• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Creation, and Some Misconceptions

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm going to put this in the simplest way possible for any Layman to understand.
an IMAGE ..... formed in LIGHT.

101G.
Then what makes you think that our universe is a hologram? And what is this feigned superiority? You have not demonstrated any understanding of the sciences at all.

101G

Then what makes you think that our universe is a hologram? And what is this feigned superiority? You have not demonstrated any understanding of the sciences at all.
Last time, FOR GOD IS "LIGHT" AND ALL THINGS, INCLUDING US, ARE IN HIM. Acts 17:27 "That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:" Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." Acts 17:29 "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device."

101G.

101G

to all my scientific brothers and sisters out there. understand something...... let's just make it simple for you. when the bible use the term "spirit", it is just a synonym, or another word for quantum, or the indivisible world.

101G.

101G

@Subduction Zone
tell me what you think about this. INFORMATION, INFORMATION, INFORMATION. as we discuss in the topic, "God, the Bible and his Word" the Genesis Account, the Garden of Eden". it is the exchange of INFORMATION that this universe exist. just as we're now discovering that Black Holds INFORMATION at its surfaces, holds known objects INFORMATION. I always wondered why there was Blacks Holes at the center of most if not all Galaxies. Light is the medium of INFORMATION. and if these Black Holes holds INFORMATION .... say for instance on all the known objects within the Galaxies they centers, and a copy..... "IMAGE" of all objects within that galaxy in storage, what you think about that INFORMATION that could be transmitted back and forth between Galaxies.

let me know what you think

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Last time, FOR GOD IS "LIGHT" AND ALL THINGS, INCLUDING US, ARE IN HIM. Acts 17:27 "That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:" Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." Acts 17:29 "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device."

101G.
A book of myths is not evidence. Mistranslating it is even worse. Why not be honest and admit that you have nothing?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@Subduction Zone
tell me what you think about this. INFORMATION, INFORMATION, INFORMATION. as we discuss in the topic, "God, the Bible and his Word" the Genesis Account, the Garden of Eden". it is the exchange of INFORMATION that this universe exist. just as we're now discovering that Black Holds INFORMATION at its surfaces, holds known objects INFORMATION. I always wondered why there was Blacks Holes at the center of most if not all Galaxies. Light is the medium of INFORMATION. and if these Black Holes holds INFORMATION .... say for instance on all the known objects within the Galaxies they centers, and a copy..... "IMAGE" of all objects within that galaxy in storage, what you think about that INFORMATION that could be transmitted back and forth between Galaxies.

let me know what you think

101G.
Mmm, . . . word salad. Please pass the blue cheese dressing.

joelr

I'm going to put this in the simplest way possible for any Layman to understand.
an IMAGE ..... formed in LIGHT.

101G.
Nope, light didn't even propagate until 300,000 years after the big bang. The Mesopotamian creation myth in Genesis is not related to reality except as a bronze age guess about creation.

joelr

" If conditions are right energy can be turned into mass.?"
is it not the photon that is released that cause the energy? and this conversion or release is an electromagnetic force? that produces a electromagnetic ... "FIELD?" yes or no

now my last question, these photons that are released, are they not converted into electrical signals that our brains interpret as "OBJECTS"/mass.

so then, what we call matter is only electrical impulses interpreted by our brains. for we see actually with our brains and not our eyes, correct.

now what our brains interprets is the photons that enter the EYE and is converted to electrical impulses, , and the brain just makes an electrical copy of the so-called object/mass. what we see is not the actual so-called matter, or object itself, but a electrical copy of the Object/mass, and NEVER encounter the object/mass directly itself. is this correct?

so all that we see, taste, hear, smell , and touch are all electrical impulses/signals that our brain interprets as objects/mass, is this correct?

101G.
No. Photons are just a carrier particle of EM. They contain energy, they are NOT energy.
Our reality is created in our brain yes. There are really just quantum fields, energy, spacetime, none of it is a creation. Not from a consciousness. From unconscious forces. Our reality is governed by probabilities, no conscious being, just nature. Something we don't fully understand yet. But as to it being conscious, no evidence.
Gods in folklore like Zeus and Yahweh, total fiction. Mis-quoting quantum mechanics or classical electrodynamics will not help either. Nor will quoting correct science.

