• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hindu Resources

Craig

I'm looking to learn more about Hinduism. Can you point me to some very good online resources that can teach me the concepts of the Hindu belief system. I've read numerous books on Hinduism, but am looking for something that can give more details.

Thanks in advance.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Believe it or not, the best resource for Hinduism is practicing Hindus. ^_^ Don't be afraid to ask your questions here; we'll be happy to answer them.

I'm looking to learn more about Hinduism. Can you point me to some very good online resources that can teach me the concepts of the Hindu belief system. I've read numerous books on Hinduism, but am looking for something that can give more details.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you're looking for... If you want Vaishnavism, ISKCON is the most accessible for Westerners... if Shaivism, check out the Shaiva Siddhanta Church.

A more neo-Hindu thought approach would be to go to the local Hindu temple. You also have Arya Samajis, Brahma Kumaris, personality-religions like Paramahamsa Yogananda, Satya Sai Baba, Sri Chinmoy, or organisations like Chinmaya Mission and the Ramakrishna Math.

Hinduism is diverse! :p

Zeroa

Dances With Mice
It depends on what you're looking for... If you want Vaishnavism, ISKCON is the most accessible for Westerners... if Shaivism, check out the Shaiva Siddhanta Church.

A more neo-Hindu thought approach would be to go to the local Hindu temple. You also have Arya Samajis, Brahma Kumaris, personality-religions like Paramahamsa Yogananda, Satya Sai Baba, Sri Chinmoy, or organisations like Chinmaya Mission and the Ramakrishna Math.

Hinduism is diverse! :p

On the Saiva Siddhanta Church end of things, they have a bunch of their books up online: Online Books

Craig

Thanks to everyone for the resources supplied. I'll study them as well as participate in forum discussions. Again thanks for your assistance.