• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help

Alone

Banned by request
True that however I kind of got beat down pretty good so I want to see exactly how that happened and what I did to allow that.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
True that however I kind of got beat down pretty good so I want to see exactly how that happened and what I did to allow that.
I'll look at the thread. But I'm guessing is was wrong place / wrong time.... not anything about you....

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My vote: no one can determine OCD, on their own. If that's how you feel, go see a Dr.

I have never been officially diagnosed, but I have all of the signs and symptoms. I've also accepted them and learned to live with them, and in some cases, they have brought success into my life.

If someone feels they tend toward OCD and have learned to live with it, I see no need to see a doctor about it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
RF retains the right (copyright) to reproduce any posts made,
I got a notice......that …..I.....have the copyright

and the postings I log belong to me

still....I have found no manner to send my own handiwork to my email

apparently
my creativity belongs to me
but the Forum has possession

I suspect.....an argument of intellectual property is pending

Alone

Banned by request
I don't think there was.

We don't dislike you, though. And you even got told by a member who doesn't compliment too often (in my opinion), that you make interesting discussions.

And even if anyone does make you feel unwelcome, it's not like standard members can kick you off the site.
After going back I think I may have overreacted? Kind of a touchy subject.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I have never been officially diagnosed, but I have all of the signs and symptoms. I've also accepted them and learned to live with them, and in some cases, they have brought success into my life.

If someone feels they tend toward OCD and have learned to live with it, I see no need to see a doctor about it.
There has to be an observable negative effect on themselves or others to be diagnosable as a mental illness.

That's where OCD fits into the framework of western psychiatry. It's an illness. That means if there are no symptoms, and no decrease in quality in life... there's no illness, there's no OCD.

Alone

Banned by request
@Alone, I very much hope that you stay a little longer, here on RF. Even if it's more reading and research rather than question and answer. I don't work here, I'm just a member. So you know, not sure if you've figure out the color codes yet that communicate this. But you should know. I'm chatting with you cause I like you. Not cause I'm staff.

Also, There's a lot of love here. I think people were probably concerned about you and maybe that resulted in a bit of a dog-pile. That will die down.

I am going to try to sleep. Go night new friend, @Alone, and far away neighbor @KAT-KAT ...

hope to chat with ya'll tomorrow or sometime soon.
You were right it's like a new kid on Christmas I was the present under the tree LOL thanks for the encouragement by the way!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Well that is an unfair bet because I'm not allowed to delete my profile lol!
HeeHee, you just scooby-doo'd Columbus. And that rarely happens...

Like, I mean... @columbus, has this ever happened in the history of your time here on RF?

Alone

Banned by request
Well....... I guess I had to learn the hard way that it is better to browse then to speak! LOL

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Well that is an unfair bet because I'm not allowed to delete my profile lol!
I have a rather more nuanced meaning for the term member than simply being recognized by the machine as having a profile.

Members participate, at least a little. Maybe they only browse occasionally, and post even more rarely. But they participate.

I've been a member for going on 6 years. There are profiles I run across sometimes for people who haven't posted in over 10 years. Their profiles still work(because the internet never forgets), but I don't consider them members.

Then there's people who posted frequently, then suddenly stopped. I don't know what happened with them. Maybe they just died. If they're dead, but have an active account, are they members?

I like you and thought you'd stick around. I got the impression that you enjoyed interacting with a global community like RF. Pardon me if I misunderstood you.

But one thing I have noticed is that the people who talk about leaving do not usually do so. It's the ones who don't like being challenged, or have life complications get in the way, or something like that, who just stop posting and we never hear from them again. You don't seem like that.
Tom

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I just want to clarify that I don't think that anyone here has called me these things, only by the information that I have gathered from comments and post have I made this determination on my own, and I am saying that these things are what I have found out, that being said, please no one take offense to this post!
Thank you

Your posts are good, interesting, intelligent, thought provoking, amusing. That's all that matters so there is no need to beat yourself up.

Alone

Banned by request
I have a rather more nuanced meaning for the term member than simply being recognized by the machine as having a profile.

Members participate, at least a little. Maybe they only browse occasionally, and post even more rarely. But they participate.

I've been a member for going on 6 years. There are profiles I run across sometimes for people who haven't posted in over 10 years. Their profiles still work(because the internet never forgets), but I don't consider them members.

Then there's people who posted frequently, then suddenly stopped. I don't know what happened with them. Maybe they just died. If they're dead, but have an active account, are they members?

I like you and thought you'd stick around. I got the impression that you enjoyed interacting with a global community like RF. Pardon me if I misunderstood you.

But one thing I have noticed is that the people who talk about leaving do not usually do so. It's the ones who don't like being challenged, or have life complications get in the way, or something like that, who just stop posting and we never hear from them again. You don't seem like that.
Tom
Yeah I just got worked up because I was having some issues with a member in the evolutionist vs. Creationist forum and I simply overreacted, but then after I went to the help cuz I was frustrated and wanted to get out, a couple of people started chatting with me and we got to laughing and what not and after that died down I went back and read that whole conversation and realized that I had overreacted! Thanks for your comments.