• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has human evolution been disproved?

Snowber

It's not just a few times, there is a plethora of evidence for 19 being a significant number, not only in the Koran but also referenced in the Koran about a Jewish Scripture which also "just happened" to have a similar miracle around the number 19.

These are just simple facts:

1- The first verse 1:1 known as "Basmalla" consists of 19 letters.

2-This verse was revealed to Muhammed after 74:30, which states
"Over it is 19". not a coincidence.

3-The Quran consists of 114 suras, which is 19X6.

4-The total number of verses in the Quran is 6346, or 19X334 (6234 numbered
verses and 112 unnumbered verses (Basmalla). 6234+112=6346. notice also that 6+3+4+6= 19

5-The Basmalla occurs in the Quran 114 times, despite its conspicuous absence
from Sura 9 (it occurs twice in Sura 27) and 114 = 19 X 6

6-From the missing Basmalla of Sura 9 to the extra Basmalla of Sura 27, there are precisely 19 Suras.

7-It follows that the total of the sura numbers from 9 to 27 9+10+11+12..... . +26+27) is 342, or 19X 18

8-This total (342) also equals the number of words between the two Basmallas of
sura 27. and 342 = 19X18

9-The famous first revelation (96:1-5) consists of 19 words.

10-This 19-worded first revelation consists of 76 letters, & 76=19X4

11-Sura 96, first in the chronological sequence, consists of 19 verses.

12-This first Chronological sura is placed atop the last 19 suras.

13-Sura 96 consists of 304 Arabic letters and 304 = 19X16

14-The last revelation (Sura 110) consists of 19 words.

15-14 different Arabic letters, form 14 different sets of "Quranic Initials" (Such as
A.L.M., of 2:1) and prefix 29 suras.These numbers add up to 14+14+29=57 19 X 3

16-The total of the 29 sura numbers where the Quranic initials occur is 2+3+7....+50+68=822, and 822 +14 (14 sets of initials)=836 =19X44

17-Between the first intialed Sura (Sura 2) and the last intialed Sura (Sura 68)
there are 38 un-initialed suras , 38=19X2

18-Between the first and last initialed sura there are 19 sets of alternating
"initialed" and "uninitialed" Suras,

19-The Quran mention 30 different whole numbers throughout,
3000,5000,50,000, & 100,000.
The sum of these numbers is 162146 = 19X8534

The following 2 facts may need some help with a calculator.

20- The word God (ALLAH) occurs throughout the Quran in its 114 Suras
2698 times and 2698= 19X142.

21-The number of verses where the word God occurs add up to 118123
also a multiple of 19, = 19X6217

22-The Quran's dominant message is that there is only "ONE GOD"
The word 'One", in Arabic "Wahid" in reference to God occurs 19 times
throughout the Quran.

23-The word "Wahid" itself, (one) has a numerical value of 19. W=6, A=1, H=8, D= 4. These are a well known values.

24-The word "Quran" occurs in the Quran 58 times, with one of them referring to
"another Quran" in 10:15, therefore, if excluded, the frequency of "this Quran" in
the Quran is 57, or 19X3

25- The first Pillar of Islam is stated in 3:18 as "La Elaaha Ella Hoo".(There is no
other God besides Him). This most important expression occurs in 19 suras.

Where the #19 is mentioned in the Koran, look below at verse 30 but also note the verses around it:

