• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greenboy - New member

Do you have an interest in what happened before this life, The purpose of life, or the after life? These are the things that typically most 'journey' for.

Or maybe you are interested in sharing ideas that come up while living the crazy thing called life, like me and my most recent post on Are Humans Created Monogamous? A way to get feedback from different faiths on the Gross Parts written in the Bible and other religious texts.

These are all interesting topics that I have a very high interest in and have given much thought to lately and have all been a huge part of my journey

Welcome to the forum. You may term yourself as theists, since atheists and science believe the world as random.
"Science" does NOT believe the world is random in the slightest. And there is no such thing as "science believes" true science and scientists follow the data and admit just because they do not know something does not = random. If there are people that believe things are random, such as Atheists then, well, those are Atheists, not "science" nor scientists.

Jacob Samuelson

These are all interesting topics that I have a very high interest in and have given much thought to lately and have all been a huge part of my journey

That's great to hear,

For me, I had always thought there had to be a beginning of time. My birth was a result of a generation that came from another generation and so on, could this go on forever? I learned that planets are born, and planets die, so it is safe to assume that this planet didn't exist for ever, that it has a birthdate and an age. Well, if this is true was my greatest grandparent an amoeba or something and if so where did that thing come from before this planet? The questioning could last forever and ever and the paradox of time and existence began to come clearer that there was no real solution to this answer of existence let alone purpose no matter how hard I tried.

However, I found that God was a very useful concept as He surpassed the finite infinity of time. If this Being was immune to the mortal paradoxes of time, than it only made sense to save time from pondering the eternities and simply believe in Him. Like a mathematical formula He became my constant to define eternity The more I read the Bible and Quran and other testimonies of God, I attempted to decode the often encrypted messages that laid buried in their passages. If there were people who claimed that they saw God I read them all. The most relatable books and testimonies had connections. The Torah connected to the Christian Bible and New Testament. The Quran connected to the Abraham and Isaac in the Torah. Because of how connected these concepts were of God, I felt they were more reliable than any other books to discover Him.

I decided to discover these faiths but it didn't take long to feel the opposing gravity of division. There were lines drawn. If you considered the Hebrew God and Allah to be the same being, the Jews felt you were deceived. If you considered the Catholic Jesus to be the same Jesus as Protestant or Biblical Christians than you were deceived. If you believed in any other New testament prophet besides Jesus, the Muslims said you were deceived. I felt everyone was creating unnecessary boundaries in the ignorant attempt to say they were right and others were wrong.

I became unattracted in religion and church altogether, yet It was in this Forum that I engaged in a conversation with a long time patron and we were having a discussion on what True Church would look like. Basically describing a place where everyone that believed in God and in Jesus could be included regardless of which sect or religion they belong to. A place to build bridges rather than walls.

From there I recognized that such a Church already existed which I joined. From which, I was free to explore every doctrine of God and evaluate it together developing a connection rather than division to all religious ideologies. Even Science and Religion were no longer separate in my eyes. I have found a fulness like discovering a large desert oasis that could support any type of vegetation and fruit. Like the Garden of Eden. To me that is what church should be, an institution of continued learning without restriction or deprivation or boundaries.

Every know and again, this forum has been a way to gather ideas and connections to build a solid understanding of God, which I have found more and more fascinating and precious to me.

Let me know if you have had these same impressions or experiences because it is always nice to find like-minded people. Maybe you can share how your journey is looking like so far.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Believe it or not I actually ate goat cheese back in 2007 when I was traveling for work and was in Azerbaijan. I wasn't that bad, not something I have eaten since.
There is plenty of goat cheese in less exotic places. Valençay is excellent. I've been told to get some tomorrow by my son, who is just back home to London from his first term at university in Scotland. He's had enough of orange "cheddar".:D

What work was it that took you to Azerbaijan? I've never been but it sounds a rather interesting place.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Hi everyone

Long time listener (reader), first time caller (post). Just wanted to say hi to all.

Quick intro: I am open to listening and learning form people that are truly genuine and knowledgeable on certain topics. I personally do not care for opinions when people are trying to make a point/argue/debate, either bring objective evidence or we can each walk our separate paths. I am currently on a "journey", just not sure a journey of what. I would not describe myself as an Atheist nor a Theist however, I believe none of this world is random.

Looking forward to respectful conversations with RF members.

Please feel free to ask me anything you want.
Hi everyone

Long time listener (reader), first time caller (post). Just wanted to say hi to all.

Quick intro: I am open to listening and learning form people that are truly genuine and knowledgeable on certain topics. I personally do not care for opinions when people are trying to make a point/argue/debate, either bring objective evidence or we can each walk our separate paths. I am currently on a "journey", just not sure a journey of what. I would not describe myself as an Atheist nor a Theist however, I believe none of this world is random.

Looking forward to respectful conversations with RF members.

Please feel free to ask me anything you want.
Welcome.... These 'ReligiousForums' were a very needed relief from much more 'aggressive' discussion web sites I've survived...... I expect you will enjoy our fellow members.