• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Creation, and Some Misconceptions

101G

I believe everything Was created all At once in the blink of an eye
(smile), Oh how true, it was just the Making of things that God took his time in. as for the SUN, was created in the beginning, as was everything, only on DAY 4 was it "MADE" to shine.

good eyesight there Moon.

101G.

King Phenomenon

(smile), Oh how true, it was just the Making of things that God took his time in. as for the SUN, was created in the beginning, as was everything, only on DAY 4 was it "MADE" to shine.

good eyesight there Moon.

101G.
I do not believe it took days

101G

I do not believe it took days
not what we call "Solar" day, for as said the sun shine not till Creation Day four. in order to get a "Solar"/24hr day, A. sun shining, and B. Earth Rotating. and the sun did not shine until God Day, or Creation Day 4.

101G.

joelr

did 101G say that? ....... (smile). 101G can careless what Islam say, Hindu , Baptist, JW, or any of the others out there say. only what God say.
And like Islam, Hindu or any of the others you also have not demonstrated your claims are any more real than theirs. You all make the same claims, people who care about truth need additional factors to demonstrate their argument is stronger.

You have not done that nor do you seem to even understand the concept. Which helps me realize how people can believe things that are not likely true.

if you call on the NAME of the Lord, who is Jesus, you shall be saved..... is that Majic? ...... (smile).... LOL, LOL, LOL, :rolleyes: YIKES!
Salvation is a Hellenistic magic, yes.
Far before Christianity Hellenism was sweeping through religions in that region. Judaism became Hellenized when the Greeks invaded in

332 - 110 B.C.
As explained in the Britannica entry on Hellenism, all of the salvation concepts came from Greek religions. Personal salvation, savior deities under a supreme God and so on:

Changes that religions began taking from Hellenistic religions (this describes Judaism to Christianity exactly) - how many times is salvation mentioned.

-the seasonal drama was homologized to a soteriology (salvation concept) concerning the destiny, fortune, and salvation of the individual after death.

-his led to a change from concern for a religion of national prosperity to one for individual salvation, from focus on a particular ethnic group to concern for every human. The prophet or saviour replaced the priest and king as the chief religious figure.

-his process was carried further through the identification of the experiences of the soul that was to be saved with the vicissitudes of a divine but fallen soul, which had to be redeemed by cultic activity and divine intervention. This view is illustrated in the concept of the paradoxical figure of the saved saviour, salvator salvandus.

-Other deities, who had previously been associated with national destiny (e.g., Zeus, Yahweh, and Isis), were raised to the status of transcendent, supreme

-The temples and cult institutions of the various Hellenistic religions were repositories of the knowledge and techniques necessary for salvation and were the agents of the public worship of a particular deity. In addition, they served an important sociological role. In the new, cosmopolitan ideology that followed Alexander’s conquests, the old nationalistic and ethnic boundaries had broken down and the problem of religious and social identity had become acute.

-Most of these groups had regular meetings for a communal meal that served the dual role of sacramental participation (referring to the use of material elements believed to convey spiritual benefits among the members and with their deity)

-Hellenistic philosophy (Stoicism, Cynicism, Neo-Aristotelianism, Neo-Pythagoreanism, and Neoplatonism) provided key formulations for Jewish, Christian, and Muslim philosophy, theology, and mysticism through the 18th century

- The basic forms of worship of both the Jewish and Christian communities were heavily influenced in their formative period by Hellenistic practices, and this remains fundamentally unchanged to the present time. Finally, the central religious literature of both traditions—the Jewish Talmud (an authoritative compendium of law, lore, and interpretation), the New Testament, and the later patristic literature of the early Church Fathers—are characteristic Hellenistic documents both in form and content.

-Other traditions even more radically reinterpreted the ancient figures. The cosmic or seasonal drama was interiorized to refer to the divine soul within man that must be liberated.

-Each persisted in its native land with little perceptible change save for its becoming linked to nationalistic or messianic movements (centring on a deliverer figure)

-and apocalyptic traditions (referring to a belief in the dramatic intervention of a god in human and natural events)

- Particularly noticeable was the success of a variety of prophets, magicians, and healers—e.g., John the Baptist, Jesus, Simon Magus, Apollonius of Tyana, Alexander the Paphlagonian, and the cult of the healer Asclepius—whose preaching corresponded to the activities of various Greek and Roman philosophic missionaries

see above.
There is nothing above except incorrect statements, no arguments or evidence.
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh Dear.... no.
Yes the sun was born in the Solar Nebula, if you have evidence please present it. So far not only can you not defend your religious beliefs at all you can't even argue known science that would take you 1 minute to google.
with you it's the opposite of Faith, you have your evidence. but U don't even understand it.
see above, above.....
If you mean a book of obvious mythology then you don't understand what evidence is. Which makes sense. No, I will not "see above". If you cannot explain yourself it's a point conceded for me.

