• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hated Food Trends

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Food etiquette that's completely irrational and arbitrary, such as no ketchup on hot dogs, which is considered taboo in the Chicago area. Or that "real" chili doesn't have beans, which is largely a Texan sentiment.
That, several different sizes of forks and spoons, dish for that, saucer for that, tines up here, tines down over there, napkin place, cup place, napkin for this not for that......just ****ing eat! Dinner is so much better when you heap a pile of sea food fry on lid of a cardboard box and dive in with your hands. That is the best way to enjoy a hearty good meal with friends (even better when the weather is nice enough to eat outside).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That, several different sizes of forks and spoons, dish for that, saucer for that, tines up here, tines down over there, napkin place, cup place, napkin for this not for that......just ****ing eat! Dinner is so much better when you heap a pile of sea food fry on lid of a cardboard box and dive in with your hands. That is the best way to enjoy a hearty good meal with friends (even better when the weather is nice enough to eat outside).

Consider the etiquette of cheese eating in france (@Revoltingest is getting excited just reading that)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Consider the etiquette of cheese eating in france (@Revoltingest is getting excited just reading that)
It would probably irritate and annoy me to great lengths. Asperger's doesn't do well with pointless trivial social rituals, and growing up in the country doesn't do well with formal.
Although it does make me wonder how a "eating rules heavy" culture or person would handle eating under the circumstances of everything being finger food, lol.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Been to an Ethiopian restaurant yet?
All finger food.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can understand how those arise. Some foods benefit in flavor by proper preparation and consumption. For example it drives me a little crazy when someone cuts a huge slab of cheese off of a quality brand and eat it as they would a hunk of Velveeta (and if you have never had Velveeta consider yourself blessed). Decent cheeses usually have more flavor when sliced thinly. Velveeta is not even technically cheese. Its contents list it as "pasteurized prepared cheese product", yum:rolleyes:

ChristineM

Premium Member
It would probably irritate and annoy me to great lengths. Asperger's doesn't do well with pointless trivial social rituals, and growing up in the country doesn't do well with formal.
Although it does make me wonder how a "eating rules heavy" culture or person would handle eating under the circumstances of everything being finger food, lol.

Oh, is not trivial, it is really serious

As for eating rules heavy, 'tiz varied, strange, funny, fun, with finger food. The most interesting is 'faire chabrot' or 'doing the goat'. When most of the soup is consumed pour in a half glass of red wine, mix slightly and drink
220px-Vigneron_faisant_chabrot.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
I can understand how those arise. Some foods benefit in flavor by proper preparation and consumption. For example it drives me a little crazy when someone cuts a huge slab of cheese off of a quality brand and eat it as they would a hunk of Velveeta (and if you have never had Velveeta consider yourself blessed). Decent cheeses usually have more flavor when sliced thinly. Velveeta is not even technically cheese. Its contents list it as "pasteurized prepared cheese product", yum:rolleyes:

Thats me, or was, went to a restaurant, cheese board came, knowing no better i said that i'll have the roquefort. The place went silent.

Never had velveeta, dont want it. I can only assume its a taste match to spray on cheese that i have also avoided

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What people are doing to pizza. Hundreds of my Italian ancestors are spinning in their graves like rotisserie chickens.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have to admit, there are some white velveeta queso dips that are really good (not Velveeta brand, but the same sort of weird cheese thingy). It's rare I use that sort of cheese, but I've found it can have its place.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One food trend I don't like is the Luther Burger. Such a waste of a donut. And a burger.
I'm also not fond of the "low/no carb diet," "caveman diet," "grapefruit diet," "hate on fruit diet," and other dumb and potentially hazardous diet fads that come and go. With the dumbest this trend to scoff at fruit and denounce it as being "nothing but sugar/too much sugar." I suppose maybe if you ate a bag of oranges a day, but, seriously, off all the things to omit (and very typically it's never a good idea to omit any of the basic groups), they want to omit fruit? I think the bones of even our primate relatives and ancestors roll in their graves over that one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
BLEGH! American cheese on it's own is too bitter for my liking, and there aren't many things I like with it or care for that much. I'm also not fond of it's odd non-melted texture (and I find it too goopy when melted). It's almost like I can tell it's coagulated, it has an oily smeariness to it, and I don't like the mushiness it has (rather than the firmness of other cheeses).