• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejection?

Riders

Are we talking semantics?

John 3:13; John 14:21

Belief is all that's require but if you want to get technical when the rich man asked Jesus how to be saved he replied with the the 10 commandments and said follow me.

So there is also another scripture where Jesus talked about the group of people who claimed to have done miracles in the name of Jesus
so they were so called Christians and Jesus said turn away from me I never knew you.

Then those who fed the hungry and housed the homeless and visited those in jail and welcomed a stranger those were the ones who served him even though they did not know Jesus name.

So those who are not Christians made it ti heaven because of they're actions rather then the right religion.

No where does it say you have to join an organized Christian church and you guys just don't get that.

DPMartin

By scripture, god and jesus rejected me, I did not reject them.

This is the case according to scripture:

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Don’t see God’s rejection here. Now if you are an enemy of Him and His People then that would be a result of your own judgement, not God's.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
nope i asked the question
Okay, then I'll answer it for you. No they are not rejecting God. They are rejecting your ideas of God, which you are assuming you yourself have the one and only true way of thinking about God. They embrace God. They reject your ideas. Do you dispute that? Explain.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This is the case according to scripture:

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Don’t see God’s rejection here. Now if you are an enemy of Him and His People then that would be a result of your own judgement, not God's.

It's not a bad thing. When you reject someone, they "no longer know you" type of thing. Who soever believes have everlasting life. If you don't believe, by definition of that statement the condition is you won't benefit without believing; no eternal life.

Take Adam and Eve. When they sinned, god rejected them.

Take the pharaesee. When they sinned according to jesus, god no longer saw favor in the Jews because jesus said they were going against his father's commandments.

Take sadaam and gammora. God rejected them to the point of killing them because they sinned. They disobeyed god so he punished them by death.

I can't read KJV.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

When you reject someone in scripture, the consequence is condemption or consequence. You can't punish someone you don't reject.

The Lord preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.Psalm 145:20

You can't approve or love someone who you punish for disbelief. That's a contradiction. Gotta think things through rather than just read at face value.

I did not reject god. That's silly. You can't reject someone that does not exist. Many christians probably don't understand that but it's not religious, it's just how English works. Whether other languages have that logic, I don't know. I assume somethings are universally common sense but that's a generalization.

What god says about people who do not believe does not involve me. If god did not reject me, I would not need to be punished. Since I'm a sinner in the Bible, I will be punished.

That isn't something I believe but that's scripture. I can't change it to please me. It's not my truth.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Belief is all that's require but if you want to get technical when the rich man asked Jesus how to be saved he replied with the the 10 commandments and said follow me.

So there is also another scripture where Jesus talked about the group of people who claimed to have done miracles in the name of Jesus
so they were so called Christians and Jesus said turn away from me I never knew you.

Then those who fed the hungry and housed the homeless and visited those in jail and welcomed a stranger those were the ones who served him even though they did not know Jesus name.

So those who are not Christians made it ti heaven because of they're actions rather then the right religion.

No where does it say you have to join an organized Christian church and you guys just don't get that.

Yes, when you approach according to the law, you fail as the rich man went away sad because he realized that he wasn't perfect. Thus the answer is faith that works by love. You do have to do "a list of things" to be loved. Love is a gift and you don't have to "work" for it or "perform" to be accepted.

Yes, there are those who do things in the Name of Jesus who haven't accepted him from the heart. As God said in the OT, "you praise me with your lips, but your heart is far from me". it's called hypocrisy

We haven't mentioned anything about "organized Christian church" although a body is organized to have a life that is profitable. A hand doesn't last very long if it is without the rest of the body. A family has an organization to it (though it varies family to family). You don't "join" a family, you become "part" of a family and each person should have a certain amount of responsibility.

Good questions though.

Riders

It's not a bad thing. When you reject someone, they "no longer know you" type of thing. Who soever believes have everlasting life. If you don't believe, by definition of that statement the condition is you won't benefit without believing; no eternal life.

Take Adam and Eve. When they winner, god rejected them.

Take the pharaesee. When they sinned according to jesus, god no longer saw favor in the Jews because jesus said they were going against his father's commandments.

Take sadaam and gammora. God rejected them to the point of killing them because they sinned. They disobeyed god so he punished them by death.

I can't read KJV.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

When you reject someone in scripture, the consequence is condemption or consequence. You can't punish someone you don't reject.

The Lord preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.Psalm 145:20

You can't approve or love someone who you punish for disbelief. That's a contradiction. Gotta think things through rather than just read at face value.

I did not reject god. That's silly. You can't reject someone that does not exist. Many christians probably don't understand that but it's not religious, it's just how English works. Whether other languages have that logic, I don't know. I assume somethings are universally common sense but that's a generalization.

What god says about people who do not believe does not involve me. If god did not reject me, I would not need to be punished. Since I'm a sinner in the Bible, I will be punished.

That isn't something I believe but that's scripture. I can't change it to please me. It's not my truth.

This is from Revelations

9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

This means folks from all beliefs are children of God, in the end God decides who is saved and who is not saved not us.

lukethethird

unknown member
Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).

I think that ultimately it is up to us as individuals to decide if God exists or not. We are Lord over our God I suppose.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think that ultimately it is up to us as individuals to decide if God exists or not.
We are Lord over our God I suppose.
You are absolutely right. It is up to us as individuals to decide if God exists or not.

But we are not Lord over God. Only God is Lord.
God is Lord over everyone while at the same time God loves everyone, whether we believe in God or not.

