• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Sin Become a Joke?

Little Lunch

Atheist
1. My comment was you don't care about hurting others because you said it's on them.

2. Instead of apologizing, you now say you don't care if your words hurt me, "I'm not sorry".

3. You still think God should let you into a place where people don't hurt other people?

4. You still think God should not care about me, his child, being hurt, by you?

5. You have some bizarre concepts about tact, kindness, hurts and Heaven (and how parents protect children).

I think you have some bizarre concepts.
This is what I hear.
-You hurt my feelings by not believing what I believe and god cares about me, his child, so he's not going to let you into heaven if you don't apologise.

It's just a guilt trip.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So what's going on? What's your take on the situation? .

As long as you're a Christian, your sins have been forgiven.

Christianity has a very relaxed moral standard. Belief in Jesus is the big requirement.

And you can't blaspheme the HS, though I'm not quite sure how you'd go about doing that anyway.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
It's the idea that I did have this sincerely held and believed trust in Christ, and it came about just purely by happenstance of birth because my parents raised me to be as such.
But, I suppose at least you are giving me the benefit of a doubt, and not upfront denying my former faith like almost all others have over the years.

I don't know where you're at precisely with the Lord--I know God is very understanding for children who've been told "Get saved! Trust Jesus!" by parents who at the same time were abusive.

Having just spent time this weekend with brothers who grew up that way, one of them now an atheist, the other a devout born again Christian--I can tell you it will be up to your individual power of choice, just as it is for all persons.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I think you have some bizarre concepts.
This is what I hear.
-You hurt my feelings by not believing what I believe and god cares about me, his child, so he's not going to let you into heaven if you don't apologise.

It's just a guilt trip.

Well - - you can 1) read my questions 2) ask me for clarification rather than infer the wrong thing 3) understand the gospel--God won't let anyone imperfect into Heaven, which has nothing to do with apologies.

Those who trust Christ for salvation are made perfect by Christ--ready for judgment.