotional health of the mother is at risk: ________
Mother suffered from a medical emergency as defined in Section 1-738.1 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes: ______
Mother wanted a child of a different sex: ______
Abortion is necessary to avert the death of the mother: ______
Pregnancy was a result of forcible rape: ______
Pregnancy was a result of incest: ______
Other (specify): ______
Patient was asked why she is seeking an abortion, but she declined to give a reason: _______
16. Method of payment (check one):
Private insurance: _______
Public health plan: _______
Medicaid: _______
Private pay: _______
Other (specify): _____________________________
17. Type of private medical health insurance coverage, if any (check one):
Fee-for-service insurance company: ______
Managed care company: ______
Other (specify): _____________________________
18. Sum of fee(s) collected: ___________
19. Time of fee collection (check one):
Full fee for abortion collected prior to or at the time the patient was provided the information required under subsection A of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes: _________
Partial fee for abortion collected prior to or at the time the patient was provided the information required under subsection A of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes: _________
Full fee for abortion collected at time the abortion was performed: ________
Other (specify): ________
20. Specialty area of medicine of the physician: _________________
After? _____ Vaginal, abdominal, or both? _____
22. If ultrasound equipment was used, was the ultrasound performed by:
The physician performing the abortion: _____
A physician other than the physician performing the abortion: _____
Other (specify): ___________________________
23. Was the information required by paragraph 1 of subsection B of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes provided to the mother? ___________
a. If yes, was it provided:
In person: ___________
By telephone: ___________
b. Was it provided by:
A referring physician: __________
The physician performing the abortion: _________
An agent of a referring physician: ___________
An agent of the physician performing the abortion: ________
24. Was the information required by paragraph 2 of subsection B of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes provided to the mother? _________
a. If yes, was it provided:
In person: _______
By telephone: _______
b. Was it provided by:
A referring physician: _______
An agent of a referring physician: _______
The physician performing the abortion: ________
An agent of the physician performing the abortion: _______
25. Did the mother avail herself of the opportunity to have the printed materials described in Section 1-738.3 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes mailed to her? ______________
26. Were the informed consent requirements of subsection B of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes dispensed with because of a medical emergency necessitating an immediate abortion:
To avert death: ______
To avert substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function arising from continued pregnancy: _____
27. Was the probable gestational age of the unborn child twenty (20) weeks or more? _____
a. If yes, was the mother provided the information described in subsection A of Section 1-738.8 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? _____
(1) If yes, was the information provided:
In person: ______
By telephone: ______
(2) If yes, was the information provided by:
A referring physician: _____
An agent of a referring physician: _____
The physician performing the abortion: _____
An agent of the physician performing the abortion: _____
b. Did the mother choose to be given or mailed the materials described in Section 1-738.10 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? ___________
c. To the best of the information and belief of the reporting physician, did the mother go on to obtain the abortion? ________
28. Was the abortion performed within the scope of employment of an Oklahoma state employee or an employee of an agency or political subdivision of the state? ________
29. Was the abortion performed with the use of any public institution, public facility, public equipment, or other physical asset owned, leased, or controlled by this state, its agencies, or political subdivisions? _________
30. If the answer to question 28 or 29 is yes:
a. Was the abortion necessary to save the life of the mother? _______
If yes, what was the life-endangering condition? __________
b. Did the pregnancy result from an act of forcible rape? _______
If yes, list the law enforcement authority to which the rape was reported: ___________________
List the date of the report: ___________
c. Did the pregnancy result from an act of incest committed against a minor? _________
If yes, list the law enforcement authority to which the perpetrator was reported: ________________
List the date of the report: ___________
THIS PORTION TO BE COMPLETED IN CASE OF MINOR
31. Minor’s age at the time the abortion was performed: ___________
32. Was a parent of the minor provided notice prior to the abortion as described in Section 1-740.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? ________
a. If yes, how was the notice provided?
In person: _______
By mail: _______
b. If yes, to the best of the reporting physician’s knowledge and belief, did the minor go on to obtain the abortion? ________
33. Was informed written consent of one parent obtained as described in Section 1-740.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? ______
If yes, how was it secured?
In person: ___________
Other (specify): _________
34. If no notice was provided nor consent obtained, indicate which of the following apply:
Minor was emancipated: ___________
Abortion was necessary to prevent the death of the minor: _____
Medical emergency, as defined in Section 1-738.1 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes, existed: ___________
Minor received judicial authorization to obtain abortion without parental notice or consent: ___________
35. If no notice was provided nor consent obtained because a medical emergency existed, indicate:
Whether parent was subsequently notified (state period of time elapsed before notice was given): ____________
Whether judicial waiver of notice requirement was obtained: ________
36. If the minor received judicial authorization to obtain an abortion without parental notice or consent, indicate which of the following applies:
Judge ruled that minor was mature enough to give informed consent on her own: ___________
Judge ruled that abortion was in the best interest of the minor: ___________
37. If the female was a minor at the time of conception, indicate the age of the father of the unborn child at the time of conception: ________
38. If at the time of conception the ages of the mother and father were such that a violation of Section 1111, 1112, 1114 or 1123 of Title 21 or Section 7115 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes occurred, was the rape or abuse reported to the proper authorities? ________
Filed this ____ day of __________, _____, by:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
All I know is if I lived in a state that I had no legal right to be informed of any abnormalities in my growing child..I would just refuse to take any tests..

Like for instance at my age Im at increased risk to have a downs syndorme child.Its pretty much routine at my age to do an amnio..If Im not allowed to know the true results then why should I take a test and have the doctor who has no vested interest in the future of my life or my childs walking around with that info if the results are postitive? And further why should he get PAID to run the test on me that benefits me not?

