• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greenboy - New member

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Believe it or not I actually ate goat cheese back in 2007 when I was traveling for work and was in Azerbaijan. I wasn't that bad, not something I have eaten since.

Well, this brings up more questions...

What do you do for work, and how was Azerbaijan?

Well, this brings up more questions...

What do you do for work, and how was Azerbaijan?
As someone who is from Atlanta, GA I found Azerbaijan very cold for me (I went in Dec) but, the country and the women were beautiful. I work as a Supply Chain director so I was in Azerbaijan inspecting one of the machines we sold and how it held up after years in the field. It was part of my job as I had to decide whether to change manufactures based off my visit and the state of the equipment.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
As someone who is from Atlanta, GA I found Azerbaijan very cold for me (I went in Dec) but, the country and the women were beautiful. I work as a Supply Chain director so I was in Azerbaijan inspecting one of the machines we sold and how it held up after years in the field. It was part of my job as I had to decide whether to change manufactures based off my visit and the state of the equipment.

That sounds pretty cool, actually.

My husband used to live in Albany, GA. He liked Iowa winters for the first few years(snowmen are fun!) but hates them now(as do most native Iowans).

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
@greenboy21x Welcome to RF

Hi there, welcome to RF. Please sit back, relax and enjoy the cake.

View attachment 58280

I sm sure the staff canteen will open up as soon as @Revoltingest gets himself into gear...

Wait..THERE'S CAKE!!!!!!

500ba02217d2f2f6dec7ea516f8651cc.jpg

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
1) Objective Evidence = I am 6 feet tall. It is objective because it can be proven, measured and tested against someone that is not 6 feet. This is just a summarized example
Okay, so what do you want objective evidence of?
2) Yes, I mean everything happens for a reason. What is that reason? Well, depends on the event. If someone accidently walks into a screen door, there are many reasons for its, was not just a random act. Does that make sense? Of course there are things that are far more complex than that example that I do not know why or how they happened but, that does not mean they were random. I hope that answers your question
So I guess you mean that everything has a cause. I believe that our choices and the ensuing actions are the cause of some things that happen, but not everything, as I believe that some things that happen are explained by fate and predestination, and tat involves God.
Obviously this is a big subject.

Okay, so what do you want objective evidence of?

Well, nothing in particular at the moment. It's all context based.

So I guess you mean that everything has a cause. I believe that our choices and the ensuing actions are the cause of some things that happen, but not everything, as I believe that some things that happen are explained by fate and predestination, and tat involves God.
Obviously this is a big subject.

I have absolutely no problem with that. Whether its "fate and predestination" which has been predetermined (or not) by God then, that is the reason therefore, it is not random. While I do not claim to understand that entire process in detail it does not mean I will call it random. That is all I was trying to say.

And yes, it is a big subject that I will gladly talk to you about in the appropriate thread.

Thank you

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And yes, it is a big subject that I will gladly talk to you about in the appropriate thread.
I don't know of any threads that are presently going on this topic, but you could start a thread on it if you want to.
I would be happy to discuss free will and fate/predestination with you because that is one of my favorite subjects.

Jacob Samuelson

Welcome @greenboy21x!

I'm on and off this forum, but I appreciate your sincerity and humility to open up.

It is often pressuring to come into a store not knowing what to buy. Especially when you have every employee looking at your pockets for their next commission check.

Haha I over exaggerate, This forum is nothing like that. I think it more like a museum of religious thought. I don't expect anyone to walk in my exhibition and ask to bring something home with them, but I would love to have them interested in the culture and history enough to drop by every now and again to learn more about mine and other faiths.

Do you have an interest in what happened before this life, The purpose of life, or the after life? These are the things that typically most 'journey' for.

Or maybe you are interested in sharing ideas that come up while living the crazy thing called life, like me and my most recent post on Are Humans Created Monogamous? A way to get feedback from different faiths on the Gross Parts written in the Bible and other religious texts.

I hope if you find what your looking for eventually, and to let me know how it went. :)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Hi everyone

Long time listener (reader), first time caller (post). Just wanted to say hi to all.

Quick intro: I am open to listening and learning form people that are truly genuine and knowledgeable on certain topics. I personally do not care for opinions when people are trying to make a point/argue/debate, either bring objective evidence or we can each walk our separate paths. I am currently on a "journey", just not sure a journey of what. I would not describe myself as an Atheist nor a Theist however, I believe none of this world is random.

Looking forward to respectful conversations with RF members.

Please feel free to ask me anything you want.

Hello greenboy21x, and welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here.

☮ and ❤
Sgt. Pepper

iu