• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna...

krishnano

Haribol!

I just wanted to let you know that there is a Hare Krishna (Gaudiya Vaishnava) who hails from the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Now, I'm not a pure bhakta, nor am I ver learned from the Scriptures, but if there are any questions on the basis of Gaudiya Vaishnavism, 'Hare Krishna' and its sudden appearance in the West, I can help.

I mean, we all believe in the Vedas and in Sanaatana Dharma... although we understand 'Sanaatana Dharma' a little different as Gaudiyas. ^___^ Krishna Consciousness is not 'new' per se as some people have it, nor is ISKCON a 'cult' as others have heretofore claimed. However, I do understand that we appear most fundamentalist in belief system, but I just really ascribe that to the fact that we are Vaishnavites / Vaishnavas.

Srimati Radharani ki jaya! (Radhastami is coming soon!)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Krishnarao,
Thank you for your offer; rather would appreciate that you post whatever you wish to about Gaudiya Vaishnaism so that we can discuss aspects about which we see differently, do not know or need further clarification.
Kindly do start a new thread on the subject from the start.
Love & rgds

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Namaste, Hare Krishna and welcome. Why don't you introduce yourself in the New Members forum so others can meet you as well? :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Radhe, Radhe, and welcome. However, please note:

1. Rama or Krishna are not mentioned in the RigVeda.

2. RigVeda mentions myriads of Gods.

3. RigVeda also mentions 'Advaita'.

All these philosophies are also Vedic.

Last edited:
:eek:m:Hahahahhahaha........(estatic laughter) what do you mean my lordship krsna is not mention in the rig veda he is, but in criptic code it reqiures study and dhyana in order to fully understand its hidden message.:meditate:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hahahahhahaha........(estatic laughter). Krishna is none other than Brahman. There is nothing hidden about it. Hari Bol.

Surya Deva

Moses,

I think Aupmanyav does not believe that Krishna is mentioned in the Rig Veda because he believes the Vedas were composed in the Arctic, and the Aryans migrated from there to India and took on the Dravidian gods, and he believes Krishna to be a Dravidian god :D

He literally swears by Tilak's theories, while the rest of world just laugh at them.

Don't worry, Krishna is mentioned is the Rig Veda in the form of Vishnu. The words Krishna and Ram are also mentioned in the Vedas.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Moses,

I think Aupmanyav does not believe that Krishna is mentioned in the Rig Veda because he believes the Vedas were composed in the Arctic, and the Aryans migrated from there to India and took on the Dravidian gods, and he believes Krishna to be a Dravidian god :D

He literally swears by Tilak's theories, while the rest of world just laugh at them.

Don't worry, Krishna is mentioned is the Rig Veda in the form of Vishnu. The words Krishna and Ram are also mentioned in the Vedas.
Would you kindly give me the reference? Of course, Vishnu is a minor God in the Vedas. Kindly always remember what Lord Rama said in Valmiki's Ramayana:

Satyam eva ishvaro loke, Satyam dharmah sadashrita;
Satya moolani sarvani, Satyan nasti param padam.

(Truth only is the God in this world, in truth dharma finds good refuge;
All have their source in truth, there is no position higher than truth.)

I like the way you defend hinduism, but base your arguments on truth only, that would give you more strength, trying to decieve back-fires.

I believe there is some truth in Tilak's theory. The research in future would decide if Aryans were from Arctic regions or they were indigenous, which at the moment is not the final answer.

If Rama and Krishna are Dravidian Gods, and if Shiva and Durga too are Dravidian or Aboriginal, I have no problem with that. Aryans adopted the religion of this country, the indigenous people adopted things from the Vedas and Sanskrit. It was a fair give and take and both the people benefited. I rever the Gods of my people (though personally, I may be an atheist, and perhaps of partly Aryan descent, I am a kashmiri brahmin of Upamanyu gotra).

Lord Krishna is a Sakara representation of the Nirakara Brahman. And a Sakara representation helps many people. It is not in the capability of all people to understand 'Nirakara Dwiteeyo Nasti'. I have no problem with those who worship Lord Krishna.

