• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hated Food Trends

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Needs orange and coffee to make it complete.
If I ate that much breakfast, I'd be sick for a week ... maybe more. But I've seen people do it. Physical labour guys like those who work on a pipeline, walk into a restaurant, and make it back and forth from the buffet table 3 or 4 times. They call it 'loading up'.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If I ate that much breakfast, I'd be sick for a week ... maybe more. But I've seen people do it. Physical labour guys like those who work on a pipeline, walk into a restaurant, and make it back and forth from the buffet table 3 or 4 times. They call it 'loading up'.

I have seen construction workers load like that.

It used to be our sunday breakfast, no food for the rest of the day gave us an extra hour or more to get on with life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Under normal circumstances I would agree hot dogs is why hell exists. But, yet, I don't complain or turn them when their convenience is very convenient (such as a LARP game where they are quick to heat over a fire and don't take long to eat). And I'm pretty sure the last hot dog I had was at a larp game. Otherwise they have to be slathered in a spicy nacho or jalapeno cheese.
Hot dogs are designed to be disguised under something palatable.

I recall once reading about some explorers who dined with some
remote primitive aboriginals somewhere in a jungle. The natives
ate gross juicy big bugs like caterpillars. But they were horrified
at hot dogs.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Haggis, sliced about 1cm thick is a great accompaniment to a full breakfast of 2 eggs, 3 or 4 slices of bacon, a sausage or 2, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, and 2 slices of haggis, all fried, plus a helping of beans in a tomato sauce. With toast and/or fried bread.

I do miss my full Scottish breakfasts.

Substitute the haggis for black pudding to make it a full english.
Maybe I should deal with all the rules to enjoy eating all the food, lol. Though a larger breakfast for me would be 3 eggs, 3 or 4 slices of bacon, 2 slices of toast, and a big glass of orange juice. I don't like tomatoes (too slimy), mushrooms I can usually get through if the texture gets me (especially if it feels like I'm biting into a chunk of fat), but the rest I can handle (though not much onion, if any at all, in the haggis as my tongue is sensitive to the taste and it doesn't like it).

ChristineM

Premium Member
Maybe I should deal with all the rules to enjoy eating all the food, lol. Though a larger breakfast for me would be 3 eggs, 3 or 4 slices of bacon, 2 slices of toast, and a big glass of orange juice. I don't like tomatoes (too slimy), mushrooms I can usually get through if the texture gets me (especially if it feels like I'm biting into a chunk of fat), but the rest I can handle (though not much onion, if any at all, in the haggis as my tongue is sensitive to the taste and it doesn't like it).

Although i do miss big "sunday" breakfasts i make no attempt to emulate them. What we usual have for breakfast is a glass of fresh orange and a bowl of cereal followed by a coffee thick enough to fix telephone poles.

Once or twice a week we will go into town and have a couple of french pastries (my fave is pain au raisin) and coffee.
dsc090152.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Although i do miss big "sunday" breakfasts i make no attempt to emulate them. What we usual have for breakfast is a glass of fresh orange and a bowl of cereal followed by a coffee thick enough to fix telephone poles.
I wish cereal wasn't so picky with soy, almond, and rice milks (or, rather, that my stomach could still handle regular milk). I miss just pouring a bowl and dumping milk on it, and I sigh most times when I think of the milk I have goes well with the cereal I have or not. So I don't eat much cereal anymore.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I wish cereal wasn't so picky with soy, almond, and rice milks (or, rather, that my stomach could still handle regular milk). I miss just pouring a bowl and dumping milk on it, and I sigh most times when I think of the milk I have goes well with the cereal I have or not. So I don't eat much cereal anymore.

I have a friend who has an intolerance to milk but she loves cereal. Answer, she eats it dry and sometimes pours honey or conserve on it to boost the flavour.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The only good hot dogs aren't hot dogs...they're brats.

On this thread about hated foods i have written plenty about foods i like, including foods that others hate (haggis for example). Time for me to return to the theme of the thread.

I will eat just about anything classed as food, and i have. Some only once, either because of rarity (fugu, kobe beef etc) or less often because of eukkkk.

Hotdog count among the eukkkk food group.

I dont know what it is about long tubes of plastic stuffed with reclaimed animal gunge that is boiled to mush but i really do not enjoy them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Depends on the brands

Intestine is used so make real sausage, not a problem.
What I hate is the trend of slathering hot dogs with
some chili, cheese & other stuff....then charging $7.50.
It's still a damn tube steak on white bread !!!

ChristineM

Premium Member
What I hate is the trend of slathering hot dogs with
some chili, cheese & other stuff....then charging $7.50.
It's still a damn tube steak on white bread !!!

Says the man who burns real steak then slathers in chili sauce !!!

Won't bother me, i wont be eating it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
There's a world of difference there.
The French.....with cream sauce instead of chili sauce,
tis no wonder their restaurants don't do well here.

What cream sauce? Never been served a cream sauce, mostly the food is without any sauce, prepared property it doesnt need it.

Perhaps it the french way of dealing with the American habit of plastering sauce on everything, at least a cream sauce will not nuke the flavour of the food.

Interestingly, just looked up "best restaurants in new york" 2 of the top 3 are french, the third a french/american fusion restaurant... Maybe french food with chili sauce

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
hated food items...

Tofurky
Bacon
Shrimp
Haggis (and yes I have tried it)
A long list of Chinese food items, mostly Southern Chinese, although the Sparrows on a stick in Beijing was not something I would eat either.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Interestingly, just looked up "best restaurants in new york" 2 of the top 3 are french, the third a french/american fusion restaurant... Maybe french food with chili sauce
Restaurants rated by snooty NYC food critics....pbbbtttt!
They don't know good food. They're slaves to fashion & pretense, like.....
deconstructed fusion artisanal gluten-free non-GMO free-range kale appletinis.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Hated food trends.....surprisingly, even though I do not eat them, I agree with the original post.....hamburgers that are bigger than your head are ridiculous....

A restaurant near my office decided that everything needs chili powder......including chicken soup, tomato soup, and every sandwich they sold.....didn't like that either