• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guess who's not worried about the rising sea...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had houses with a window seat. This looks much more like a bed...perhaps the either Obamas or the previous owner have a large pet similar to...

250px-CatDog.jpeg
Maybe its an escape hatch?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ya know, just because caring people worry about global warming, we all don't have to go back and resume living in caves.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
We live 700 feet above the sea level, so I'm not worried about that. Wild fire is the real threat where I live.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Okay...okay...I guess I was being too subtle. I was referring to the fear of climate change raising the sea levels and decimating mankind. Obviously the Obama's know that this is a total hoax or they wouldn't be dropping 11 mil into this monster. I'm sure they're even thinking about inviting Greta Thurnberg to their next clambake...you know, just for the comedy relief.
Or they know that sea level rise will be so gradual that their kids will
be able to sell the house for big money in a reasonable time frame.
Why take any steps to mitigate GW if it doesn't affect one in one's lifetime?
That's someone else's problem. The important thing is to win elections.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ya know, just because caring people worry about global warming, we all don't have to go back and resume living in caves.
The choice faced by the Obamas.....
1) Live in a cave....eating raw grubs & leaves....wearing bark (no animal fur).
2) Live in a big mansion....drive big cars....fly in private planes.

Clearly, #2 is the only possible option.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Glad to see someone has their priorities in order...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That is so skeptical. Why not presume that he buys oceanfront in order that when the water rises he can use it to make his case even stronger? Anyways he's going to have flood insurance.

Has anybody checked to see if he has flood insurance? No? This is all just nonsense until someone asks him these questions and investigates.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is so skeptical.
Did you mean cynical?
Why not presume that he buys oceanfront in order that when the water rises he can use it to make his case even stronger? Anyways he's going to have flood insurance.

Has anybody checked to see if he has flood insurance? No? This is all just nonsense until someone asks him these questions and investigates.
As RF's cub reporter...our Jimmy Olsen, I hereby give you the job of investigating this story.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it isn't about the sea rising. It is about inviting special people to their new white house. Did anyone else notice that all the spaces are white?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Whenever I hear of a property going for sale I think, "do they consider the cost after the sale?"

Martha's Vinyard is an island. It might be that most of the island has that house on it. Even if I was rich the tax bill would hurt my feelings.