"How ignorant therefore the thought that God who created man, educated and nurtured him, surrounded him with all blessings, made the sun and all phenomenal existence for his benefit, bestowed upon him tenderness and kindness, and then did not love him. This is palpable ignorance, for no matter to what religion a man belongs even though he be an atheist or materialist nevertheless God nurtures him, bestows His kindness and sheds upon him His light."

('Abdu'l-Baha, Star of the West, Vol. 8, issue 7, p. 78)​

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).

Hello. It is a one way street; you can reject God but it can't be other way around.

But "the God of Jesus"? To an early Christian that would be God the Father (God of the Jews). But the orthodox view today is of course that Jesus is God, one of the Persons of the Triune Godhead.

Peace.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This means folks from all beliefs are children of God, in the end God decides who is saved and who is not saved not us.
I agree, we are all children of God in the sense that God loves everyone...

However, I do not believe there is any such thing as saved vs. unsaved, or that God punishes anyone for non-belief. God might punish people for very bad deeds, there are indications of that in the Bible and other scriptures, but there is no reason to think that God punishes people for non-belief. What happens is that we punish ourselves by not believing, but if we believe we receive a reward for believing.

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 339

According to my beliefs, after we die and go to the spiritual world, we will realize the consequences of our beliefs and actions in the material world.

“It is clear and evident that all men shall, after their physical death, estimate the worth of their deeds, and realize all that their hands have wrought. I swear by the Day Star that shineth above the horizon of Divine power! They that are the followers of the one true God shall, the moment they depart out of this life, experience such joy and gladness as would be impossible to describe, while they that live in error shall be seized with such fear and trembling, and shall be filled with such consternation, as nothing can exceed. Well is it with him that hath quaffed the choice and incorruptible wine of faith through the gracious favor and the manifold bounties of Him Who is the Lord of all Faiths…” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 171

I do not know who "they that live in error" refers to. I cannot say it refers to nonbelievers, but I cannot say it doesn't... I just do not know, nobody knows, because nobody knows what happens in the afterlife.

“Know thou that every hearing ear, if kept pure and undefiled, must, at all times and from every direction, hearken to the voice that uttereth these holy words: “Verily, we are God’s, and to Him shall we return.” The mysteries of man’s physical death and of his return have not been divulged, and still remain unread.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345

I do not know who "the followers of the one true God" refers to but I think it refers to those who follow the God who is behind all the revealed religions, given how that passage concludes: "Well is it with him that hath quaffed the choice and incorruptible wine of faith through the gracious favor and the manifold bounties of Him Who is the Lord of all Faiths…"

According to my belief, confident beleivers will experience joy and gladness, but what that means exactly and how it will play out is a complete mystery. Only God knows.

“Death proffereth unto every confident believer the cup that is life indeed. It bestoweth joy, and is the bearer of gladness. It conferreth the gift of everlasting life.

As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man’s earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one true God, exalted be His glory, their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 345-346

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Hello. It is a one way street; you can reject God but it can't be other way around.
True. :)
But "the God of Jesus"? To an early Christian that would be God the Father (God of the Jews). But the orthodox view today is of course that Jesus is God, one of the Persons of the Triune Godhead.
There is Only One God, the God who revealed all the major religions. :)
Jesus was not God. Jesus was a Manifestation of God, a Messenger of God, a Servant of God.

Riders

I agree, we are all children of God in the sense that God loves everyone...

However, I do not believe there is any such thing as saved vs. unsaved, or that God punishes anyone for non-belief. God might punish people for very bad deeds, there are indications of that in the Bible and other scriptures, but there is no reason to think that God punishes people for non-belief. What happens is that we punish ourselves by not believing, but if we believe we receive a reward for believing.

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 339

According to my beliefs, after we die and go to the spiritual world, we will realize the consequences of our beliefs and actions in the material world.

“It is clear and evident that all men shall, after their physical death, estimate the worth of their deeds, and realize all that their hands have wrought. I swear by the Day Star that shineth above the horizon of Divine power! They that are the followers of the one true God shall, the moment they depart out of this life, experience such joy and gladness as would be impossible to describe, while they that live in error shall be seized with such fear and trembling, and shall be filled with such consternation, as nothing can exceed. Well is it with him that hath quaffed the choice and incorruptible wine of faith through the gracious favor and the manifold bounties of Him Who is the Lord of all Faiths…” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 171

I do not know who "they that live in error" refers to. I cannot say it refers to nonbelievers, but I cannot say it doesn't... I just do not know, nobody knows, because nobody knows what happens in the afterlife.

“Know thou that every hearing ear, if kept pure and undefiled, must, at all times and from every direction, hearken to the voice that uttereth these holy words: “Verily, we are God’s, and to Him shall we return.” The mysteries of man’s physical death and of his return have not been divulged, and still remain unread.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345

I do not know who "the followers of the one true God" refers to but I think it refers to those who follow the God who is behind all the revealed religions, given how that passage concludes: "Well is it with him that hath quaffed the choice and incorruptible wine of faith through the gracious favor and the manifold bounties of Him Who is the Lord of all Faiths…"

According to my belief, confident beleivers will experience joy and gladness, but what that means exactly and how it will play out is a complete mystery. Only God knows.

“Death proffereth unto every confident believer the cup that is life indeed. It bestoweth joy, and is the bearer of gladness. It conferreth the gift of everlasting life.

As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man’s earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one true God, exalted be His glory, their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 345-346
Thank you for that.