• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween special. Do you believe in ghosts?

crystalonyx

Do you believe in ghosts?

If so, is it because of a personal experience?

If you have been haunted by ghosts, weren't you scared by the experience?

For the record, I don't believe in ghosts. If I did, and believed my house was haunted, I think I would be scared to death, and would consider moving out. The idea of other entities inhabiting the same living space I do would not set well with me.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I believe in something like ghosts, but I don't believe they're disembodied souls. I believe that they're... psychic echoes, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: No, I've never been haunted.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I've experienced what people could call ghosts twice. I don't believe they are the spirits of the dead though.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do however believe in vampires, because I have several who have tried to bite my neck. One was particularly good looking and was very difficult to resist, the other just wasn't my type, Blood type that is, I was A Negative and he was O Positive. Just my luck.....:dracula:

:candy1::pumpkin: HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Yes I do believe in ghosts, because there are far too many stories to discount the happenings. I know of two ghosts in my house, but they keep to themselves and don't bother me at all. So basically, no, I've never been haunted.

Surya Deva

I have never seen a ghost myself, but I know of people who have. I believe ghosts are disemodied souls who have become earth-bound due to strong attachments.

Crystal, I don't mean to scare you by sharing this with you. People who have out of body experiences or have psychic vision have reported a very interesting fact: we have entities around us at all times. I remember reading the near death experience of somebody recently who was shocked to find that grotesque and demonic spirits actually feeding on us at all times. People who are depressed, think negatively have these entities around them at all times. They feed on the negative energy :sorry1:

Muhahaha

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
When I was a teen, I used to hear voices late at night. I could not understand them since they were in another language. I later found out that our house and the others around it used to be a burial ground.
So...
Were these voices the spirits of old Native Americans?
Were they a figment of my imagination?
Were they the house settling?

I don't know.
Happy Hallowe'en.

logician

I certainly don't believe in ghosts as being spirits of the deceased, or of those attached to the earth for some reason (how does this fit in with religion}? I think most of what we see on TV on ghosthunters and the like is mainly hype and suggestion, pretending to talk to the dead, and then recording some "light" or "sound" to try to make the association.

I'm a skeptic, of course, never have seen a ghost, or anything resembling paranormal phenomenon. Some people say they have, I have no way of verifying what they say is true.

gnostic

The Lost One
I have only see ghosts on TV, and read about them in one form of literature or others. But as far as personal experience are concern, then it would be no.

I would only believe in ghosts if I see them.

Renji

I used to see some of "them" when I was a child. My mother would sometimes bring me to the hospital for I'm sick but the doctors can't explain why I have a fever because my body is healthy and I take daily vitamins. They think that it has something to do of what I see. Now, I think my so called "third eye" is closed because I'm not seing "them" anymore. Now, I don't believe in good spirits other than angels and evil spirits other than demons. Happy Halloween!

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
What do you think they are, Halcyon?
I don't know. If I had to take a guess I would plumb for hallucinations.

I don't think they are dead people though because I don't believe there is anything of us that could survive death.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
My mom told me that this happened.

When I was 3 my family was visited by my grandfather who had passed away 3 days before. MY parents heard things moving around in the cupboards of our kitchen and in the morning my mom noticed everything put where my grandfather would have wanted it and I came out of my bedroom and told her that my grandfather had been in my room the night before.

Yes, I believe in ghosts.