Khalifa
In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
74:1
Khalifa
O you hidden secret.
74:2
Khalifa
Come out and warn.
74:3
Khalifa
Extol your Lord.
74:4
Khalifa
Purify your garment.
74:5
Khalifa
Forsake what is wrong.
74:6
Khalifa
Be content with your lot.
74:7
Khalifa
Steadfastly commemorate your Lord.
74:8
Khalifa
Then, when the horn is blown.
74:9
Khalifa
That will be a difficult day.
74:10
Khalifa
For the disbelievers, not easy.
74:11
Khalifa
Let Me deal with one I created as an individual.
74:12
Khalifa
I provided him with lots of money.
74:13
Khalifa
And children to behold.
74:14
Khalifa
I made everything easy for him.
74:15
Khalifa
Yet, he is greedy for more.
74:16
Khalifa
He stubbornly refused to accept these proofs.
74:17
Khalifa
I will increasingly punish him.
74:18
Khalifa
For he reflected, then decided.
74:19
Khalifa
Miserable is what he decided.
74:20
Khalifa
Miserable indeed is what he decided.
74:21
Khalifa
He looked.
74:22
Khalifa
He frowned and whined.
74:23
Khalifa
Then he turned away arrogantly.
74:24
Khalifa
He said, "This is but clever magic!
74:25
Khalifa
"This is human made."
74:26
Khalifa
I will commit him to retribution.
74:27
Khalifa
What retribution!
74:28
Khalifa
Thorough and comprehensive.
74:29
Khalifa
Obvious to all the people.
74:30
Khalifa
Over it is nineteen.
74:31
Khalifa
We appointed angels to be guardians of Hell, and we assigned their number (19) (1) to disturb the disbelievers, (2) to convince the Christians and Jews (that this is a divine scripture), (3) to strengthen the faith of the faithful, (4) to remove all traces of doubt from the hearts of Christians, Jews, as well as the believers, and (5) to expose those who harbor doubt in their hearts, and the disbelievers; they will say, "What did GOD mean by this allegory?" GOD thus sends astray whomever He wills, and guides whomever He wills. None knows the soldiers of your Lord except He. This is a reminder for the people.
74:32
Khalifa
Absolutely, (I swear) by the moon.
74:33
Khalifa
And the night as it passes.
74:34
Khalifa
And the morning as it shines.
74:35
Khalifa
This is one of the great miracles.

We see in this that the purpose of the #19 is to provide comfort for the current as well as previous worshipers as well as confound those who do not believe. Also note, oddly enough in 74:35 it says "This is one of the great miracles", "coincidentally" 7+4+3+5 = 19.

The arabic word "hidden secret" has a mathematical value 1+30++40+4+500++200=775 7+7+5=19. (in arabic, letters were originally used as numbers a being 1, b being 2, and so forth, and once you get to the 10's it goes 10/20/30/40, etc)

The statement that prefixes 113 out of 114 suras "In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" occurs 113 times, despite it's absence in Sura 9 it still occurs 114 times (114= 19 x 6, also the number of Suras in the Koran = 114).

The phrase itself consists of 19 letters in arabic, the language the scripture was written in.

The main words in the statement "In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" occur a number of times that are divisible by 19. Bism means "In the name of", the root which is "Ism" or Name occurs in the Koran 19 times.

The second word is Allah or GOD, in English. The word GOD in the Koran occurs 2,698 times, or 19*142.

Next is Al-Rahman which means Most Gracious, the third part of the "In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" and it occurs 57 times or 19 x 3.

The last part is "Al Raheem" which means Most Merciful and this phrase occurs in the Koran 114 times or 19 x 6.

The occurence of all the words of the "Basmallah" in multiples of nineteen demonstrates that it cannot be the product of chance alone. The probability against this being chance alone may be calculated as 1 in 19*19*19*19 or 130231 since each word is assumed to have a 1:19 chance of occurring 19 times or a multiple thereof.

Snowber

continued..

Still a coincidence? Moving on, and remember I am not a crazy man and if this is not the truth I will accept any stronger evidence to show what is, this is just a kind invitation to open discussion as well evidence should anyone choose to take heed, religion of course cannot be forced on anyone.

[10:99] Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed.* Do you want to force the people to become believers?

Number of verses in the Quran = 6346 = 19*334, also 6+3+4+6=19.

In the Koran scholars have been trying to find out why there are a certain number of chapters prefixed with initials, until now there have been guesses but no real knowledge of why. For example, in Sura(Chapter) 50, it is prefixed with "Q" or Qaaf in arabic.

Now, as for the significance of these intials:

For any of the 29 initialed Chapters in the Koran, if you take the letters and individually count them in the Chapter they were mentioned, you will find that the count is divisble by 19. There have been committees dedicated to verifying and reverifying this. There are also sources online that show you what the Arabic initials look like and they have them highlighted in the text so you can verify them yourself as well.

Could human beings have kept count of such significant intricacies in the Koran 1400 years ago in days of ignorance?

