• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejection?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
True. :)

There is Only One God, the God who revealed all the major religions. :)
Jesus was not God. Jesus was a Manifestation of God, a Messenger of God, a Servant of God.

Hello. I hear ya. I dig the universal character of the Baha'i faith btw, have been reading about it lately. Peace.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
This is the case according to scripture:

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Don’t see God’s rejection here. Now if you are an enemy of Him and His People then that would be a result of your own judgement, not God's.
So god rejects those who reject him. Regardless of who started it, we are still left with the fact that god is choosing to reject people based on an arbitrary condition he made.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's illogical for God to set conditions of belief but then not reject the person who doesn't believe. That's a contradiction.

Adam and eve on garden
God approved his creation
Adam and Eve sins
God disapprove
What happens? God did not forgive. He rejected them because of their sin. He punished them.

Same with nonbeliever. Scripture says we are a sinners
Nonbeliever sin but don't ask forgiveness
God says I reject you (more specific in revelations and gospels, I never knew you)

If god does not reject there are no conditions for belief. Believers wouldn't be blaming us nonbelievers for not cbosing their god because of god doesn't reject so shouldn't believers who tell us we reject god when god set up the rejection issue to begin with.

Don't blame the victim. Children aren't blamed for their parents immoral edict. Before ages the law looks to the parent.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).

As I understand the Bible, all receive sincere offers/faith/concepts to trust God for salvation.

And all as individuals can choose to trust God or reject God. God, however, never rejects any person who trusts Him for eternal life.

For the sake of argument, let’s assume the Christian concept of God is correct.

As the Omnipotent Creator, he created me— and others like me— who have naturally skeptical minds. Minds that cannot easily take important matters on faith alone. Minds that question. He made me, knowing that his test required the very thing the mind he gave me could not pass. His test requires faith, and my mind doesn’t do faith.

It would be like making salvation based on reading a book, and purposefully, knowingly creating dyslexic people. In such a world, I would assume that God doesn’t care for those dyslexic people very much. He knows they can’t read and made reading the ultimate test anyway.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As the Omnipotent Creator, he created me— and others like me— who have naturally skeptical minds. Minds that cannot easily take important matters on faith alone. Minds that question. He made me, knowing that his test required the very thing the mind he gave me could not pass. His test requires faith, and my mind doesn’t do faith.
God's test requires faith, but it also requires the use of our reason.
God asks us to use our reason. If we use our reason to come to faith then it is a reason-based faith. Faith without reason is blind faith.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).
No neither I nor He reject each other and I try to be open-minded about the truth.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
God's test requires faith, but it also requires the use of our reason.
God asks us to use our reason. If we use our reason to come to faith then it is a reason-based faith. Faith without reason is blind faith.
I think I could accept that reason could get you to believe that a god exists. I don’t find philosophical or rational explanations satisfying, but I could see someone accepting the arguments as a rational basis for believing god’s existence.

However, I do not think that reason can help you determine which religion is correct. The rational explanations for god’s existence do not also illuminate that god’s character or plans or desires. How can you rationally conclude that god impregnated a virgin with a version of himself that then sacrificed himself to save humankind from a sinful nature? You can’t. That requires blind faith and a choice to either believe or not.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think I could accept that reason could get you to believe that a god exists. I don’t find philosophical or rational explanations satisfying, but I could see someone accepting the arguments as a rational basis for believing god’s existence.
I agree, but then you would just believe that God exists because it makes sense but you would not know anything about God or God’s will for you.
However, I do not think that reason can help you determine which religion is correct.
Reason can help you determine that if you apply your reason. Does it make sense that only one religion is correct and all the others are incorrect? If God is a Loving God, why would God favor one religion over another? Could all those religions be wrong? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
The rational explanations for god’s existence do not also illuminate that god’s character or plans or desires.
That is true, so that is why we need more than rational explanations for God’s existence. We need a revelation from God.
How can you rationally conclude that god impregnated a virgin with a version of himself that then sacrificed himself to save humankind from a sinful nature? You can’t. That requires blind faith and a choice to either believe or not.
You cannot conclude that if you use your rational mind, so then you try to figure out why Christians believe that. You ask yourself if the Bible is the Word of God, what did it really mean. Can you make any sense out of the Bible absent the Christian doctrines? Is some of it true, but not all of it true? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Looking into the sky at night, I see no `gods`. Peering at photos into the far, far away, magnified by thousands of powers, still no `god`. Into the trillions of light years I see, into the emptiness that becomes almost nothingness, I see no `god`. But...I am asked to picture a hand of `god` to hold those infinite billions of galaxies in `his` single hand, I can't see that hand, I can't see that `god`.
How immensly large does that `god` be, to be in the `void` that is outside of the Cosmos to fit it in `his` hand.
I can't see into that imaginative fallacy, sooo...I can't believe in your `god`.

