• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, What is it?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What is god? how is it observed? realized? is it necessarily a who? is it limited to space? time?
What is God?

A concept.

How is it observed?

Within the imagination.

Realized?

Whatever you do with the puppet strings.

Is it necessarily a who?

You'd have to ask Doctor Seuss.

Is it limited to space-time?

For as long as the gray matter that made it up, lasts.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Those who know, stay silent
Those who don't know, debate

i loved you but you left me speechless.

my god has a humorous boner.

F1.large.jpg

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah, selfish ********, can't even share some knowledge.
Silence is the knowledge. Silence the mind, silence the personal ego and the knowledge that has been inside you for all time will manifest.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
the one at the center, the heart of all things.

i remember how it all started.

So none of the gods I acknowledge or worship. Well, I won't presume to define your god-concept for you. You get to have fun figuring that one out.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So none of the gods I acknowledge or worship. Well, I won't presume to define your god-concept for you. You get to have fun figuring that one out.
no, not really. i don't have a problem with polytheism. obviously there is no emphasis on form, if there are multiple forms of it. but what is it? it isn't a single form?

What is god? how is it observed? realized? is it necessarily a who? is it limited to space? time?

I believe what the Bible tells and according to it, God is spirit and love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

I think He can be observed from those who are one with Him.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Those who know, stay silent
Those who don't know, debate

I see it the other way around-offline.

Those who know say "God exists. Believe in god to be saved"
Those who don't know say "What in the world are you guys talking about? Next."

Probably most people who don't believe in god (aren't theist) don't really think about such things. When I walk out my door as an atheist and have a conversation, I may get a god bless you or something similar. While genuine, mostly, they definitely don't stay silent.

Other theists outside abrahamics who "spread the word regardless the how" are just like those who don't know: to each his own.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

My guess from observation, interaction, and some participation. Each religion has their own view on this. 'nor sure how polytheists define gods and time but the rest seem the same.

God=life
Observed=By experience
Realized=Through meditation like activity
Necessarily a who=No (Depends on the religion and culture)
Limited to space=no. The existence of reality isn't dependent on humans
Time=eternal

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A god is usually a who; a personage representing an idealized member or a father figure of whatever culture he's conceived by, He has a personality, likes and dislikes, desires; he can be pleased or displeased. Sometimes he's a creator, rulemaker or a judge. He usually has the power to help or harm.
In polytheistic cultures gods often seem to represent personified natural phenomena.