• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greenboy - New member

Hi everyone

Long time listener (reader), first time caller (post). Just wanted to say hi to all.

Quick intro: I am open to listening and learning form people that are truly genuine and knowledgeable on certain topics. I personally do not care for opinions when people are trying to make a point/argue/debate, either bring objective evidence or we can each walk our separate paths. I am currently on a "journey", just not sure a journey of what. I would not describe myself as an Atheist nor a Theist however, I believe none of this world is random.

Looking forward to respectful conversations with RF members.

Please feel free to ask me anything you want.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi there, welcome to RF. Please sit back, relax and enjoy the cake.

3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

I sm sure the staff canteen will open up as soon as @Revoltingest gets himself into gear...

setarcos

The hopeful or the hopeless?
Welcome. I'm fairly knew here as well but from what I've gathered on here so far....there's a lot of chaff to filter through before you get anywhere. So try not to get lost in the woods.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi everyone

Long time listener (reader), first time caller (post). Just wanted to say hi to all.

Quick intro: I am open to listening and learning form people that are truly genuine and knowledgeable on certain topics. I personally do not care for opinions when people are trying to make a point/argue/debate, either bring objective evidence or we can each walk our separate paths. I am currently on a "journey", just not sure a journey of what. I would not describe myself as an Atheist nor a Theist however, I believe none of this world is random.

Are people of average intelligence common or uncommon?

Is it ethical for restaurants to serve condiments in tiny plastic packets?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hi everyone

Hi there. I too am not big on arguing or debating but I'm sure everyone wants to "make a point" every now and then, at least?
"Objective evidence" is a phrase scientists have found to be in 27,8% of RF posts.
Enjoy the cakey sugar rush. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
either bring objective evidence or we can each walk our separate paths. I am currently on a "journey", just not sure a journey of what. I would not describe myself as an Atheist nor a Theist however, I believe none of this world is random.
Two questions:
1. What do you mean by objective evidence and what do you want objective evidence of?
2. What do you mean by none of this world is random? Do you mean everything happens for a reason?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hi everyone

So good to have you! And welcome!!

Hi there. I too am not big on arguing or debating but I'm sure everyone wants to "make a point" every now and then, at least?
"Objective evidence" is a phrase scientists have found to be in 27,8% of RF posts.
Enjoy the cakey sugar rush. :D

Of course, if you are making a point based off your personal experiences and opinions, that is perfectly fine. What I was trying to say is don't use that as the basis for your "facts" . That's all.

Two questions:
1. What do you mean by objective evidence and what do you want objective evidence of?
2. What do you mean by none of this world is random? Do you mean everything happens for a reason?

1) Objective Evidence = I am 6 feet tall. It is objective because it can be proven, measured and tested against someone that is not 6 feet. This is just a summarized example

2) Yes, I mean everything happens for a reason. What is that reason? Well, depends on the event. If someone accidently walks into a screen door, there are many reasons for its, was not just a random act. Does that make sense? Of course there are things that are far more complex than that example that I do not know why or how they happened but, that does not mean they were random. I hope that answers your question