• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hate speech in the Quran and Bible. Should it be tolerated/accepted?

Should we oppose the hate-speech in the Bible and Quran?

• I lean more towards yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I strongly feel we should

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • I lean towards "No we should not"

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I strongly feel we should not

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
God is sovereign and has to deal with all types of people, some good and some bad. It is evidently an extremely evil world that we live in, does everybody seem innocent to you?
Oops, you ignored my point in your attempt to deflect.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The point was, those who suffer on earth, if remaining faithful, will be consoled. Whereas, for those who caused the suffering, will pay accordingly - there is both a heaven and a hell.
So, no, obviously, no one is espousing that our actions have no bearing on our future standing with God. But, for those who lament their present circumstances, appreciate the fact that it is not whether you win or lose on earth, but how you play the game that matters, for both the righteous and the wicked.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for illustrating my point so perfectly.

The Bible says a lot of things, and we are all held accountable for our actions irrespective from where the catalyst to our sins originate.
Unless of course God decides to harden our hearts against our will like he did with Pharoah.
Again, thanks for illustrating my point.

alypius

Christianity , like Islam, are very bigoted Religions that display/portray the epitome of hatred for infidels/heretics/pagans/unbelievers etc. (At least , total hatred for them if they die in that state without converting). You don't torture people forever and ever, unless you severely hate them.

What reasons are there to support this claim?