• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever heard of the Unity and the Association of Unity Churches International

Wannabe Yogi

Hello everyone! I am researching a Church called Unity. It seems like a very positive and uplifting Church. Have you ever heard of it? If so, what do you feel about it?

Welcome to Unity: A Positive Path For Spiritual Living. - Their Official Website in English

I like them a lot. My son had some very bad experiences with Christians at a very young age. By the age of 7 he hated Christians. So I called local churches and told them about my problem. I wanted to take him to a Christian Church so he would not Hate Christians. I started off this conversation "will you tell my 7 year old son that he and his whole family are going to hell because they are not Christians." The minster at Unity responded "we don't send anyone to Hell, we dont believe it." For around a year my whole family went around twice a month to this church. They were very nice and really tried to help my son. Once they even cut out pic of Indian Sadhus and let him make a Hindu picture in sunday school. They even sang My Sweat Lord (George Harrison Krishna song) for us in Church.

They were very helpful and I really enjoyed their Sermons.

I have a lot of respect for the Unity Church.

ZooGirl02

I like them a lot. My son had some very bad experiences with Christians at a very young age. By the age of 7 he hated Christians. So I called local churches and told them about my problem. I wanted to take him to a Christian Church so he would not Hate Christians. I started off this conversation "will you tell my 7 year old son that he and his whole family are going to hell because they are not Christians." The minster at Unity responded "we don't send anyone to Hell, we dont believe it." For around a year my whole family went around twice a month to this church. They were very nice and really tried to help my son. Once they even cut out pic of Indian Sadhus and let him make a Hindu picture in sunday school. They even sang My Sweat Lord (George Harrison Krishna song) for us in Church.

They were very helpful and I really enjoyed their Sermons.

I have a lot of respect for the Unity Church.

Ah yeah. I had a similar experience growing up. I was raised as a fundamentalist and I held a lot of hatred for Christianity in my preteen, teen, and young adult years. I have searched and searched and searched. Often I have searched to no avail. However, for the last 10 years, I have been highly interested in Syncretic religions such as Unitarian Universalism. However, I never did get into Unitarian Universalism because I have a strong faith in God and I knew that a lot of Unitarian Universalists are atheists. I do not have a problem with atheists. I just wanted a religion where I was with people who are not only like-minded but open-minded and caring. I feel that I have finally found what I was looking for in Unity. :)

I know that Unity has helped me tremendously. For example, earlier I woke up with a massive headache. Well, I prayed with some guidance from Unity and I listened to some affirmations and had some short meditation time. It has been about an hour and a half and I feel 98% better already!

I know that God is for real and that He loves everyone. I know that we all have a spark of the Divine in us and I know that we are all meant to go to Heaven in the afterlife. I know that all religions have truth in them. I know that no one will be punished and tortured forever in Hell because they didn't believe the correct thing(s) according to a fundamentalist. I know that God is merciful and that He can heal us through the power of medicine, doctors, nature, love, and all other things that are beneficial to the body.

It is the first time that I've heard of it... I think I wanted to know more:)

Okay, here are a couple of websites for you to visit:

Welcome to Unity: A Positive Path For Spiritual Living. - Official main site of Unity

Unity.FM | The Voice of an Awakening World - 24/7 Unity Radio

Home | Unity Village - Retreats, Life Coaches, etc

What is Unity? - About Unity

Anyway, if you want more, let me know I and I will find more for you. :)

keithnurse

I was involved in Unity off and on for about 13 years. It is a good religion. Unity teaches a doctrine called "pantheism" meaning that God is all that there really is. Prayer for them is not telling God "do this or please do that" but rather bringing you mind and heart into alignment with the will of god. Instead of praying "God please protect us on our journey" Unity people pray "The light of God surrounds us, the love of God enfolds us, the power of God protects us, the presence of God watches over us, whereever we are, God Is. Norman Vincent Peale, Robert Schuller and Oral Roberts were influenced to varying degrees by Unity. Unity is a church of positive thinking.