• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holocaust Denier, Antisemite, Election Denier, Anti-abortionist, Wins Republican Gubernatorial Primary in North Carolina.

Wandering Monk

There's more, but too long to put in thread title: climate change denier, wants to remove science and social studies curriculum from elementary schools, use taxpayer money for private schools, hater of transgender, Barack Obama, a birther, hater of Muslims, hater of gays, made light of the attack on Pelosi's husband, called the Civil Rights Movement a Communist plot, mocked survivors of school shooting.

This is the man Republicans want for Governor in NC. Mark Robinson is a real piece of work. Another glimpse of what the Republican Party has become.

MAGA, read this if you dare or close your eyes to it. Deny it any way you need to in order to alleviate your cognitive dissonance,

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no cognitive dissonance.

One of the most important lessons one should take away from the study of what it is to be human - lessons learned from a good liberal arts education that covers history, literature, and culture - is that so-called common values are not held in common.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Evidently the citizens of NC found him and his political program suitable.
What's the problem?

What makes me really astonished and mystified is that certain leftists who support Hamas are never called Anti-Semites.
By the Sorosian Empire.

Whereas Conservatives who staunchly support Israel are called Anti-Semites because of certain comments...about one or two people.
It's about numbers. In Israel there are millions and millions of people of Jewish faith, so how can one be anti-Semitic?

Hamas is anti-Semitic.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's disgusting, amd frightening, that fascist theocrats are winning. That an entire has went anti-freedom, anti-liberty, anti-reason all to become a party of fascists who have one of the worst interpretations of the Bible in history amd want bring the entire nation under a denomination that hyper focuses on amd maximizes the worst aspects of their religion.

Viker

Häxan
What's the problem?

What makes me really astonished and mystified is that certain leftists who support Hamas are never called Anti-Semites.
By the Sorosian Empire.

Whereas Conservatives who staunchly support Israel are called Anti-Semites because of certain comments...about one or two people.
It's about numbers. In Israel there are millions and millions of people of Jewish faith, so how can one be anti-Semitic?

Hamas is anti-Semitic.
But this politician denies there was a Holocaust. This is the fundamental reason most Americans supported the establishment of a Jewish state. This batch of conservatives have other reasons for supporting Israel. It has nothing to do with care for Jews. It has everything to do with a concept of immanentizing the eschaton and it's a specific fundamentalist Christian concept. Israel is a stepping stone for these folks.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
But this politician denies there was a Holocaust.
I didn't listen to him, while saying that. I only trust my ears. :)
This is the fundamental reason most Americans supported the establishment of a Jewish state.
In Europe too.
This batch of conservatives have other reasons for supporting Israel. It has nothing to do with care for Jews. It has everything to do with a concept of immanentizing the eschaton and it's a specific fundamentalist Christian concept. Israel is a stepping stone for these folks.
But that's absolutely untrue, with all due respect.
Judaism and Christianity remain two totally distinct religions. Respecting each other.

Viker

Häxan
I didn't listen to him, while saying that. I only trust my ears. :)

In Europe too.

But that's absolutely untrue, with all due respect.
Judaism and Christianity remain two totally distinct religions. Respecting each other.
I'm sorry. I used to go to their churches. They'll admit that Christianity and Judaism are two distinct religions, like oil and water are distinct fluids. They do not "respect" Judaism. Judaism doesn't believe Jesus is God. That's a severe problem with this batch of folks.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There's more, but too long to put in thread title: climate change denier, wants to remove science and social studies curriculum from elementary schools, use taxpayer money for private schools, hater of transgender, Barack Obama, a birther, hater of Muslims, hater of gays, made light of the attack on Pelosi's husband, called the Civil Rights Movement a Communist plot, mocked survivors of school shooting.

This is the man Republicans want for Governor in NC. Mark Robinson is a real piece of work. Another glimpse of what the Republican Party has become.

MAGA, read this if you dare or close your eyes to it. Deny it any way you need to in order to alleviate your cognitive dissonance,

That is democracy for you. No guarantees that the folks in government are going to have the same mindset as you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What's the problem?

By the Sorosian Empire.

Hamas is anti-Semitic.
Label mischief, eh.
Let's consider that rationale....
Given that Palestinians are also semitic people,
your support for their genocide would make
you, Biden, Trump, Congress, & most Christians
& Jews anti-semitic.

This all points to the problem of using labels
to divide people into groups either worthy or
unworthy of human rights based upon the
religion of the attacker, & of the victims.

PureX

Veteran Member
What is going on with republicans? It's as if they want to hit bottom so they will be forced ...
They still use the republican name, but they are no longer the people we used to know as republicans. The old republicans invited in all the worst elements among us into their camp because they couldn't win elections anymore from just the rich people's vote. And now that element has taken over the party and has kicked out any of the original members that dared to speak against them. They kept the name, but they are now the party of dimwits, and haters, and bigots, and fascists, and nihilists, and anyone else that no respectable political party would want to be associated with. And they feeling their new found power.

These people were always among us. They just didn't have any political clout. Thanks to the old republicans like Carl Rove and Dick Cheney, now they do, and they're using it to try and do what they've always wanted: make everyone else pay for marginalizing them in the past.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They still use the republican name, but they are no longer the people we used to know as republicans. The old republicans invited in all the worst elements among us into their camp because they couldn't win elections anymore from just the rich people's vote. And now that element has taken over the party and has kicked out any of the original members that dared to speak against them. They kept the name, but they are now the party of dimwits, and haters, and bigots, and fascists, and nihilists, and anyone else that no respectable political party would want to be associated with. And they feeling their new found power.
I think there was a real opportunity by the old school, ethical republicans to secure and protect the future if they had taken over the RNC, and forced MAGAs to create their own party. I suspect they were afraid of the republicans becoming extinct, just like what happened to the Whigs. I think too few people are looking at the big picture, and that includes many democrats. Those democrats who are upset about Biden's cooperation with Israel, and avoidance of a strng stand against Israeli aggression against Gaza, aren't showing support for Biden. BUt do they think it will be better if they allow Trump to win? No, it will be worse. Maybe they will come around in the general election, maybe not. I'm seeing too many wanting everything they want for Christmas, and if mom and dad don't deliver they burn the house down.

Democrats and Never-Trump republicans need to focus on the single issue, and that is the threat and danger Trump poses to not just the USA and its citizens, but global stability.

Nikki Haley needs to get her s**t together and understand that Biden is NOT a bigger threat to the USA than Trump. She claims Biden is a worse threat, but she's never explained how that claim makes any sense in reality. She may not endorse Trump, but she is effectively doing just that by claiming Biden is worse. Frankly she has made so many mistakes in interviews and speeches that I doubt many take her seriously. But someone needs to tell her that she can salvage some dignity and respect by endorsing the only viable alternative to Trump, and that is Biden/Harris. Haley doesn't need to like it, she needs to understand that is what will protect the USA and global stability for another 4 years. I'm sure she's worried about her career as a public servant, but she seems to be in no-man's-land for a decade, as there is nowhere that she fits. She can be an actual public servant like Liz Cheney and do the honorable thing for America.
These people were always among us. They just didn't have any political clout. Thanks to the old republicans like Carl Rove and Dick Cheney, now they do, and they're using it to try and do what they've always wanted: make everyone else pay for marginalizing them in the past.
The dilemma is that they don't have anything to offer a democracy.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What's the problem?
Seriously? Did you, perhaps, miss

... climate change denier, wants to remove science and social studies curriculum from elementary schools, use taxpayer money for private schools, hater of transgender, Barack Obama, a birther, hater of Muslims, hater of gays, made light of the attack on Pelosi's husband, called the Civil Rights Movement a Communist plot, mocked survivors of school shooting.