Last edited by a moderator:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Kinda both, if we’re to believe the stories.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Or to put it a different way: Do you reject Thor? And I specifically mean Marvel Studio's Thor.
He's way too hot to reject completely. :p

That's what my children said when I told them, "if you don't drive that car with responsibility there is no car".... yet my statement was a statement of love.
It's weird though that the government takes away the license and yet it's not the license that makes the car go.

Certainly if one doesn't know about the offer, my understanding is that God takes into consideration... but I leave the judging to Him and do all I can to make sure people know about the offer.
I thought a marriage was between one man and one woman. That God wants to be married to everyone gives me pause. :p

Maybe we should just let Him have Asherah back and He won't want to get into all of our pants. :p

Of course-- I read the ugly thing, and I think what sort of monster would be the inspiration of such a horrible, immoral book.... and I'm comforted to realize that such a god cannot possibly exist.
Well, God told ME humans wrote it and He didn't even say half of what's in there. It's verified to be written by humans, so God must be telling the truth. :)

For one thing, the scriptures do not portray Adam and Eve as ignorant children at play in the garden, unable to make intelligent choices.
Eve doesn't quote the rule correctly. It's not her fault: she was created AFTER and the text doesn't establish she was told. The bible has many plot holes. You'd think a real deity could fix that.

They are written like 7 year olds. Look up child development stages. Naming things, concrete thinking, etc ... not advanced thought at all. Eve is attracted to the "yumminess" of the fruit before anything else. That's not a doctoral thesis, but the instinct of a child.

Secondly, God had a benevolent, loving, and wise purpose for allowing satan in the garden.
We'll never know because he's not in that story.

Adam and Eve, had to have a legitimate choice concerning who their loyalty, love, and trust was given to, as do each of us.
And they were supposed to trust the One who was less than honest about the reason they shouldn't eat the fruit and they were supposed to distrust the one who honestly told them why?

Now God did not create Satan to be an evil being.That was Satan’s choice.
That tells me that God assumes using a template in the coding stage will prevent any bugs from cropping up. Maybe He's the Pointy Haired Boss from Dilbert who just orders things without having any idea of what is actually going on. That would explain how He can't tell a Hebrew from an Egyptian during the Exodus.

9cc4eb344a3b3678e7fe5500d5ff7c09.jpg

So sin began in the very presence of God.
So God is incompetent and so apathetic He doesn't even keep watch over what is going on. And He's the Good Shepherd who protects us from wolves?

Even in the Prodigal Son, the father is so completely uninterested in his son's whereabouts that no attempt, IIRC, is made to go look for him. He's just like, "Oh, you're back? Cool."

He tries to entice men and women with everything."
How is God any different?

If Eve had believed what God had said
She wasn't created when the rule was posted.

Satan said you won’t really die and look; you can become one of the gods.
Satan isn't in that story and God confirms the serpent's version VERBATIM. If the serpent is lying, so is God.

Genesis 3
22Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"- 23therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken.
Is God lying here? Is He not CONFIRMING the real reason He didn't want them to eat?

The fruit gave superpowers and He didn't want to share, which is weird for a species supposedly "made in His image". Did He not like what He saw in the mirror?

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Who then woke up 3 days later. Sacrifices require the thing to STAY dead or it doesn't count.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned
So, John preaches that morality is rather irrelevant only butt-kissing will get you in. GREAT lesson, folks.

So what you are saying is you reject the God of Jesus Christ
I think the bible and its worshipers rejected God.

So god rejects those who reject him. Regardless of who started it, we are still left with the fact that god is choosing to reject people based on an arbitrary condition he made.
Yes, don't you know that we are to love our enemy because even sinners can love those who love them? Wait ...

