• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harriet Hageman defeats Liz Cheney in Wyoming primary

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This reply really has naught to do with my comments about AG Garland.

Regarding the head of the FBI, Mr. Wray. Trump haters trumpet (excuse the play on words) how he was appointed by President Trump as if that somehow inoculates Wray from any suspicion or taint of anti-Trump bias. It doesn’t. Mr. Wray shielded anti-Trump haters within the FBI long after it was apparent that those individuals were on personal vendettas against Trump. He has not, to this day, publicly renounced the long debunked Steele dossier nor the unwarranted FISA wire taps of Trump. It is certainly possible for a Republican to have personal animus and hatred for Trump. Note Liz Cheney and Kinzinger as examples. If Mr. Wray was ever to show even impartiality in dealing with Trump, President Biden and his goon squads would destroy him forthwith.
Oh my! You are full of claims that you cannot justify. Don't worry, we all know who the real crook is. Even you do. You just can't get yourself to admit it.

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh the irony just pours from you.

I've asked you several times what media sources you use and you never answered. Since you are accusing others of drinking Kool Aid can you tell us what media you consume?
I don’t see any post from you in this thread asking me for any media sources. Perhaps (ironically) you are confusing me with someone else.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don’t see any post from you in this thread asking me for any media sources. Perhaps (ironically) you are confusing me with someone else.
I asked in other discussions. And you avoided answering then as well. I suspect you don't want to reveal your media sources in a public forum with many smart and savvy critics.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do have to admit sometimes I feel sorry for Trump:

"It’s pretty tough when a citizen with an unblemished record must be hounded from his home by the very policemen whose salaries are paid, at least in part, from the victim’s pocket."

What? No reaction?

Oh, wait. I see. I made a mistake:

Sometimes I feel sorry for Al Capone. There, much better.

Shaul

Premium Member
I asked in other discussions. And you avoided answering then as well. I suspect you don't want to reveal your media sources in a public forum with many smart and savvy critics.
Wow. So you criticized me for not doing something you never asked me to do here and called it ironic.:rolleyes:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Obama bombed Syria. “Appeared to”. He didn’t. That’s the fact.
He also destroyed Libya, where horrific war crimes were committed (including genocidal massacres of black people by NATO-backed jihadists), and now they openly sale black people as slaves. The torture and murder of Gaddafi (who was an unarmed elderly man pleading for his life and as a head of state, he was supposed to be taken into custody as he had obviously surrendered) was also a war crime. Thanks, Obama and Hillary. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wow. So you criticized me for not doing something you never asked me to do here and called it ironic.:rolleyes:
He criticized you for what you have refused to do elsewhere. And here. Once he criticized you you could have told him what your news sources are. Instead you put on a false "I am offended" attitude. By not saying what your sources are once challenged you fulfilled his claim.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And now the same Merrick Garland signed the warrant request to search President Trump’s house. The house of his political opponent.
False. Garland is the top law enforcement officer of the USA and has explained he has been very lenient and patient with Trump in trying to get the documents that he illegally took with him to Mar-a-lago. This is Garland's job, politics has nothing to do with this. I suspect you are watching far right wing disinformation and it is influencing your beliefs in a bad way.

Even though Attorney Generals don’t usually do such things.
He represents the USA, and this is an action that involves a former presiedent. There has never been a case where a former president took documents illegally before, and then refused to return them to the USA.

And a man that is a likely candidate for President again. Now that is blatant hypocrisy and abuse of power.
Irrelevant. If Trump wants to run for President again he should be careful to obey the laws of the USA, He hasn't. That is on Trump, not law enforcement.

He didn’t need to sigh it and if it had been necessary he should have recused himself. The actions of this Attorney General and this Administration are a threat to our Republic, our Rule of Law and our nation. Those that excuse and carry water for them are the unethical ones.
Irrelevant. The authority is his to use and apply. Garland has done everything legally. Trump hasn't. Your focus is misdirected.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And now the same Merrick Garland signed the warrant request to search President Trump’s house. The house of his political opponent. Even though Attorney Generals don’t usually do such things. And a man that is a likely candidate for President again. Now that is blatant hypocrisy and abuse of power. He didn’t need to sigh it and if it had been necessary he should have recused himself. The actions of this Attorney General and this Administration are a threat to our Republic, our Rule of Law and our nation. Those that excuse and carry water for them are the unethical ones.
Um, the authority granting permission for the search was a federal judge, not the AG. The AG's department provided the affidavit with evidence showing "probable cause." Not a bar high enough for trial, but still a bar that must be overcome.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One thing you absolutely cannot say about the Jan 6th hearings is that they were boring.
Kept me awake -- I've watched every moment so far. (And long before we had internet, I did everything I could to catch every moment of the Watergate hearings, too. Riveting stuff, it was.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you believe that, then you don't believe in democracy. That was the meaning of Franklin's "if you can keep it" remark.
People are too complacent and subjugated by the government. They don't rock the boat too much because it will screw up their careers in an Abby Hoffman kind of way.

Remember People over thirty? Can't be trusted.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Meanwhile the Democrats encouraged civil unrest in cities across the nation.
Why do you post nonsense like the above? It is not they that is pushing such rancor and neo-fascism.

BTW, I am an independent and a former Republican if you remember correctly, so don't say that I somehow am defending the Dems at all costs.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm not sure by what metric stealing elections or supporting a coup attempt is much more of a problem than voting for a war where half a million people were killed. There is neither honor nor integrity in that; those who are complicit in war crimes and mass murder are far from honorable.

Do you not see these assertions as devaluing the lives of the Iraqis who were killed in the war?
I wonder why a few posters in this thread seem to be blaming Liz Cheney for the Iraq war. As I understand it, Congress had to grant Bush the authority to wage war, and forgive me if I'm incorrect, but I thought that took a majority of the House (then 435 voting members). Surely Liz couldn't have done it all on her own. So why does she alone earn your opprobrium?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One problem with ditching Cheney is that Hageman
will be serving Trump. This could be especially bad
in 2024. Do you see a risk of enabling Trump's return
to enhanced power?
If Cheney were to make an independent run in 2024, she could very well do the nation a huge favour by simply siphoning off just enough votes from Trump to prevent that horrifying eventuality.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And now the same Merrick Garland signed the warrant request to search President Trump’s house. The house of his political opponent. Even though Attorney Generals don’t usually do such things. And a man that is a likely candidate for President again. Now that is blatant hypocrisy and abuse of power. He didn’t need to sigh it and if it had been necessary he should have recused himself. The actions of this Attorney General and this Administration are a threat to our Republic, our Rule of Law and our nation. Those that excuse and carry water for them are the unethical ones.
The simple fact that either you don't know about because either you get "bored" or because you don't get news from multiple sources, and that is that Trump had no right whatsoever to remove classified documents and bring them to Mar-a-Logo, especially the ones marked "Top Secret: SCI", which can only be opened in a closed and secured setting in the White House's special rooms in the basement.

So, instead of being "bored", maybe force yourself to investigate and read carefully from multiple sources because this is what educators are supposed to do.