In fact, GOD destined it's revelation for the time of the computer, note this verse:

[27:82] At the right time, we will produce for them a creature, made of earthly materials, declaring that the people are not certain about our revelations.

Up until recently, traditional Muslims thought (and most still think) that this will be some kind of monster of some sorts. In fact, this "earthly creature" is the computer. Note 2+7+8+2=19

Also, 'coincidentally', there are certain odd spellings of words in the Koran that occur. For example in one initialed Chapter (with M as an initial) we see that Mecca is spelled BECCA (an alternative name for Mecca, the ONLY Becca in the whole Koran). If it had been spelled Mecca we would have one extra "M" making the total count indivisible by 19 for that initial prefixed Chapter.

From Sura 9, the only Sura not prefixed by "In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" until Sura 27, where there are TWO "In the name of GOD's..." to make up for the missing one in Sura 9, we have 19 chapters counting from Sura 9.

9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27

To see these facts as well as other less simple facts (that you may have to use a calculator or are just harder to understand without more thought) please see:

A look at 19

As for "Why the #19" as some may ask, and I myself have asked:

Besides the #19 being mentioned in Chapter 74:30, there may be other reasons for it:

1-It is a prime number , only divides by itself and one.

2-It encompasses the first numeral (1) and the last numeral (9), as if to proclaim God's attribute in 57:3 as the "Alpha and the Omega".

3-Its {numerals} look the same in all languages in the world.The numerals (1) and (9) look very much the same in , for example Arabic and English.

4-It possesses many peculiar mathematical properties. For example, 19 is the sum of the first powers of 9 and 10, and the difference between the second powers of 9 and 10.

5-Number 19 is the numerical value of the word "ONE" in all the scriptural languages, Aramaic, Hebrew, and Arabic. The number 19, therefore proclaims the First commandment in all the scriptures: that there is only ONE GOD.

The word "ONE" "Wahid" in reference to God, in the Quran, is used 19 times. Is it a co-incidence?

The number 19 itself has no power and has no holiness, and can lead you no where. It is the Miracle that is based on this number that has the significance. This significance is explained clearly by God Almighty Himself in 74:30-31.

19 is the sum of the first powers of 9 and 10, and the difference between the second powers of 10 and 9.

Here is an article titled "Beyond Probability" for more evidence:

Beyond Probability

A total of 30 unique numbers are mentioned
throughout the Quran, and the sum of all these
numbers is 162146, a multiple of 19
(162146 = 19x8534).

Another interesting fact, in this verse, instead of saying 950 we see it written another way:

[29:14] We sent Noah to his people, and he stayed with them one thousand years, less fifty. Subsequently, they incurred the flood because of their transgressions.

Had GOD mentioned 950 rather than 1000 LESS 50, the sum of all unique numbers mentioned in the Koran would not be divisible by 19. 162146 is divisible by 19 where as if the number was 950 we would subtract 100 from the total sum (1050 - 950) leaving us with 162146 = not divisible by 19.

And I'd like to mention again the "witness from the Children of Israel"

Rabbi Judah the Pious*

[46:10] Say, "What if it is from GOD and you disbelieved in it? A witness from the Children of Israel has borne witness to a similar phenomenon,* and he has believed, while you have turned arrogant. Surely, GOD does not guide the wicked people."

The following quotation is taken from STUDIES IN JEWISH MYSTICIM, (Association for Jewish Studies, Cambridge, Mass., Joseph Dan & Frank Talmage, eds., Page 88, 1982). The quotation refers to the work of Rabbi Judah the Pious (12th Century AD):

The people [Jews] in France made it a custom to add [in the morning prayer] the words: "`Ashrei temimei derekh [blessed are those who walk the righteous way]," and our Rabbi, the Pious, of blessed memory, wrote that they were completely and utterly wrong. It is all gross falsehood, because there are only nineteen times that the Holy Name is mentioned [in that portion of the morning prayer]... and similarly you find the word `Elohim nineteen times in the pericope of Ve-'elleh shemot.... Similarly, you find that Israel were called "sons" nineteen times, and there are many other examples. All these sets of nineteen are intricately intertwined, and they contain many secrets and esoteric meanings, which are contained in more than eight large volumes... Furthermore, in this section there are 152 (19x8) words.