101G

Our reality is created in our brain yes. There are really just quantum fields, energy, spacetime, none of it is a creation. Not from a consciousness. From unconscious forces. Our reality is governed by probabilities, no conscious being, just nature. Something we don't fully understand yet. But as to it being conscious, no evidence.
there you just failed to get out fantasy land. you admitted that our, or what we call reality, is created in our brain. CORRECT a PERCEPTION. and yes, a "CREATION". and you still don't get it. again a CREATION. what did Genesis 1:1 say, Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Understand, a creation has a CREATOR, ........ hello, that give you the PERCEPTION of reality. Oh this is too easy not to understand.

101G.

PS. you're living in a CREATED world of PERCEPTION ....... my, my, my, and they still don't understand it. ...... :eek: YIKES!

101G

Mmm, . . . word salad. Please pass the blue cheese dressing.
ok, Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

question, "is it possible to know the future, as well as the past in the present?" .... answer YES,,,,,,,,,, LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh this is too easy.

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ok, Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"

question, "is it possible to know the future, as well as the past in the present?" .... answer YES,,,,,,,,,, LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh this is too easy.

101G.
No, you failed. If you want to quote from the Bible the burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate that it is reliable. Since it continually fails at science, at history, in its prophecies and with its poor morals I do not foresee that happening any time soon.

joelr

there you just failed to get out fantasy land. you admitted that our, or what we call reality, is created in our brain. CORRECT a PERCEPTION. and yes, a "CREATION".
It's a perception of things that exist. Our model of reality is just a model created by our senses. But the spacetime, fields and particles are still out there. We are perceiving and creating an interpretation of what we percieve.

and you still don't get it. again a CREATION. what did Genesis 1:1 say, Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Understand, a creation has a CREATOR, ........ hello, that give you the PERCEPTION of reality. Oh this is too easy not to understand.

101G.

Yes, a fictional story says heaven and earth had a creator. It isn't true. The Hindu creation story says Brahma created the world, also not actually true.
There are thousands of other creation stories. Many of them from Mesopotamia are the creation and flood stories that Genesis was doing a re-write of.
Here are some college textbooks on the subject:

These are all peer-reviewed PhD textbooks/monographs,

John Collins, Introduction to the Hebrew Bible 3rd ed.
“Biblical creation stories draw motifs from Mesopotamia, Much of the language and imagery of the Bible was culture specific and deeply embedded in the traditions of the Near East.
2nd ed. The Old Testament, Davies and Rogerson
“We know from the history of the composition of Gilamesh that ancient writers did adapt and re-use older stories……
It is safer to content ourselves with comparing the motifs and themes of Genesis with those of other ancient Near East texts.
In this way we acknowledge our belief that the biblical writers adapted existing stories, while we confess our ignorance about the form and content of the actual stories that the Biblical writers used.”
The Old Testament, A Historical and Literary Introduction to the Hebrew Scriptures, M. Coogan
“Genesis employs and alludes to mythical concepts and phrasing, but at the same time it also adapts transforms and rejected them”
God in Translation, Smith
“…the Bibles authors fashioned whatever they may have inherited of the Mesopotamian literary tradition on their own terms”
THE OT Text and Content, Matthews, Moyer
“….a great deal of material contained in the primeval epics in Genesis is borrowed and adapted from the ancient cultures of that region.”

The Formation of Genesis 1-11, Carr
“The previous discussion has made clear how this story in Genesis represents a complex juxtaposition of multiple traditions often found separately in the Mesopotamian literary world….”
The Priestly Vision of Genesis, Smith
“….storm God and cosmic enemies passed into Israelite tradition. The biblical God is not only generally similar to Baal as a storm god, but God inherited the names of Baal’s cosmic enemies, with names such as Leviathan, Sea, Death and Tanninim.”

PS. you're living in a CREATED world of PERCEPTION ....... my, my, my, and they still don't understand it. ...... :eek: YIKES!
You haven't demonstrated this universe is a creation. All you have is a quote from a myth that we know for a fact was a re-write of older similar stories. Like the Mesopotamian stories, Genesis is also a made up tale.
Genesis is also typical Near Eastern religious literature, similar myths, similar God, similar stories, wisdom (one book of Proverbs is a copy of an Egyptian text) -
"The third unit, 22:17–24:22, is headed "bend your ear and hear the words of the wise". A large part of this section is a recasting of a second-millennium BCE Egyptian work, the Instruction of Amenemope, and may have reached the Hebrew author(s) through an Aramaic translation.
The "wisdom" genre was widespread throughout the ancient Near East, and reading Proverbs alongside the examples recovered from Egypt and Mesopotamia reveals the common ground shared by international wisdom.[19]"

101G

It's a perception of things that exist. Our model of reality is just a model created by our senses. But the spacetime, fields and particles are still out there. We are perceiving and creating an interpretation of what we percieve.
all a perception, there is NO "MATTER", only a Perception.