.lava

Veteran Member
hi :) welcome to the forum. i have some questions. what does Hare Krishna mean? and who's the spiritual leader of your belief today on Earth? i mean, who's the highest master?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
hi :) welcome to the forum. i have some questions. what does Hare Krishna mean? and who's the spiritual leader of your belief today on Earth? i mean, who's the highest master?
Thanks, .lava, I am quite a regular here, sometimes I disappear for a few days. I am an atheist scientifically oriented 'advaitist' (one who believes in non-duality) hindu and do not subscribe to Hare-Krishna views except in reverence to Krishna as a character of hindu mythology. But I can answer your question.

Hare Krishna is a salutation to Lord Krishna, believers suppose him to be the eighth avatara of Lord Vishnu. Hare also derives from Hari, which is a name of Lord Vishnu. The meaning of Hari (takes away) is given as one who takes away sins. Krishna means one who attracts, pulls (like a magnet).

The worshipers of Lord Vishnu are known as Vaishnavas. The Hare-Krishna philosophy derives from that of Madhvacharya, who was a 'dvaitist' (dualist). It was modified by Chaitanya to say that one should not worry about whether one is separate or the same as the Godhead, but only worship him with love.

Hare-Krishna's do not have an sanctified leader today (the last leader, Sri la Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada did not choose the next acharya or teacher to succeed him).

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
I think the dedication of Srila Prabhupada needs to be noted in general, in spreading the philosophy and opening peoples eyes.He lived his life by the book, so I cannot see anyone more qualified, and his books , videos, cassettes are there for anyone to use.A lot of Youtube clips also.
It did annoy me that in the past some self apointed Guru took it upon themself to alter some of the words in the books.Imagine if this kept happening , in thousands of years it could be a completely different philosophy.(if someone is classing themself as "Hindu" but are not sure which type of hinduism to follow, search for Prabhupadas view on the term "Hindu")

Last edited:

Hare means the Energy of God, and refers to Mother Haraa, or Radharani. When we chant, Hare, we invoke the feminine personification of God, or the Supreme Goddess Radharani, to bring us to Krishna.

Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is a name of God, which means, "He who is All-Attractive." It also refers to one with a darkish complexion tinged with beauty. Krishna is considered to be the Supreme Lord who is the Father of all living entities, and by chanting or calling on His name with love and devotion, we believe that we can develop love for Him through that process.

We do have gurus that lead us to Krishna, and by respecting and giving obeisances to the spiritual master, learning from him and becoming his disciple, we can develop love of God. But of course, the Supreme Guru and Spiritual Master is ultimately Krishna Himself. :)

Namaste, Hare Krishna and welcome. Why don't you introduce yourself in the New Members forum so others can meet you as well? :)

Haribol, Hema.....here i wander into ( what appears to me to be) a "brand new" forum, and i find (of all delightful things) a bunch of nice people (such as yourself) whom i've already met! So nice to see you again!.....:)

ys,
bmd.

BMD, unlike other Hindus here, do venture out of the Hindu sub-forum :) Though the majority on the forum do not understand what religion is (basically, they think religion equals christianity), we need to knock it into them :)

BMD, unlike other Hindus here, do venture out of the Hindu sub-forum :) Though the majority on the forum do not understand what religion is (basically, they think religion equals christianity), we need to knock it into them :)

:)........(Thanks for the advice, and i'll try and make my offerings readily available to all).

ys,
bmd.

Thanks. Many Hindus who join never post in any other forums. It looks as if no Hindu's have computers :D Or are to scared to engage in debate, which i know i am not.

Hahahahhahaha........(estatic laughter). Krishna is none other than Brahman. There is nothing hidden about it. Hari Bol.

Why chant the name of Hari if you consider Him to be a mythological being? Are you not (by so doing) creating an inroad for some pretty significant cognitive dissonance in your own life?

Why is it that jnanis so easily tire of their dry philosophical efforts to assert their own (quantitative as well as qualitative) non-difference from impersonal Brahman, and take to devotional service of the Cowherd of Vrindavan?

ys,
bmd.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Why is it that jnanis so easily tire of their dry philosophical efforts to assert their own (quantitative as well as qualitative) non-difference from impersonal Brahman, and take to devotional service of the Cowherd of Vrindavan?
Better "retirement benefits", perhaps? :beach: