• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Creation, and Some Misconceptions

there is only one CREATION ACCOUNT.

101G.
There is no evidence that a god created anything. Quote the Bible all you want but none of it proves there was a god.

Btw. Who was present on the day he made man etc, to record it? Keep in mind it was written about 60 years after he was crucified. Anyone who did witness it firstly would not have been created them and would be dead in that time.

101G

Now that we have some science interested posters, question, "What was on the other side of the BIG BANG?" meaning what cause the big bang, even if it's a big bang at all.

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now that we have some science interested posters, question, "What was on the other side of the BIG BANG?" meaning what cause the big bang, even if it's a big bang at all.

101G.
We do not know. We may never know, we may discover what caused the Big Bang or even why it needed no cause. But right now we can only say when it happened.

101G

@Subduction Zone,
here's a tooth fairy for you. if there was a big bang, at some point in time or no time, in infinite space. then is there matter on the opposite side from us that is speeding away from the central point of the big bang?. if so then the big bang has a chance of survival.

but if we some day can detect this, and there is no opposite effect of matter speeding away in the opposite direction. then the BB is dead on arrival.

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Subduction Zone,
here's a tooth fairy for you. if there was a big bang, at some point in time or no time, in infinite space. then is there matter on the opposite side from us that is speeding away from the central point of the big bang?. if so then the big bang has a chance of survival.

but if we some day can detect this, and there is no opposite effect of matter speeding away in the opposite direction. then the BB is dead on arrival.

101G.
You made several errors. First space may or may not be infinite. But the Big Bang was not a "bang". It was not an explosion into infinite space. Space itself expanded. Your understanding of the sciences is very very limited which means that the odds are huge that any of your science claims are going to be wrong.

You never dealt with your obvious problem in reasoning. All that you could do was to show that you cannot reason when it comes to the sciences either. You tried to dodge your burden of proof that God exists. By your own standards the Tooth Fairy exists as well as every other mythical being invented by man. Your "logic" makes the likelihood of a God existing appear to be zero. You might want to rethink your argument.

I was not arguing against God. I was only showing how flawed that your own reasoning was. And then you made it worse by demonstrating that you understand far less than I accused you of.

101G

You made several errors. First space may or may not be infinite. But the Big Bang was not a "bang". It was not an explosion into infinite space. Space itself expanded. Your understanding of the sciences is very very limited which means that the odds are huge that any of your science claims are going to be wrong.
another ERROR on your part. if the so-called explosion into space expanded space, then you're really into a fairy tail. because my next question to U is, what was on the other side of space, (if not infinite), in order for it to expand if it's not infinite?

101G.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
another ERROR on your part. if the so-called explosion into space expanded space, then you're really into a fairy tail. because my next question to U is, what was on the other side of space, (if not infinite), in order for it to expand if it's not infinite?

101G.

Well, I have no problem with the idea of GOD. The problem starts if you claim that you know the correct version and all other are wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

101G.
LOL! No one is claiming an "explosion into space". Do you know what a strawman argument is? it is when you try to misrepresent the ideas that one is arguing against. That is what you just did.

Once again, the Big Bang was not an explosion. It was an expansion of space. You can think of it as space being made. It occurs everywhere at the same time. It is still going on. But at our scale the expansion is so small that it cannot be observed. But on an intergalactic, not just an interstellar one, it can be observed and measured.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, I have no problem with the idea of GOD. The problem starts if you claim that you know the correct version and all other are wrong.
I do not deny the existence of a God. I cannot see the need for one. If someone shows that a God is needed or even better that there is evidence for a God then I will change my mind, but until then a lack of belief seems to be more than reasonable. The problem with saying definitively that there is a God or that there is not a God is that it puts a burden of proof upon a person that they never seem to be able to provide. Now I am willing to say that certain versions of God can be refuted. But refuting one version is clearly not refuting all. So though creationists may try to claim "you are trying to refute God", they are wrong. Refuting their particular version of "God" is not refuting God. It is merely showing that one version at least is wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
did you not say this?
so my next question to you is this, “If space is infinite how can it expand?”

101G
No, I was quoting you. You used the phrase "infinite space", I was merely using the same words in the hope that you would understand. Perhaps I should have used scare quotes.

I never claimed that space was infinite.