Keep in mind this does NOT encompass all details of the miracles, but even for me I feel this is enough evidence to get the idea that SOMETHING greater is going on. I do not mean to sound arrogant when presenting this either, the message is for all mankind, not specifically for "ME". In fact I have many things to change about myself, I just feel that this deserves some serious examination.

Regards

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You still entirely miss the point of everything I just said. The reason the number 19 keeps popping up is because people keep looking for the number 19. It doesn't mean a thing in reality, and it is certainly no greater "miracle" than people believing that they see a face in the moon. Finding the number 19 appearing repeatedly in a book is no more amazing than finding the number 19 (or any number for that matter) anywhere else in the world. It is not evidence for anything, it doesn't mean anything, and it is certainly not a miracle.

Again, six assassination attempts, one book. How is that less significant than finding an arbitrary number with no relevance to anything repeatedly in a single text?

Snowber

You still entirely miss the point of everything I just said. The reason the number 19 keeps popping up is because people keep looking for the number 19. It doesn't mean a thing in reality, and it is certainly no greater "miracle" than people believing that they see a face in the moon. Finding the number 19 appearing repeatedly in a book is no more amazing than finding the number 19 (or any number for that matter) anywhere else in the world. It is not evidence for anything, it doesn't mean anything, and it is certainly not a miracle.

Again, six assassination attempts, one book. How is that less significant than finding an arbitrary number with no relevance to anything repeatedly in a single text?

If you read the details you'd see it's not just a number popping up in a book. If you'd like to take the number 19, find a book with 250-400 pages and try to draw some significance out of it and find things more significant that what was given to you here, then I might understand. But this is not just a random number someone chose to take, it's deliberately used and pointed out in the Koran to be the foundation of the miracle. The number "19" itself is not holy, as mentioned in the posts before, but GOD chose it for a reason.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
If you read the details you'd see it's not just a number popping up in a book. If you'd like to take the number 19, find a book with 250-400 pages and try to draw some significance out of it and find things more significant that what was given to you here, then I might understand. But this is not just a random number someone chose to take, it's deliberately used and pointed out in the Koran to be the foundation of the miracle. The number "19" itself is not holy, as mentioned in the posts before, but GOD chose it for a reason.

I have already shown you: Moby Dick, six assassinations mentioned that just occurred through pure blind coincidence. How is that not more compelling that the number 19 cropping up in a text repeatedly? You keep asserting that "God chose it" but cannot explain why, and you also cannot explain why it is any more significant than my Moby Dick example (which is a lot clearer and far more compelling).

I mean, seriously. That's like noticing two similar-looking stones side-by-side and saying "It's a miracle! This is surely God giving me a sign!" and then ignoring the fact that it starts raining gold by saying "Meh, that's just pure chance."

Come on, be reasonable.

Snowber

The explanation is in the previous posts, I know they are long but it's in there.

I'd like to see the mathematical probability on a book as long as Moby Dick having a name come up in a row of letters, whether they are right next to each other or 2-3 letters apart. I doubt it would come anywhere close. When I was 15 maybe something like the Moby Dick example would've amazed me but at this point I've seen so many attempts to belittle a true work of Art that it loses it's pizazz.

Again, as for why GOD chose the number 19, you will have to read above. If it's too much I'll find the section and paste it for you. Cheers.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Numerology is haram.

“Numerology has no logical rules and does not represent scientific facts. We would like to ask who arranged the letters in that certain way known to numerologists? Why do we have to accept this way of arranging and reject others? Why do we have to give the alphabetical letters these specified numbers? All these questions need an answer that is based on scientific facts not mere speculations and superstitions. Using the so-called numerology is totally unacceptable, for it contradicts the clear significance of the Quran."
(Al-A`raf: 187)
“Numerology is prohibited in Islam. Some people have introduced this in Islam by giving some numbers to Arabic letters. Our innocent Muslims believe that this is also part of Islam. Islam is the true religion of Allah. He perfected His religion in all aspects. No one can introduce any new thing in the religion. Our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has warned severely about importing innovations into Islam, for it has been perfected by Allah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Every innovation is misguidance and going astray, and all what drives man astray leads to Hell-Fire.”
S. A. Mohamed Burhanudeen

Next you will be using astrology and fortune tellers to prove the Quran.

