• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hate speech in the Quran and Bible. Should it be tolerated/accepted?

Should we oppose the hate-speech in the Bible and Quran?

• I lean more towards yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I strongly feel we should

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • I lean towards "No we should not"

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I strongly feel we should not

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Totally nothing to do with the above reply whatsoever. You seem to be on a mission to belittle others and their faith
Better you ask Allah if that is according to His Plan, I know for sure that this is not true, Sai Baba clearly said this, and it makes sense to me

And I got the same feeling reading your post, I got really disgusted with Islam, Allah, Muslim picture you are painting in this thread

Everyone is on this mission, except, some people are honest about it and most people not. Quran says among the things Mohammad (S) is sent with so the true religion becomes superior over all religions.

The religions that have no proof, have to talk about religion as something to not be approached through reasoning ,heart, and clear evidence. Ahlulbayt (a) and Quran are clearly proven to those who search and seek.

Yes, if religions have no proof, it's wrong for God to punish us for not following them. So no wonder all these religions are complaining about Islamic belief in hell.

My reply is directly linked with what he said.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think Jesus said anything hateful did he, or am I missing something?..;)

He spoke the truth when he said people would avoid coming to God because of his judgment and the light judgment is condemnation to such people, and so people can't give who they are for the sake of God. They can do it for a women, for money, but not for God.

Dropship

All the founders of other religions are dead and buried, but Jesus is not, so who should we follow, him or one of the others?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All the founders of other religions are dead and buried, but Jesus is not, so who should we follow, him or one of the others?

The Mahdi is still alive. Enoch/Idris alive. Jesus Alive. Elijah Alive. Khidr Alive. They all been kept for an important day. And these are only the ones we know about.

Dropship

The Mahdi is still alive. Enoch/Idris alive. Jesus Alive. Elijah Alive. Khidr Alive. They all been kept for an important day. And these are only the ones we know about.

When Jesus died on the cross he said "It is finished".
Did God later change his mind and decide it wasn't finished and that we needed more prophets to continue the work?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When Jesus died on the cross he said "It is finished".
Did God later change his mind and decide it wasn't finished and that we needed more prophets to continue the work?

According to the Bible, God changed his mind about the covenant to Aaron and his sons, so why not according to that paradigm. And with Saul too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm guessing the story of the Biblical Flood is not intended to be an actual historical account of any catastrophic deluge occurring. Please let us consider the Biblical flood story as simply being a parabolic tale of a major transition both in the early psychological and spiritual life of an individual human being as well as a major transitioning in the early psychological and spiritual life of early humanity as a whole.
I know it's not a historic event. But the Bible records it as something Jehovah did.
And you're reading a lot into it that just isn't there and ignoring what is. Like how Jehovah thought because of all the sinful people everything has to die.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's just Old Testament law pertaining to the Tribe of Israel's High Priests, anybody else is not subject to God's law of having to be killed by blunt trauma force for having committed idolatry.
It's still a terrible and problematic thing. Regardless of this and that ultimately it is immoral and has no proper place anywhere for any reason.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Really? Wouldn't it be better (and a mark of character) to work at improving on your own?
Makes sense to me, that we do our best to improve. I do think that Christians also try to do their best. All people do "the best they can", but the way they phrased it here, also gave me the impression that there is no need to work hard yourself

I go for a combination "I do my best and God does the rest (I belief that Grace is an important part; might be linked with Self Effort)"

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
You think you know everything about Quran when you know nothing.
I know a reasonable amount, but certainly not "everything". That should be obvious to any rational person.

Mohammad (s) is the Final Nabi, and the Ulul-Amr (a) if no disputes occurred would have ruled all as kings (no need of Messengers) but if disputes occur, they need to revive the message and hence deliver clear explanations and messages which they did making them Messengers. If disputes occur, they won't be solved except through us coming to God and the Messenger of the time, and so disputes won't end till the Mahdi comes back.
You said "God will only perfect it more though you maybe averse."
This means
1. The Islam is not perfect at the moment, and
2. Muhammad was not "final messenger", as someone must deliver Allah's improvements.
The number of disputes between Muslims about what the Quran means are irrelevant to these points.

Message is not Quran,
The Quran is Allah's message. That is pretty basic stuff.

it's Mohammad (s) Sunnah as far clear explanations go along with clear of Quran together, Nubuwa = Quran at all it's levels, not just it's words but it's levels at all ranks, for Angels to work with and some only known to Ahlulbayt (a), and still Quran is connected to God, and so no one fully knows Quran except God.

Message and Nubuwa are two different things, but related, and interlinked and their is overlap, but Nubuwa is revelation from God that is meant to be given to the people and maintained as scripture a long with trusted and taughts to Angels to help heal in all sorts of levels, worlds, and ways making Quran a magical book that works with healing power of Angels and the Guide of the time.

Sunnah is also healing and above the words of other humans, but some of it can be fabricated (short words not always can we tell are from or not from), and has to be accorded to Quran.

The 12th Imam will come back as a Messenger (Rasool).

And the term Mursaleen which gets translated as Messenger often but means sent ones in fact, includes both Anbiya and Rusul including the Rusul that are not Anbiya and Anbiya that are not Rusul and includes the Ulul-Amr in 4:59.

And for sure Ahlulbayt (a) have been sent to this world. Part of the sorcery of Iblis is to confuse all these concepts in people and in bad translations.

Translation of Quran != Quran.
Sorry, no idea what you are drying to say here.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Is the CIA a "Christian organisation"? What about the Tory Party? Was the KKK a "Christian movement"?
No, despite the majority of their members being Christian.

Much like my basketball team isn't Christian, regardless of the religion of it's members. All of which is fine, but certainly not why I was questioning your post.
You are surely not suggesting that 'Christian movements' can't exist, are you?
And these movements can influence the behaviour of members...right? Heck, they can even influence non-members from time to time. Right?

it would be a somewhat unusual position for you to suggest there are no Christian movements or groups capable of coherently influencing behaviour, but I guess I should pause and see what you think on that point before pressing on.

Suave

Simulated character
I know it's not a historic event. But the Bible records it as something Jehovah did.
And you're reading a lot into it that just isn't there and ignoring what is. Like how Jehovah thought because of all the sinful people everything has to die.

I seriously doubt there is sufficient H2O from all of planet Earth's combined available water sources ( i.e.- underground water, glaciers, continental ice sheets, and atmospheric water vapor) to have been able to raise the planetary sea level to that capable of having flooded the entire Earth's terrain in depth which is greater than the height of the Earth's tallest mountains., hence I can't take the Biblical flood narrative literally , I do rather consider the Flood myth to be a parabolic tale about spiritual cleansing by God, and about spiritual transformation. among human souls.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
It's still a terrible and problematic thing. Regardless of this and that ultimately it is immoral and has no proper place anywhere for any reason.

I myself have no concerns regarding what might have happened thousands of years ago with God's Covenant between Our Lord Almighty and the tribe of Israel's Priesthood.

KWED

So anyway, ignoring more of your ad hominem, I will ask another question just to clarify your erroneous claim about the so called "Shahadah". What does "Iththakhada ilaahahoo hawaahu" mean? Does it mean one God or only God like you claimed earlier?

I am only correcting your error. You can answer it, and if you dont know you can just say you dont know. No worries.
So we can take it that you admit that the Quran instructs Muslim husbands to beat/hit/strike their wives from whom they fear ill-conduct (under certain circumstances).

So what was all that other stuff about then?
I understand that you are uncomfortable about the classic "rock and a hard place" situation such passages puts you (and other apologists) in. You can't criticise the Quran for promoting domestic violence because that would mean it is flawed, yet you cannot defend it because that makes you an apologist for domestic violence and disprove the "equality and respect for women" claims.
So you embark on there pointless deflection and distraction exercises that only serve to highlight your turmoil.

KWED

I do rather consider the Flood myth to be a parabolic tale about spiritual cleansing by God, and about spiritual transformation. among human souls.
Surely the authors of the Bible could have come up with a better metaphor for spiritual cleansing than indiscriminate genocide on a global scale?