Riders

Hello. I hear ya. I dig the universal character of the Baha'i faith btw, have been reading about it lately. Peace.

Yea I do too. The only thing that makes me nervous is that they have a leader. I know his name don;t know how to spell it, Bahula something not sure. I do agree with a lot that I have read from the Bha'is though.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Looking into the sky at night, I see no `gods`. Peering at photos into the far, far away, magnified by thousands of powers, still no `god`. Into the trillions of light years I see, into the emptiness that becomes almost nothingness, I see no `god`. But...I am asked to picture a hand of `god` to hold those infinite billions of galaxies in `his` single hand, I can't see that hand, I can't see that `god`.
How immensly large does that `god` be, to be in the `void` that is outside of the Cosmos to fit it in `his` hand.
I can't see into that imaginative fallacy, sooo...I can't believe in your `god`.
I do not see God either, nobody can SEE God....
I cannot "picture" the hand of God, God is too Great to picture.
Yet I do not have to see or picture God to know God is there.
I like the idea that God is a mystery I can never unravel.

“It should be remembered in this connection that the one true God is in Himself exalted beyond and above proximity and remoteness. His reality transcendeth such limitations. His relationship to His creatures knoweth no degrees. That some are near and others are far is to be ascribed to the manifestations themselves.

That the heart is the throne, in which the Revelation of God the All-Merciful is centered, is attested by the holy utterances which We have formerly revealed.

Among them is this saying: “Earth and heaven cannot contain Me; what can alone contain Me is the heart of him that believeth in Me, and is faithful to My Cause.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 185-186

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Only if the latter knows what he is rejecting, what he does not recognize, what he has to submit to, and adopt. But without that knowledge the only person left to reject him is god. Since god have conditions rejection is a given regardless if the others has an excuse or not; scripture: no one is without excuse.

I know. I answered. This is a short cut version.

Riders

I do not see God either, nobody can SEE God....
I cannot "picture" the hand of God, God is too Great to picture.
Yet I do not have to see or picture God to know God is there.
I like the idea that God is a mystery I can never unravel.

“It should be remembered in this connection that the one true God is in Himself exalted beyond and above proximity and remoteness. His reality transcendeth such limitations. His relationship to His creatures knoweth no degrees. That some are near and others are far is to be ascribed to the manifestations themselves.

That the heart is the throne, in which the Revelation of God the All-Merciful is centered, is attested by the holy utterances which We have formerly revealed.

Among them is this saying: “Earth and heaven cannot contain Me; what can alone contain Me is the heart of him that believeth in Me, and is faithful to My Cause.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 185-186
Bahá’u’lláh, Aha that's his name!

lukethethird

unknown member

I have a choice as to how I answer which means that I ultimately decide what God does or does not do. I decide whether God even exists or not, and what powers to be assigned to it. Should I and others decide that God does in fact exist the tricky part would be in demonstrating that God exists outside of our minds.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have a choice as to how I answer which means that I ultimately decide what God does or does not do. I decide whether God even exists or not, and what powers to be assigned to it. Should I and others decide that God does in fact exist the tricky part would be in demonstrating that God exists outside of our minds.
With all due respect, if an Omnipotent God exists, you cannot decide what that God does or does not do, for obvious logical reasons...
If God exists, God exists, and if god does not exist, god does not exist; you cannot decide whether God exists or not... You can only decide whether you "believe" that God exists...
Finally, you cannot decide what powers to assign to God, because God has whatever powers God has and you are not omnipotent so you cannot assign or take away powers from God.

Yes, the tricky part is in deciding if God really exists in reality or just inside your mind. That cannot be demonstrated with objective evidence but you can still make a decision based upon the evidence that is available.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes, the tricky part is in deciding if God really exists in reality or just inside your mind. That cannot be demonstrated with objective evidence but you can still make a decision based upon the evidence that is available.
And since all the evidence I’ve ever seen is entirely consistent with the non-existence of every god ever proposed to me, I think I have good reason to not accept any of them.

DPMartin

Okay, then I'll answer it for you. No they are not rejecting God. They are rejecting your ideas of God, which you are assuming you yourself have the one and only true way of thinking about God. They embrace God. They reject your ideas. Do you dispute that? Explain.

No, you didn’t answer the question, the question is about the God of Jesus Christ isn’t it? And not my views about anything.