Gabethewiking

Books don't have sex.

wa:do

Atleast not when we are looking, perhaps they are shy.

Snowber, Immortal has shown that you are wrong, are you just going to ignore this? He took time responding to your tedious posts and you just say "no, its not true", you see the faulty logic in this.

Further on, I am curious, why do you consider the Qu'ran important? In comparison to the millions of book existing, why is the Qu'ran the 'voice of god' (metaphorically)? If you where raised in a Christian family in United States, Texas, would you follow the Qu'ran just as today or the Holy Bible instead? If you where raised in Scandinavia would you be secular/atheist following rational reason instead, or still the Qu'ran?

Snowber

Numerology is haram.

“Numerology has no logical rules and does not represent scientific facts. We would like to ask who arranged the letters in that certain way known to numerologists? Why do we have to accept this way of arranging and reject others? Why do we have to give the alphabetical letters these specified numbers? All these questions need an answer that is based on scientific facts not mere speculations and superstitions. Using the so-called numerology is totally unacceptable, for it contradicts the clear significance of the Quran."
(Al-A`raf: 187)
“Numerology is prohibited in Islam. Some people have introduced this in Islam by giving some numbers to Arabic letters. Our innocent Muslims believe that this is also part of Islam. Islam is the true religion of Allah. He perfected His religion in all aspects. No one can introduce any new thing in the religion. Our Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has warned severely about importing innovations into Islam, for it has been perfected by Allah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Every innovation is misguidance and going astray, and all what drives man astray leads to Hell-Fire.”
S. A. Mohamed Burhanudeen

Next you will be using astrology and fortune tellers to prove the Quran.

Numerology is forbidden in Islam? In fact, innovation is definitely forbidden in Islam. Yet Muslims all around the world follow Hadith about the prophet that wasn't even made until 200 years after the Prophet Muhammad's death. Who is the real innovator? One who takes the hint the Koran has given them by GOD's will, or one who makes up stories clearly contradicting the Koran my friend?

Here are some examples of why Hadith cannot be an authorized source:

The most authoritative books of Hadith, namely, Muslim & Ibn Hanbal, report that the Prophet ordered that no one shall take anything from him EXCEPT QURAN. Shown below is the Arabic text of this Hadith:

"Abi Saeed AlKhudry may God be pleased with him reported that the messenger of God may God exalt him & grant him peace had said, 'Do not write anything from me EXCEPT QURAN. Anyone who wrote anything other than Quran shall erase it.'" !!!

hadith1.gif

Zayd Ibn Thabit (the Prophet's closest revelation writer) visited the Khalifa Mu'aawiya (more than 30 years after the Prophet's death), and told him a story about the Prophet. Mu'aawiya liked the story and ordered someone to write it down. But Zayd said, "The messenger of God ordered us never to write anything of his Hadith." (Reported by Ibn Hanbal)

hadith2.gif

Now do you see how Hadith coming 200 (more or less) years after the Prophet could turn into something like the Trinity coming 200 years (more or less) after Jesus?

Instead we should follow GOD's absolute word and not take up unauthorized sources as religious teachings, look at what has become of the Muslim world because they do not follow the Koran alone. In the media we are made to look like terrorists. We should not be afraid to question any source (contrary to what so many religious teachers tell us: "Follow without question"), in fact GOD reminds us to verify the source:

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Snowber, Immortal has shown that you are wrong, are you just going to ignore this? He took time responding to your tedious posts and you just say "no, its not true", you see the faulty logic in this.

Further on, I am curious, why do you consider the Qu'ran important? In comparison to the millions of book existing, why is the Qu'ran the 'voice of god' (metaphorically)? If you where raised in a Christian family in United States, Texas, would you follow the Qu'ran just as today or the Holy Bible instead? If you where raised in Scandinavia would you be secular/atheist following rational reason instead, or still the Qu'ran?

Now Gabe,

To say that Immortal has shown I am wrong, that is something I didn't accept on these forums. That displays a person's need to cling to their ego and accept what satisfies the mind, but truth isn't necessarily satisfying until we have come to fully accept it.

I did not say "no, it's true" that would have been an ignorant answer, desperately clinging to my "own truth". Instead I have presented the evidence (what I consider proof) given to us a blessing.

If you want to take a 2,000 page book like Moby Dick, find the names of 7 people who were assassinated, is that really amazing? In fact, the devil's schemes are to divert the people from the truth by having them find silly comparisons. In fact, this only reflects the human's tendency to prefer disbelief over belief, in fact, it only exposes their ultimate ignorance. Now that the truth has come, why aren't people accepting it dear friends?

I understand that it is NOT EASY for anyone to change beliefs. I know this because I have changed beliefs so dramatically, but the evidence was overwhelming. Hence the challenge:

[17:88] Say, "If all the humans and all the jinns banded together in order to produce a Quran like this, they could never produce anything like it, no matter how much assistance they lent one another."

[28:49] Say, "Then produce a scripture from GOD with better guidance than the two, so I can follow it, if you are truthful."

Whether the truth is called the Quran/Gospel/Torah/Mishnah/Hadith/Gommarah does not matter to me, what matters is what contains the truth. I'm not here to question why my soul was assigned to this body. Had GOD willed, no matter what family I was raised from, I would still have followed the Koran. You will see that example with many different religions, not everyone who grows up religious for example, stays religious. Not everyone who grows up secular, stays secular.

To ask why I consider the Koran to be the "voice of god" I think you are missing the point of the discussion, my friend. If the purified forms of the Gospel and Torah were still in tact today with the mathematical proof I believe they may very well have once contained, I would not have a problem following them as well. After all, GOD's message in it's purest form is:

[5:69] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, and the Christians; any of them who (1) believe in GOD and (2) believe in the Last Day, and (3) lead a righteous life, have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

God: The Only Judge

[22:17] Those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, the Christians, the Zoroastrians, and the idol worshipers, GOD is the One who will judge among them on the Day of Resurrection. GOD witnesses all things.

Now if you are truly interested in my history: I grew up in a traditional Sunni family with whom I still live with. Now in case you are not aware of the differences between a "traditional Muslim" and a "Koran only Muslim" they are like two different religions. To follow the Koran alone is to discard Hadith and Sunna as fabrications, and even if they have any truth in them, we are not authorized to use them as a religious source. So here a Koran only Muslim would discard volumes of books enough to compare to the Bible in it's entirety if not more, I'd say that's a pretty big jump out of my "parent's religion".

Cheers and thanks for the discussion.

Gabethewiking

Now Gabe,

To say that Immortal has shown I am wrong, that is something I didn't accept on these forums. That displays a person's need to cling to their ego and accept what satisfies the mind, but truth isn't necessarily satisfying until we have come to fully accept it.

So why have you not accepted it then, why do you cling to previous ideas that others shown to be wrong?

I did not say "no, it's true" that would have been an ignorant answer, desperately clinging to my "own truth". Instead I have presented the evidence (what I consider proof) given to us a blessing.

Haha, correct, you did not literally say that, but that was the meaning of your responses, was it not?

Immortal showed you that the Evidence, which you admit is subjective proof for you, was wrong and that it did not mean anything. How do you relate to that as the only thing I see now is repetition and more quatation if meaningless text.

You seem to be a reasonable man but when it comes to these religious issues you oppress your own reason, do you agree with my statement about you on that?

If you want to take a 2,000 page book like Moby Dick, find the names of 7 people who were assassinated, is that really amazing? In fact, the devil's schemes are to divert the people from the truth by having them find silly comparisons. In fact, this only reflects the human's tendency to prefer disbelief over belief, in fact, it only exposes their ultimate ignorance. Now that the truth has come, why aren't people accepting it dear friends?

Actually, humans tend to belief in things that do not exist, such as gods, in overly majority. Reason and secularism is rather new to human kind which came with more the knowledge we gained about the world.

