• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween, celebrating Satan's birthday?

Starsoul

Truth
The christian god is certainly referred to as "father",
and "creator".
I think the islamic god is also at least referred to creator.
"Father", I'm not sure.

Any Father, All Creating god would ALSO be the father of Satan.
It's not rocket science.

Yeah it isn't when Leonardo da vinci isnt the 'Father' of all his paintings, Newton, the father of Physics, and a cook, father of his baked cake. Rocket science needs to influence the father son analogy someday.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For the record, it wasnt I implying that its satan's birthday, it could just be the author's theory, the point of putting it up was that i've heard this a lot before, so i assumed other came across this as well. So maybe it had a link to stan somewhere even if not the birth.
Who was Adam's and Eve's mother and father, if you believe they were the first people to be created?
Just because i make a clay pot with my hands, i don't become its father/ mother.
If Adam can be created, so can satan. But the difference is that satan was created first( but not as satan, just another being made out of fire as is said in our belief, he chose to be satan to currupt mankind ) given all advantages and keys of the heaven, he chose to throw it all away in jealousy to man, he had a choice. Why am i repeating this, oh well so that you can hurl it all back with insults to my face, thats all you must have to throw back anyway.
I see that you're very very sensitive about this. That my mirthful questions would insult you surprising. I don't want to offend....not that much anyway.
But you should understand that the OP is somewhat provocative, & strikes many westerners as a humorous challenge to Halloween. In part, this is
because some Christians also attack Halloween....something we find "backward". When someone from one religion challenges something from another,
one should expect to be challenged. So I urge you to cultivate more equanimity when you start such a fracas. It will all be more fun & interesting.

Yeah it isn't when Leonardo da vinci isnt the 'Father' of all his paintings, Newton, the father of Physics, and a cook, father of his baked cake. Rocket science needs to influence the father son analogy someday.
True...but we don't talk about the birthday of the Mona Lisa painting or the birthday of calculus.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.

Allah is not your Father?

I guess it's just a christian thing.

:shrug:

Starsoul

Truth

Allah is not your Father?

I guess it's just a christian thing.

:shrug:
No. My father is a human. Allah is the Creator , He can create multiple things and anything. Humans can give birth to only humans but can create many many things. So just like i cant called my baked cake my son or a cupcake my daughter, because these aren't the only things i'm capable of creating, a reference to them as my sons and daughters would limit/ wrongly specify my attributes resembling to either a cake or a cupcake, which i'm not.

I doubt the cupcake would be able to conceive such a comparison, but if it did, i'm sure its understanding wouldn't go beyond the limit of its contents.

logician

I don't know about this thread's veracity, but it is true that Christian churches in general are taking a dimmer view of Halloween, and downplaying its celebration.

Starsoul

Truth
Halloween is as much "satan's birthday"
as christmas is "jesus birthday".

*yawns*
so you're saying that people are just not bothered in your part of the world if an event has a real significance in their lives and all they are interested in is the package these events come with, or just another excuse for a party or a holiday...Like jesus's birthday isnt the correct celebrated one either and kids are fooled by the santa claus stories as long as they buy it...interesting.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The term ha-satan is of Judaic origin, it means the adversary or accuser. Early on in Judaism, the Essenes began referring to anyone not an Essene as ha-satan. Once the Christians got a hold of this Word it became personified and took on the duties as the scapegoat of Mankind.

There is literally nothing known about Druidism, everything is relatively new and fabricated from neo-pagan beliefs or by Abrahamic faiths.

blackout

Violet.
so you're saying that people are just not bothered in your part of the world if an event has a real significance in their lives and all they are interested in is the package these events come with, or just another excuse for a party or a holiday...Like jesus's birthday isnt the correct celebrated one either and kids are fooled by the sants claus stories as long as they buy it...interesting.

People give things THEIR OWN significance.

As many meanings and reasons exist for a thing,
as there are people to give them meanings and reasons...

Starsoul

Truth

There are no real tricks in modern trick or treating. You either get candy or you don't. Simple as that.
But the event signifies and celebrates that. Who knows one day the tricks get as real as gore to get as much candy as you want.:eek: jk.

But, understand, demons feed off of fear, not fun. If there's fun and no real fear, they have no real power.
Demons don't fear demons like themselves, how can it not give power/joy to them if all humanity is dressing up to be like them? you're actually playing right into their hands. Imitation is the best form of flattery.

God can't tell the difference between a party and a real Satanic ritual ?
He can, but lets say it would look a bit odd if you choose to sing, side, imitate and celebrate with the demons for a day when you know they are yours and your Lord's worst enemies.

I'd given the link in Op, my pc acting up a bit it didn't show up there, can post it later.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But the event signifies and celebrates that. Who knows one day the tricks get as real as gore to get as much candy as you want.:eek: jk.
Demons don't fear demons like themselves, how can it not give power/joy to them if all humanity is dressing up to be like them? you're actually playing right into their hands. Imitation is the best form of flattery.
He can, but lets say it would look a bit odd if you choose to sing, side, imitate and celebrate with the demons for a day when you know they are yours and your Lord's worst enemies.
I'd given the link in Op, my pc acting up a bit it didn't show up there, can post it later.
I'm guessing that you don't get invited to many Halloween parties.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nah, where i live, we get candies without having to go to crazy lengths to get some :p

I wouldn't go , been invited many times, Maybe i got better things to do.:grill:
To go to a Halloween party is one of my best things to do!
To each his own.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
so you're saying that people are just not bothered in your part of the world if an event has a real significance in their lives and all they are interested in is the package these events come with, or just another excuse for a party or a holiday...Like jesus's birthday isnt the correct celebrated one either and kids are fooled by the santa claus stories as long as they buy it...interesting.

How is any of that related to what she said? :confused:

MissAlice

Nah, where i live, we get candies without having to go to crazy lengths to get some :p

I wouldn't go , been invited many times, Maybe i got better things to do.:grill:

But Halloween's funner. You get to dress up all crazy and scare the bejeebus out of everyone. :witch:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
But the event signifies and celebrates that.

...no, it doesn't. As far as everyone is concerned nowadays, trick or treating means nothing more than free candy. THAT'S IT.

...I think we have different ideas as to what demons are, exactly.

From what I understand, the only thing that gives demons pleasure is our negative emotions. That is, they HATE positive ones. Halloween is full of positive, festive, joyous emotions.

They're literally full sadists. When we're not in pain, they derive no joy.

If anything else, I suspect they see it as mockery they can't do anything about.

Besides, we're not dressing up to be like them, because they have no real physical form to imitate. We're dressing up as fictional characters that WE, that is, HUMAN BEINGS, made up.

God has enemies? How, exactly, does that work?

logician

Satan and demons are more an outgrowth of mythology than religion, the latter using demonology as a stick to scare believers into joining the church.

brbubba

Underling
There is literally nothing known about Druidism, everything is relatively new and fabricated from neo-pagan beliefs or by Abrahamic faiths.

This idea that druids worshipped evil spirits and performed human sacrifice is pretty absurd and I've yet to see a shred of proof to support it. Many Christian ideologies persist in the belief that prior to Christianity societies were stone age, devil worshipping, backwater societies, which couldn't be anything further from the truth.