• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello!

Hi everyone I am a recovering Muslim currently an atheist. I was a devout Muslim who prayed five times a day and all that until a few months ago. Until my true senses took over, and I realized who I was: a free human being.

What's religion? It's what keeps the rich from killing the poor. It can become an illusion, a fantasy created to comfort the insecurities of humans. At worst it is a form of oppression & control over a person's life. Religion prevents people from realizing the strength that lies within themselves, by setting up false boundaries regarding sexuality, honor, free will, and free expression.

Today I am an atheist. I hope that my posting here can be insightful and allow all people of all nations and cultures to desire a world in which xenophobia ceases to manifest.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to RF!
It will be interesting to have an ex-Muslim member here as I am not sure that we currently have any others.
How should I address you? As...Murtadd?

Rakhel

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2320847 said:
You can call me Murtadd :D
hey and welcome. I was just gonna say your name is confusing my daughter's Android tablet. Lol but now that I know what those boxes mean, I will say Hi Murtadd!!

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
ppɐʇɹnɯ;2320554 said:
Hi everyone I am a recovering Muslim currently an atheist. I was a devout Muslim who prayed five times a day and all that until a few months ago. Until my true senses took over, and I realized who I was: a free human being.

What's religion? It's what keeps the rich from killing the poor. It can become an illusion, a fantasy created to comfort the insecurities of humans. At worst it is a form of oppression & control over a person's life. Religion prevents people from realizing the strength that lies within themselves, by setting up false boundaries regarding sexuality, honor, free will, and free expression.

Today I am an atheist. I hope that my posting here can be insightful and allow all people of all nations and cultures to desire a world in which xenophobia ceases to manifest.

Welcome! You're the first ex-Muslim I've encountered too. But I haven't been around long either.