Creepy inappropriate smiles don't help arguments either.

where in the galaxy ?
It's the Solar Nebula, you can look it up.
your opinion again?
Non-answer of a question is a dodge, another win for me.
question, well two then, while you are on the EARTH, are you at rest while the Earth moves inertially on it's axis while moving around the sun?
In your reference frame you can say you are at rest. Another reference frame can say you are on Earth which is moving, another can say the solar system is moving, another can say the galaxy is moving towards the Andromeda galaxy at tremendous speeds.

next question. if you was "NOT" on Earth and in space above it in a rocket ship, motionless. and suddenly you ignite your craft engine and produce a forward motion. is the craft coming forward to meet you in a certain time and place in Space, or is it you, (stationary) meeting the craft, (it's force ) is in motion in a certain time and place in space. which one is in motion?
Each observer can consider themselves at rest and the other person to have moved. At the end of the journey you can calculate who had acceleration and who did not. Acceleration is not relative. But until then you cannot show who is moving and who is at rest.

maybe, but Jesus is a TRANLITERATION of YESHUA..... (smile) .... YIKES! View attachment 75274
Greek - Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous) was transliterated to Latin IESVS, then that translation to English is Jesus. In Aramaic it's Joshua.
Yahweh, as well as Jehovah are made up name by man.

ERROR Jesus was YESHUA in the OT under "MY SALVATION"..... Lol, lol, lol, .... Oh Dear.

ERROR,. ERROR, or danger will Robinson,,,, (smile). Joshua is not the Yeshua/Jesus, nor "OR" either...... there is only one true SAVIOUR of men from their sins. ....... and that's "JESUS".

101G.
Oh boy, you don't even know that "Jesus" is only a modern translation and that name was not used in the actual Biblical/Gospel days? His name was Joshua. Wait, did you think people used the name Jesus back in 30 A.D.? You know they didn't speak English right?

In Aramaic his name was not Jesus. It was Joshua. The original NT was in Greek and you get ēsous. Later the Latin made it IESVS and than into English you get Jesus. Even if there was this teacher running around or even the deity version in the myth, either way he was NEVER called Jesus. That is only an English translation. If you went back in time and he was real his name would be Joshua with a thick accent, another spelling was Yeshua.

" The English name Jesus, from Greek Iesous, is a rendering of Joshua (Hebrew Yehoshua, later Yeshua), and was not uncommon in Judea at the time of the birth of Jesus.[42] Yeshua/Yehoshua means "Yahweh is lordly", but popular etymology linked it to the verb meaning "save" and the noun "salvation",[42] and the Gospel of Matthew tells of an angel that appeared to Joseph instructing him "to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins".[43]"

Again, the character in the Gospels who is Yahweh's savior and is going to "save" or provide "salvation", has a name which means either "Yahweh is lordly", Save" or "salvation".........yeah that a bit of a coincidence. Almost like the writers made up a character who would be this savior and literally call him "savior".

101G

And like Islam, Hindu or any of the others you also have not demonstrated your claims are any more real than theirs. You all make the same claims, people who care about truth need additional factors to demonstrate their argument is stronger.
are you def? again are you breathing? can you stop yourself from dying? only God hold these powers.
You have not done that nor do you seem to even understand the concept. Which helps me realize how people can believe things that are not likely true.
see above... (smile).
Salvation is a Hellenistic magic, yes.
another opinion, trash can, but let's send it and all the rest to mars. .:rocket:

101G.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There are many misconceptions from man about what was created/Made, When and where, or how many.
let's discuss from the bible these misconceptions.

#1. Man was formed on day 3, before any animals, and was made male and female on day 6.

#2. Adam and Eve had Children.in the Garden of Eden before they had Cain and Able outside the Garden.

#3. There were no pre-Adamic Race.

from these three Truths, all other questions are answered, as to A. Where did Cain get his wife from? B. Who are the son of God in Genesis chapter 6, (and they are not angels) C. Why is Cain not mention in Adam genealogy, since he was supposing to be Adam firstborn ...... son? as well as why Abel is not in Adam genealogy?

by understanding the TRUTH of these three misconceptions above, a correct and truthful understanding of God's creation can be accomplish and held in "Faith" by true believers.

101G

Like all the ancient tribal religions and their scriptures this reflects the ancient mythology of the time and culture they were compiled, edited and redacted. There never has been found any original texts with provenance as to the time they were claimed to have been written.

101G

Like all the ancient tribal religions and their scriptures this reflects the ancient mythology of the time and culture they were compiled, edited and redacted. There never has been found any original texts with provenance as to the time they were claimed to have been written.
Psalms 12:6 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."
that's why one needs the Holy Spirit for guidance.

101G.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"God's Creation, and Some Misconceptions"

One must be talking about the Pauline-Christianity people's misconceptions about Creation please, right ?

Regards

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Psalms 12:6 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."
that's why one needs the Holy Spirit for guidance.

101G.
That is a very pretty claim. But to support it you need more than just a book of myths.

101G

One must be talking about the Pauline-Christianity people's misconceptions about Creation please, right ?

Regards
no, all people misconceptions, and ERRORS. example, the sons of God in Genesis 6:2 WHO are they?

101G

101G

That is a very pretty claim. But to support it you need more than just a book of myths.
as the apostle Paul said via the Holy Spirit...... I believe I have the Holy Spirit also..... (Smile), yes, I have the CREATOR of all things.

so with his word, and he himself ...... that's enough..... (smile) .... :p Yikes! lol, lol, lol, I just Love this.

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
as the apostle Paul said via the Holy Spirit...... I believe I have the Holy Spirit also..... (Smile), yes, I have the CREATOR of all things.

so with his word, and he himself ...... that's enough..... (smile) .... :p Yikes! lol, lol, lol, I just Love this.

101G.
Oh cool! I believe that I have the Holy Spirit too. Oh, and it tells me that Paul is full of ballocks. Now what? It looks as if your argument has been refuted.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

no, all people misconceptions, and ERRORS. example, the sons of God in Genesis 6:2 WHO are they?
It is one's misconception that all people believe in Genesis 6:2, please, right?

Regards