Love

Dallas

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Wow, Smoke - doctors don't care that much about your personal history if you've having a kidney transplant. That's a ridiculous amount of questions.

I'm also wondering if any other states will follow suit with this legislation, it's mighty scary. A woman has a right to know the health of her unborn child, period.

I hope all the obstetricians in the state of Oklahoma who choose to act in this unethical manner go out of business.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
On the questionair?

It eerlily seems to me its like a record of criminal activity that a doctor can do a "background" check on so he can determine if you are at higher 'risk' to abort if there is a problem..

Which is also not going to be very effective IMHO..Because I know a lot a women ..that had an abortion at some point in thier life..and swear they would never do it again..

One woman had an abortion when she was around 20...and then went on to have 6 children even though its very very hard on them financially.She got pregnant again(her 7th) ..and had a miscarriage and it was devestating to her.

IOW having an abortion does not automatically mean that a woman will be more likely to have one if thier is a problem .

I think its a violation of privacy if a doctor can find out information about you that you didnt voluntarily disclose.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Also is the information gathered in the "questionair" registered with the Feds or is it on a state level?

So again not effective because a woman could have had an abortion in another state.

Also is it like with havign a criminal record that is very old that an employer might go ahesd and hire you regardless?

Say if a woman had an abortion when she was 17..will the doctor be looking at the fact that say that was 25 years ago and give her the 'benefit of the doubt"?

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Also that questionair has many many redundant questions.

And besides unless its for research ..to collect "statisitcs" as to specifics to why women will abort it doesnt make any difference why she chose to.

The counselors in the clinic do have an obligaton to make sure that you are absolutley sure you want to go foward with it..and that you aren't being 'coerced" or "forced " against your will under some sort of threat if you dont.

Other than that..unless you want to talk about it..it makes ZERO difference if its because you are in school..or unemployed ..or cant afford childcare ..

Hey just go with #1..which is in every case of having a child.."would dramatically change the life of the mother".

Love

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
The name and address of the woman aren't supposed to be made available. The point is supposedly the gathering of statistics.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The name and address of the woman aren't supposed to be made available. The point is supposedly the gathering of statistics.

Allright then..Im not opposed if the woman is willing to answer the questions.I consider that a learning tool.

Even though I do think some of the questions are redundant.Like "cant afford childcare' to me would be the same as "unemployed" or "cant afford to stay home from work to care for the child"..or "not recivieving financial support form the father"..

Its the same meaning.."financial" reasons.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh and by the way..at least here..when I had my 3rd child I remember having to answer similar questions to the hopsital staff via a phone call from inside the hospital..Including if I had ever had an abortion and why...

How many other if any children I had and at what week and what gender they were ...how many miscarriages if any...etc...

I assumed they were collecting data for statistics..

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I guess it's a good thing OK isn't an excessively large state. Can we say "road trip"?

How much you wanna bet that we'll eventually see OK boasting a steep decline in abortion numbers? And how much you wanna bet you'll see a rise in the neighboring states?

Yes maybe a decline in abortions(maybe not even steep but a decline none the less)..but rather than a steep rise of abortions in neighboring states..a rise in the # of children born with birth defects in the State of Oklahoma.

Because why would a woman that would possibly abort to avoid bringing a child into the world with birth defects possibly severe go have an abortion if her doctor was telling her everything was perfectly normal?

IOW this law seems like to me its tricking only women who had no plans of aborting in the 1st place..To not possibly having an abortion when they find out somethings terribbly wrong.

So that to me would logically seem to equate to a lower overall abortion rate..but a higher rate of children born with disablities..

I would also think that would also cause a rise in infant mortality.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How can you expect politicians to see something wrong with lying? Even doctors lying?

blackout

Violet.
A smart oaklahoman woman would walk into her doctor's office
talking like an anti abortion clinic pickiter.

She'd have a much better chance of actually getting the results of her tests.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
How can you expect politicians to see something wrong with lying? Even doctors lying?

I guess because Im naive..and I woudl think they were actually human beings that would place themselves or one of their loved ones in the position of legally not being entitled to be informed of birth defects in thier unborn children or grandchildren.

:shrug:

Love

Dallas

With a bit of luck no smart Oklahomans have need of a second abortion. ;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

But ....the doctors might "detect" that suddenly women are talking a lot about being "anti abortion" simply when they come for prenatal visits..

Lets put it this way..When I went for my prenatals? I never discussed "abortion"..I was there to get prenatal care..for my unborn and myself ..

IOW women coming in vocalizing their anti abortion stance might be a red flag for the doctor..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Hi doctor..Im SOO excited Im pregnant! How does everyting look? By the way Im TOTALLY anti abortion? So you can be totally honest with me.. :flirt:

Love

Dallas

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Unfortunately, I live in Oklahoma. And even though it is a somewhat backwards state, being in the middle of the bible belt. I have though seen signs that it is slowly becoming more progressive and liberal. I live in Tulsa, OK and we have a great occult book store here with an extremely large selection of titles and hard to find books on Magic and the Black Arts. I found a first addition hard cover copy of the "Satanic Rituals" by Anton LaVey there, and I snagged that puppy before anyone beat me to it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Unfortunately, I live in Oklahoma. And even though it is a somewhat backwards state, being in the middle of the bible belt. I have though seen signs that it is slowly becoming more progressive and liberal. I live in Tulsa, OK and we have a great occult book store here with an extremely large selection of titles and hard to find books on Magic and the Black Arts. I found a first addition hard cover copy of the "Satanic Rituals" by Anton LaVey there, and I snagged that puppy before anyone beat me to it.

City air is often liberal air.