• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hated Food Trends

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Been to an Ethiopian restaurant yet?
All finger food.
I like that stretchy barley flatbread. Unfortunately, last time I went I got food poisoning, so it may have ruined me for life.

Avocados ... did someone say avocados? Butter pears? mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That, several different sizes of forks and spoons, dish for that, saucer for that, tines up here, tines down over there, napkin place, cup place, napkin for this not for that......just ****ing eat! Dinner is so much better when you heap a pile of sea food fry on lid of a cardboard box and dive in with your hands. That is the best way to enjoy a hearty good meal with friends (even better when the weather is nice enough to eat outside).

Yep, and the various utensil customs/rituals that are completely pointless. "This has to be on the left and that has to be on the right, just because!"

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Real chili has kidney beans & large chunks of tomato (IMO, of course).
Whenever I make chili it has kidney, black, and pinto beans along with diced tomatoes and green chilis.

Hot dogs need mustard, not ketchup.

Personally, I put neither on my hot dogs. For me it's either chili sauce, cheese sauce, diced onions, relish, or mayo (that last one is probably even more contentious than ketchup).

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Where? In Mauritius, they had a smaller variety, cut it to look all pretty, then put it on a stick and walked around beaches selling them to tourists.

That's fine. But they put pineapple on pizza here. There's something not right about tomato sauce, mozzarella and pineapple. It's just wrong on so many levels. :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That's fine. But they put pineapple on pizza here. There's something not right about tomato sauce, mozzarella and pineapple. It's just wrong on so many levels. :D

Yup. Never understood just what makes a good pizza topping. It seems just so 'by chance'. Why not apples? We always had a slice of cheese with apple pie.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've noticed that hamburgers which are taller than their diameter have proliferated.
How does one eat these dang things?
14608702746_013d0039e8_z.jpg

You need to have a big mouth, like me. (At least, that's what everyone tells me.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like that stretchy barley flatbread. Unfortunately, last time I went I got food poisoning, so it may have ruined me for life.

Avocados ... did someone say avocados? Butter pears? mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Odd....it's so thoroughly cooked, I'd expect it to be safe.
Still, worth the risk.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Odd....it's so thoroughly cooked, I'd expect it to be safe.
Still, worth the risk.
Yeah that's what I figured. I think it was left at room temperature too long. That was my third Ethiopian restaurant. Good foo, other than that.

I have a sensitive gut too. Boss didn't get ill at all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whenever I make chili it has kidney, black, and pinto beans along with diced tomatoes and green chilis.

Personally, I put neither on my hot dogs. For me it's either chili sauce, cheese sauce, diced onions, relish, or mayo (that last one is probably even more contentious than ketchup).
Acceptable....except for mayo on dogs.
Why do you make God cry!