• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guess who's not worried about the rising sea...

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Okay...okay...I guess I was being too subtle. I was referring to the fear of climate change raising the sea levels and decimating mankind. Obviously the Obama's know that this is a total hoax or they wouldn't be dropping 11 mil into this monster. I'm sure they're even thinking about inviting Greta Thurnberg to their next clambake...you know, just for the comedy relief.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Okay...okay...I guess I was being too subtle. I was referring to the fear of climate change raising the sea levels and decimating mankind. Obviously the Obama's know that this is a total hoax or they wouldn't be dropping 11 mil into this monster. I'm sure they're even thinking about inviting Greta Thurnberg to their next clambake...you know, just for the comedy relief.

I mean, are they that worried about 11 million if they get some good years out of the property?

That's not to say I agree with the excesses if the rich, but it's not like the Obamas are so hard up on cash that spending 11 million on a decadent property for a decade or two is too risky.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think this is a very complete argument although you are onto something. A reporter should ask the president if he still believes that the water levels are rising and why he has purchased a house by the sea. That would be fair. It would very interesting, too.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I mean, are they that worried about 11 million if they get some good years out of the property?

That's not to say I agree with the excesses if the rich, but it's not like the Obamas are so hard up on cash that spending 11 million on a decadent property for a decade or two is too risky.

Did you even read your own post? Who, in their right mind, would spend any money on a property that will undeniably be under water within 12 years? Hmmm...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
This hurt my brain. I just can't...

upload_2019-12-7_9-20-50.png

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Did you even read your own post? Who, in their right mind, would spend any money on a property that will undeniably be under water within 12 years? Hmmm...

Trump wanted to buy Greenland.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
That is called a 'Window seat'. Its a reading area. This particular one is extra large and stocked with cushions. Usually they're more like a large window sill.

I've had houses with a window seat. This looks much more like a bed...perhaps the either Obamas or the previous owner have a large pet similar to...

250px-CatDog.jpeg

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

The Obamas are worth 40 million. 40 minus 11 equals 29. Plus, they have other mansions, as you previously stated. They are looking at (the closest location I could find):

Screenshot_20191207-100750_Chrome.jpg

So, I suppose the Obamas are looking at a possible 5.67 inch rise over the next 50 years.

Not sure how that will effect the property, but I am sure that may be worth the risk for the Obamas...?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The Obamas are worth 40 million. 40 minus 11 equals 29. Plus, they have other mansions, as you previously stated. They are looking at (the closest location I could find):

View attachment 35007

So, I suppose the Obamas are looking at a possible 5.67 inch rise over the next 50 years.

Not sure how that will effect the property, but I am sure that may be worth the risk for the Obamas...?

Sooo...are you saying that there is no climate change disaster in the foreseeable future (as indicated by the Obama's seaside purchase)?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Sooo...are you saying that there is no climate change disaster in the foreseeable future (as indicated by the Obama's seaside purchase)?

Nope. I am only saying the Obamas--wealthy folk they are--may be willing to gamble on a certain rise in sea levels on that specific property in their lifetime.

Martha's vineyard isn't the world, and 50 years isn't a long time. Other places may feel the impact more.

Sea Level Trends - NOAA Tides & Currents

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Nope. I am only saying the Obamas--wealthy folk they are--may be willing to gamble on a certain rise in sea levels on that specific property in their lifetime.

Martha's vineyard isn't the world, and 50 years isn't a long time. Other places may feel the impact more.

Sea Level Trends - NOAA Tides & Currents

Seriously? With the issue of GW/CC being conclusive? It was even one of Barry's campaign promise to drive back the rising ocean. Now you saying that even the Obama's are laughing up their well-heeled sleeves at the fools who listened to them. Hmmmm...

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Did Obamas Buy $15M Waterfront Mansion on Martha’s Vineyard?

Rating: Unproven.

As of Sept. 6, 2019, no sales report of the purchase had been logged with the Dukes County Registry of Deeds. We reached out to the Obama family press office to inquire about the status of the transaction but have not received a response. All major reporting on the topic, at this point, stems from TMZ’s “multiple island sources.” Both the realtors and representatives for Grousbeck have provided no statements to the news media.

--edit

Besides, checking the seller, it's not in escrow as far as I can tell. It's still listed. ???

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Seriously? With the issue of GW/CC being conclusive? It was even one of Barry's campaign promise to drive back the rising ocean. Now you saying that even the Obama's are laughing up their well-heeled sleeves at the fools who listened to them. Hmmmm...

...I get the sense that you are ignoring the points I am making and simply responding with dramatic hyperbole.

They're wealthy. Buying a wealthy property in ritzy Martha's vineyard is what wealthy folks do. That isn't going to change the data on climate change and its effects on sea level rise.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Someone who plans to sell it in 11 years to a climate change denier.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Another thing too, the biggest changes in sea levels will be closer to the equator and less closer to the poles. The reason is the spin of Earth and Moon's gravity. Perhaps the sea levels won't be as drastic at Martha's Vineyard. But that's just some of my own speculation.