• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Sin Become a Joke?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If I'm having a crappy day, why is that going to put me in a fowl mood if a friend is have a good day? Emotionally, I wouldn't even really share in their joy (or sorrows) that much anyways.
And if I am in a ****ty mood, so what? I do my best to not take it out and others, and apologize if I do. It's not such a big deal that I would label it as some such massively offensive transgression against god. It wasn't even about him, he wasn't even involved at all, but rather it's between me and the person I treated poorly and unfairly. God needs to learn how to mind his own damn business.

So, your conscience didn't warn you that what you just posted about God minding His business was offensive and hurtful to me?

Do you think your conscience has died, which is a biblical possibility?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
When a child is an adult, one learns to allow that child to make her own decisions and live her own life.

Which has nothing to do with not caring about the decisions one's adult child makes. The boasts on this thread that "I don't care if my children have 500 sexual partners before marriage!" are nonsense and a feint that (God forbid!) any Bible precept (be sexually moral, not promiscuous) is true.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, your conscience didn't warn you that what you just posted about God minding His business was offensive and hurtful to me?
No. Why should it have? If an issue is between someone else me, why should go even get invovlded?
And if I say something that isn't a personal insult and someone gets offended anyways, that's on them.

Do you think your conscience has died, which is a biblical possibility?
No, it hasn't. I'm just apparently better at not ignoring it and reasoning that if my conscious tells me not to do something, I probably shouldn't do it.

QuestioningMind

How does any of that change the insult of calling secular marriage or church marriage silly? How does your continued line of argument truck with the insult to millions of carefully married persons?

Honestly? Me voicing my opinion that a legal document saying people are married is silly is an insult to you and millions of others? Are you usually so easily insulted? Why exactly are you insulted just because someone has a different opinion than you as to the seriousness of marriage? Do you really think that your personal opinions are so important that it's insulting for anyone to have the nerve to disagree with you? Worse yet, you appear to equate disagreeing with you as being unethical or immoral.

It's like I wrote in a previous post, you certainly are full of yourself.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
No. Why should it have? If an issue is between someone else me, why should go even get invovlded?
And if I say something that isn't a personal insult and someone gets offended anyways, that's on them.

No, it hasn't. I'm just apparently better at not ignoring it and reasoning that if my conscious tells me not to do something, I probably shouldn't do it.

So if you hurt someone, "that's on them"? That cannot be allowed in Heaven. Nor can the selfishness underlying the statement.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Honestly? Me voicing my opinion that a legal document saying people are married is silly is an insult to you and millions of others? Are you usually so easily insulted? Why exactly are you insulted just because someone has a different opinion than you as to the seriousness of marriage? Do you really think that your personal opinions are so important that it's insulting for anyone to have the nerve to disagree with you? Worse yet, you appear to equate disagreeing with you as being unethical or immoral.

It's like I wrote in a previous post, you certainly are full of yourself.

You have a lot of air there except for the last sentence. Quote:

Worse yet, you appear to equate disagreeing with you as being unethical or immoral.

If Jesus Christ is Lord and the Bible scriptures His, you are 100% correct.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So if you hurt someone, "that's on them"?
I said nothing to you or about you--personally, directly, or otherwise--that could reasonably be expected to offend someone. If my opinion offends you, I'm not sorry.
Nor can the selfishness underlying the statement.
What is so selfish about thinking that if I have a problem between myself and another, it's between that person and myself. What business or reason or right does god have involving himself? Parents musn't involve themselves with every argument their children have amoungst themselves, lest the children not learn how to solve the issues on their own in ways that don't invoke parental wrath.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I said nothing to you or about you--personally, directly, or otherwise--that could reasonably be expected to offend someone. If my opinion offends you, I'm not sorry.

What is so selfish about thinking that if I have a problem between myself and another, it's between that person and myself. What business or reason or right does god have involving himself? Parents musn't involve themselves with every argument their children have amoungst themselves, lest the children not learn how to solve the issues on their own in ways that don't invoke parental wrath.

1. My comment was you don't care about hurting others because you said it's on them.

2. Instead of apologizing, you now say you don't care if your words hurt me, "I'm not sorry".

3. You still think God should let you into a place where people don't hurt other people?

4. You still think God should not care about me, his child, being hurt, by you?

5. You have some bizarre concepts about tact, kindness, hurts and Heaven (and how parents protect children).

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I don't recall Jesus Christ having a single word to say about sex before marriage. Please provide his direct quote that indicates as much.

I understand that Jesus inspired both testaments. Both testaments have laws and precepts regarding adultery (illicit sex with a married person) and fornication (illicit sex with an unwed person).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
1. My comment was you don't care about hurting others because you said it's on them.
If my thoughts and opinions offend someone--opinions that are not personal attacks, degrading to any groups, or calling for violence--it is on that person. Nothing was said to hurt you, and you did excessively and needlessly take my thoughts on the subject personally. If me saying god needs to butt out in the affairs that are between myself and another, the only way that can hurt someone is if they take it personally.
2. Instead of apologizing, you now say you don't care if your words hurt me, "I'm not sorry".
I only apologize when I am actually in the wrong, and when I actually mean it. I am not in the wrong for you taking a thought that wasn't directed towards you or about you personally.

3. You still think God should let you into a place where people don't hurt other people?
Where have I ever said I wanted to be in some place God calls "paradise?" To the contrary, many times I've stated I'd rather go to Hell than spend eternity with a god who has a "my way or the highway" mentality about doing what he says and expecting complete and total obedience.
4. You still think God should not care about me, his child, being hurt, by you?
If god cares about you, he should help you grow some thicker skin. "Let the blasphemous she-devil do as she will," your god would probably say, and probably remind you about the shield and armor of faith and all that.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If my thoughts and opinions offend someone--opinions that are not personal attacks, degrading to any groups, or calling for violence--it is on that person. Nothing was said to hurt you, and you did excessively and needlessly take my thoughts on the subject personally. If me saying god needs to butt out in the affairs that are between myself and another, the only way that can hurt someone is if they take it personally.