101G.

101G

@dybmh, @Soapy, and to all.

here is something for you to chew on in our discussion concerning the Garden. physical or Spiritual in Nature. and a revelation on the Godhead.

in reading the book of ACTS again, Acts 4:8 "Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel," Acts 4:9 "If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;" Acts 4:10 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole." Acts 4:11 "This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner." Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

on the Godhead soapy
This is not the Apostles words but God words through his apostle Peter. The address is from God, the Lord Jesus. LISTEN CAREFULLY, for this is IMPORTANT. while addressing the elders, and chief priest, my mind went back to what the Lord Jesus said.

Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:17 "But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;" Matthew 10:18 "And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles." Matthew 10:19 "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak." Matthew 10:20 "For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

BREAKDOWN: Matthew 10:20 "For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

When the Lord Jesus said “MY” Father, and we say “MY” Father, we are not speaking biological, but metaphorically, (Spiritual). of (First and Last). let 101G put in an Example. if I speak of Earthly thing, then one can understand the Heavenly THINGS, Right. Now a EARTHLY THING. question, “are you before your earthly Father in flesh?" NO. Then you’re the Son, or the Last, or AFTER your earthly father. Correct….. but was not the Lord Jesus, the Ordinal Last, in flesh first, before his Father the Ordinal First who is Spirit? are we so sure? this question open up something for us to consider. His Father, (himself, the Ordinal First), was in Glorified Flesh in the Garden. How do you know this 101G. Genesis 3:8 "And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden." Genesis 3:9 "And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?"

dybmh, on the spiritually on the Garden.
first, how do one HEAR God's "VOICE", especially God's....... who is a Spirit, but no one supposed to have heard God voice?

second, How can one hear God "WALKING", again who is a Spirit.

third, how can one "SEE" God FACE, for the Hebrew term PRESENCE means "FACE",
Presence: H6440 פָּנִים paniym (paw-neem') n-m.
פָּנֶה paneh (paw-neh') [singular (but always as plural) of an unused noun]
1. the face (as the part that turns).
2. (with prepositional prefix, as a preposition) before, etc.
{used in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively}
[from H6437]
KJV: + accept, a-(be-)fore(-time), against, anger, X as (long as), at, + battle, + because (of), + beseech, countenance, edge, + employ, endure, + enquire, face, favour, fear of, for, forefront(-part), form(-er time, -ward), from, front, heaviness, X him(-self), + honourable, + impudent, + in, it, look(-eth) (-s), X me, + meet, X more than, mouth, of, off, (of) old (time), X on, open, + out of, over against, the partial, person, + please, presence, prospect, was purposed, by reason of, + regard, right forth, + serve, X shewbread, sight, state, straight, + street, X thee, X them(-selves), through (+ - out), till, time(-s) past, (un-)to(-ward), + upon, upside (+ down), with(- in, + -stand), X ye, X you.
Root(s): H6437

now, 101G have a suggestion, a way, not saying this is the ONLY ANSWER, or way. but so far, this could only take place if ADAM was in spirit form of manifestation, before he fell into sin, and self-consciousness.

the reason why 101G say this is this. the Lord Jesus upon Resurrection the Lord Jesus had flesh and bone. Luke 24:36 "And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you." Luke 24:37 "But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit." Luke 24:38 "And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?"m Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

but notice, the Lord said, he had flesh and bone, but no BLOOD in the resurrected state. now this, Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;" Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man." Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

well a question, WHERE IS THE BLOOD? ..... BLOOD OF MY BLOOD?

blood was given for the life of the "NATURAL" flesh in a sinful state, and not in a glorified body, or a spiritual State, which is the body to come. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

note, flesh and BLOOD cannot inherit the kingdom of God, but flesh and bone can.

101G.

101G

@dybmh.
here is another snack for you. Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

from what I posted earlier, "our" image", to "his Image". this gives support that the Garden was spiritual in nature.

"our Image" is the two Natures of God as "first" and "last" in ordinal designations. man IMAGE could not come before the source. ...... the ordinal First. and the Last Image, "dirt" came LAST, "NATURAL FLESH WITH BLOOD.

in the glorified body, in the Garden God was seen of ADAM, before the fall into sin. this will explain why God is in the First and Last designations of himself, and not two or three persons.

101G.