I understand that it is NOT EASY for anyone to change beliefs. I know this because I have changed beliefs so dramatically, but the evidence was overwhelming. Hence the challenge:

Why would you have to believe anything, why not just accept what is real?

For example, I accept the Fact of Evolution because of the Evidence that shows its true. Evolution is thus True. This is not any belief system or based on any opinions at all, it is based on the real wrold showing us the evidence for its existence. Is this not better then to believe things because you are told it or because you want it to be true?

And this takes us back to Immortal, he showed you that the numerology means nothing, but you want it to and ignore the fact that Moby Dick can be exchanged for the Qu'ran, do you not see your biased here?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No, that is what you doing.

If you want to take a 2,000 page book like Moby Dick,
Moby Dick is 822 pages.

find the names of 7 people who were assassinated, is that really amazing?
No, it's coincidence.

But it's still just as big, if not a bigger, coincidence than the number 19 repeatedly appearing a book (albeit only after dividing or multiplying certain numbers arbitrarily).

In fact, the devil's schemes are to divert the people from the truth by having them find silly comparisons. In fact, this only reflects the human's tendency to prefer disbelief over belief, in fact, it only exposes their ultimate ignorance. Now that the truth has come, why aren't people accepting it dear friends?
Again, turn everything that you've said here on yourself and you'll see what I'm getting at. You're the one clinging at meaningless numbers, assigning your own meaning to them, and then looking for them any way you can to affirm your meaning for them. You are the mislead, delusional one.

Snowber

So why have you not accepted it then, why do you cling to previous ideas that others shown to be wrong?

What has been shown wrong here? That a completely different and much more intricate system in the Koran is incorrect because someone was able to find the names of 7 assassinations in a 2,000 page long book? Do I have to keep repeating my answer here, it seems we're beating around the bush. Go and find me something that truly compares, I doubt you've read all of the evidence presented on the number 19 in the Koran, WHY the #19 is used, and evidence of it being used in previous scriptures. This is something that far surpasses finding 7 names in a 2000 page long book. Keep in mind the Koran is more like 200-300 pages long and revealed 1400 years ago.

Haha, correct, you did not literally say that, but that was the meaning of your responses, was it not?

Again this is an accusation, where is your support to show that I really meant "no it's true" without showing any evidence. Again, I repeat myself, go through the two long posts and find reasons to make me disbelieve it rather than indirectly accuse me of meaning something I did not. Remember, I am a human being like anyone else on these forums, and unlike many human beings, I am not ashamed to admit my mistakes. I am not claiming to have authored the Koran, only GOD could have done that.

Immortal showed you that the Evidence, which you admit is subjective proof for you, was wrong and that it did not mean anything. How do you relate to that as the only thing I see now is repetition and more quatation if meaningless text.

I could say the same thing about repetitive arguments coming from you friend. I admit that the assassinations in Moby Dick were interesting but in the end it loses it's credibility because the chances of coming up with 7 names of people assassinated in a 2000 page book is far greater than finding 100's if not 1000's (and constantly growing) "coincidences" in a 200-300 page revelation from 1400 years ago. Am I wrong to say this?

You seem to be a reasonable man but when it comes to these religious issues you oppress your own reason, do you agree with my statement about you on that?

If you are referring to me not being reasonable about the mathematical evidence in the Koran, please note that before I believed it, when I was still SKEPTICAL about it and, in fact, naturally angry about it (coming from a traditional Muslim background, these teachings were "Heresy").. I was looking for every possible contradiction to it. This meant google-ing counter arguments about it, similar "miracles", etc. I could not find anything to compare to it. If in the future I find clear evidence to disprove it I will reject it. I realize the fact that, in the past, people upheld ridiculous scientific teachings as the truth when they were later proven wrong. I believe this may very well still hold true for our teachings as well.

I ask you dear Gabe,

Before having this discussion with me, did you already label me as an ignorant religionists? I'm sorry if this is what causes people to disregard the evidence.

Actually, humans tend to belief in things that do not exist, such as gods, in overly majority. Reason and secularism is rather new to human kind which came with more the knowledge we gained about the world.

I agree, humans do agree to believe in things that do not exist.

Why would you have to believe anything, why not just accept what is real?