I only apologize when I am actually in the wrong, and when I actually mean it. I am not in the wrong for you taking a thought that wasn't directed towards you or about you personally.

Where have I ever said I wanted to be in some place God calls "paradise?" To the contrary, many times I've stated I'd rather go to Hell than spend eternity with a god who has a "my way or the highway" mentality about doing what he says and expecting complete and total obedience.

If god cares about you, he should help you grow some thicker skin. "Let the blasphemous she-devil do as she will," your god would probably say, and probably remind you about the shield and armor of faith and all that.

I see. God made Heaven and Hell, invited you to Heaven, and the fact is you'd rather spend eternity in Hell than go with the God who died a horrible death by torture because He was INNOCENT and you were guilty.

That makes NO sense to my way of thinking. Tell me where I'm wrong that you are rejecting Jesus, who loves you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I see. God made Heaven and Hell, invited you to Heaven, and the fact is you'd rather spend eternity in Hell than go with the God who died a horrible death by torture because He was INNOCENT and you were guilty.
It's things like Psalm 137:9 that make me rather be in Hell. Even in context, there is no happiness in infanticide, but only wickedness and evil. And if god decided he had to send himself to die, that's on him. He's an omnipotent god (allegedly), and it was pretty much up to him how things were done. And the way he was killed, it was hardly the worse we've came up with as a species, and it's made less impressive by the fact he was a god.
And what am I guilty of? You keep mentioning "violating my conscious," but yet you have no answer when I ask why would I do that?
Tell me where I'm wrong that you are rejecting Jesus
To make it more specific/clear, I renounced Christ, evicted the Holy Ghost from my heart, and have come to view Jehovah as being no different than Poseidon or Quetzalcoatl.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
It's things like Psalm 137:9 that make me rather be in Hell. Even in context, there is no happiness in infanticide, but only wickedness and evil. And if god decided he had to send himself to die, that's on him. He's an omnipotent god (allegedly), and it was pretty much up to him how things were done. And the way he was killed, it was hardly the worse we've came up with as a species, and it's made less impressive by the fact he was a god.
And what am I guilty of? You keep mentioning "violating my conscious," but yet you have no answer when I ask why would I do that?

To make it more specific/clear, I renounced Christ, evicted the Holy Ghost from my heart, and have come to view Jehovah as being no different than Poseidon or Quetzalcoatl.

Psalm 137 is the recording of the Psalmist's, not God's, very honest, raw response to seeing his loved ones raped and murdered. I seek honesty and rawness, not religiosity.

What you are guilty of is what I'm guilty of--you say you don't EVER act against conscience. If I believe you, are you and I guilty of being imperfect? Can you understand that even if you don't go against conscience, you are imperfect and cannot live in a perfect utopia without being transformed?

You evicted the Holy Spirit from your heart? If you were in right relationship with God--trusting Christ for salvation, the Holy Spirit's voice within may be diminished, but He's not leaving, and you're going to Heaven, even if you don't want to.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You evicted the Holy Spirit from your heart? If you were in right relationship with God--trusting Christ for salvation, the Holy Spirit's voice within may be diminished, but He's not leaving, and you're going to Heaven, even if you don't want to.
So, then because I was born/raised into the Church, and am apparently going to Heaven anyways, then I had no real free-will about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And isn't that one major loophole/problem? I don't accept the concept of sin anymore, I follow a blend of mostly LHP and Buddhism with a dash of a few others, my art is often blasphemous in nature, and it should be without mentioning I don't accept Christ as messiah anymore or have faith in the salvation he allegedly offers. But yet I go to Heaven anyways? Isn't that kind of a huge slap in the face to the Saints and martyrs and others who lived their life for Christ, but I get a "get in free pass" over no other reason than happenstance of birth?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So, then because I was born/raised into the Church, and am apparently going to Heaven anyways, then I had no real free-will about it.

One is not saved by birthright. One makes a personal decision to trust Christ. I hope you have, I'm not sure. I wish I could be sure.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
And isn't that one major loophole/problem? I don't accept the concept of sin anymore, I follow a blend of mostly LHP and Buddhism with a dash of a few others, my art is often blasphemous in nature, and it should be without mentioning I don't accept Christ as messiah anymore or have faith in the salvation he allegedly offers. But yet I go to Heaven anyways? Isn't that kind of a huge slap in the face to the Saints and martyrs and others who lived their life for Christ, but I get a "get in free pass" over no other reason than happenstance of birth?

It's not by birthright, it's whether you sincerely trusted in Christ for salvation.

If you have, you are what the Bible calls "backslidden," that is, you were going up toward Heaven and slid back a bit, and will experience some suffering as a result--before you complain--that is fair to the saints and martyrs you mention. I've seen backsliders die at a very young adult age. It's hard to watch.

I don't know if you've trusted Jesus personally. I'm not sure. God is fair--it's on personal trust in God--not who your parents are or were. Good in your case since they seemed off as far as Christianity, right?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not by birthright, it's whether you sincerely trusted in Christ for salvation.
It's the idea that I did have this sincerely held and believed trust in Christ, and it came about just purely by happenstance of birth because my parents raised me to be as such.
But, I suppose at least you are giving me the benefit of a doubt, and not upfront denying my former faith like almost all others have over the years.