What is real to me doesn't have to be what I see physically. We have never SEEN evolution, but we believe it exists based on evidence. The same goes for belief in GOD. The evidence makes sense, our reason for being here makes sense, is that really worse than ignoring everything around us and just striving to live another day, each and every day?

For example, I accept the Fact of Evolution because of the Evidence that shows its true. Evolution is thus True. This is not any belief system or based on any opinions at all, it is based on the real wrold showing us the evidence for its existence. Is this not better then to believe things because you are told it or because you want it to be true?

Just as you believe in Evolution because of the evidence, I believe in GOD because of the evidence. In fact, neither of us have seen GOD or evolution personally, we don't see 'Dark Matter' which makes up a great majority of the universe, but we still believe it's there. Why is it so wrong when someone uses evidence to believe in GOD? I mean I understand that many people have corrupted religion and given it a bad impression, but anyone who truly researches it should know that in religious history, it was almost always a fact that very few people "really believed".

And this takes us back to Immortal, he showed you that the numerology means nothing, but you want it to and ignore the fact that Moby Dick can be exchanged for the Qu'ran, do you not see your biased here?

There is no real evidence to show that numerology truly means nothing. Instead I think I've already been labeled under what is understood to be "numerology" and that has diverted people's attention away from real evidence. Call it numerology or whatever you will, in the end the evidence is there. I don't know how times I have to repeat this as well: that Moby Dick, a 2000 page long book, has letters line up in 7 instances to spell names of 7 different assassinations ( even if they found more than that) is far from qualifying it to be exchanged with true evidence. We know that the writer's intention was never to "predict assassinations" in Moby Dick, whereas in the Koran, we learn the (even though it was revealed in a time of ignorance) that the evidence concerning the #19 was destined to be a powerful force in uniting those who would accept the evidence.

I leave you, my dear friends, with another 'coincidence' to ponder on:

[54:1]: “The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer”

Until recently traditional Muslims thought that the moon was actually split 'in half'. In fact, this prophecy was fulfilled when we landed on the moon and brought back lunar rocks, thus "splitting the moon".

More evidence of this is that in 54:1, we see the "19th" occurence of "Al-Qamar", or "The Moon"

Even more confirmation is that the lunar module "left" the moon's surface at:

17: 54: 1 (Universal Time) or 1: 54: 1 (EDT)

54:1, we see, is the name as the Chapter/Verse number in the Koran that speaks of the splitting of the moon.

Another interesting point: This prophecy came to pass on July 21, 1969

In a format used by most countries this would be:

21/07/1969, 21071969 = 19 x 1109051

BUT, even if with take the American date of the landing..

7-20-1969

We see that 7201969 = 19 x 379051.

Now if we get into the "crazy numerology" business we'll see more evidence:

The Chapter number (54) plus the verse number (1) plus the time format gives us:

54+1+21+7+1969=2052 = 19 x 108

From the beginning of the Koran to verse 54:1 we have 4845 verses = 19 x 255

Let's see what GOD says about it:

[54:1]: “The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer”

[54:2] “Then they saw a great miracle; but they turned away and said, “Old magic.”

[54:3] They disbelieved, followed their opinions, and adhered to their old traditions

I mean I understand that we find "coincidences" in life, but how many coincidences does it take to get the hint that something bigger than us is going on?

Snowber

And yes, I did not re-post your entire post simply because...well it is meaningless to the OP.

Agreed maybe we've tainted this thread too much. If anyone cares to continue the discussion I don't mind making it in another forum somewhere.

camanintx

Now let us look at evolution mathematically:

Now, according to the article, let's go ahead and assume the monkey's gene is 99% similar to a human's gene (many evolutionists believe it is in the 90% range, please correct me if im mistaken).

At 99% similarity we're saying that we still need to "haphazardly rearrange" (or rearrange in a random manner) 300,000,000 nucleotides to turn a monkey into a human being.

Probability laws state that this is simply impossible.

Human genes contain 3.3 BILLION nucleotides, so 300 million would be about .9-1%.
Your source doesn't appear to understand evolution or probability. Read the following link for a better understanding of both.

Bad Science, Worse Philosophy (Part 9)