• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejection?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I tend to think of it more along the lines of a shotgun wedding.
LOL...

That's what my children said when I told them, "if you don't drive that car with responsibility there is no car".... yet my statement was a statement of love.

QuestioningMind

Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).

What a silly question. First you need to establish that this God of Jesus Christ actually exists before you can ask if it rejects me or I reject it. That would be like me asking you, do magical fairies reject you or do you reject magical fairies?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
i will go with one rejecting God. God has a pending marriage offer, but the offer needs to be accepted.

Can't reject a marriage offer only a set percentage of people believe the offer exists. Reject requires acknowledgement of what's being rejected, understanding the benefits or disbenefits of what's rejected. As good understanding of why the thing rejected has some influence to make a decision to reject.

The offer isn't just hanging out there waiting to be taken. It needs to be acknowledge as a whole first that it does exist to the person rejecting it. Once that person knows it exist and not argue that claims with the handful of people say it does, then, and only then do they have a choice to reject.

So, if I knew god and I knew the offer given, then I have reason to reject because I am aware of what I'm rejecting. Since I am not and can't, the claim of rejecting is only said by a handful of people.

How do you reject something that does not exist in order to come reason to reject it?

The logic behind it is off not the specific opinion

Bob the Unbeliever

Another cheese less pizza !

Is that not an Abomination? Now, if someone is severely lactose intolerant or something, I can kind of see it... but otherwise? No cheese in a pizza?

Forsooth! Horrors! May as well leave off the crust while you are at it.... right?

Bob the Unbeliever

LOL...

That's what my children said when I told them, "if you don't drive that car with responsibility there is no car".... yet my statement was a statement of love.

You were a good father. In direct contrast to the god of the Garden of Eden, who deliberately allowed his naive and ignorant children to play in a garden which contained a Known Predator.

The bible's god would be charged with Child Endangerment, had this been the real world.

I would have expected superior behavior from.... a god.

Kenny

Premium Member
Can't reject a marriage offer only a set percentage of people believe the offer exists. Reject requires acknowledgement of what's being rejected, understanding the benefits or disbenefits of what's rejected. As good understanding of why the thing rejected has some influence to make a decision to reject.

The offer isn't just hanging out there waiting to be taken. It needs to be acknowledge as a whole first that it does exist to the person rejecting it. Once that person knows it exist and not argue that claims with the handful of people say it does, then, and only then do they have a choice to reject.

So, if I knew god and I knew the offer given, then I have reason to reject because I am aware of what I'm rejecting. Since I am not and can't, the claim of rejecting is only said by a handful of people.

How do you reject something that does not exist in order to come reason to reject it?

The logic behind it is off not the specific opinion

Since the OP is talking about Jesus, one can assume that we are talking about people who know about him so the application is still correct.

Certainly if one doesn't know about the offer, my understanding is that God takes into consideration... but I leave the judging to Him and do all I can to make sure people know about the offer.

Kenny

Premium Member
You were a good father. In direct contrast to the god of the Garden of Eden, who deliberately allowed his naive and ignorant children to play in a garden which contained a Known Predator.

The bible's god would be charged with Child Endangerment, had this been the real world.

I disagree completely with your position... then again, as you have shown before, nothing I say will make a difference for you.

Bob the Unbeliever

I disagree completely with your position... then again, as you have shown before, nothing I say will make a difference for you.

This is because I take the bible as it is written -- at face value.

I fully expect nothing less, since it's allegedly a god-inspired book, and I would think that such a Divine Creation to be taken as written.

Of course-- I read the ugly thing, and I think what sort of monster would be the inspiration of such a horrible, immoral book.... and I'm comforted to realize that such a god cannot possibly exist.

There is simply too many nice things going on, on Earth, for such an evil beast to be real...

One of the funniest MEMES I saw the other day:

"God Creates The Earth"

"Gets Mad At It"

"Kills Everything"

Not unlike what you'd expect from a 2 year old, really: draws a picture with crayons. Hates how it turned out. Rips up the picture in a fit of pique.

Kenny

Premium Member
Not so: You believe your god knows everything. Therefore? Your god already knows **exactly** what to tell you to say, to convince me.

The real question? Why does your god absolutely, to 100%, refuse to clue you in, here?
lol you are funny.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since the OP is talking about Jesus, one can assume that we are talking about people who know about him so the application is still correct.

Certainly if one doesn't know about the offer, my understanding is that God takes into consideration... but I leave the judging to Him and do all I can to make sure people know about the offer.

Hmm. I don't know the logistics behind that belief, though. I know what you all believe but understanding how two and two is four without just giving me the answer helps a lot with understanding discussions. When god is already assumed and I have no idea what concept of god you are talking about to understand why rejection is such a big deal.

But it's a fair question in relation to the OP. We can't assume everyone knows the basics to conversations like this to talk. That leaves room for generalizations and both parties not being on the same level of comprehension for productive talk.

Got to give in to the basics even if they are common sense to you. Not all of us have that background. Leaves RF an impossible place to talk in.

Riders

Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).

I accept the God of Jesus Christ who is not God, well I use the term belief, I believe in the God of jesus Christ.

WHOA I forget I forget you born again Christians with the born movement has to use terms that are not in the bible like accepting Jesus.

It's because its a part of your alter call ritual in your church, even though its not in the bible accepting Jesus. It says you must believe y'all, don't use bible terminology.

Your more attached to the words your church use and your church rituals then the bible I forget oops.

I believe on the God of Jesus Christ but do you believe? I don't think you do, I think you believe in a fantasy version of Jesus that your church paints for you.
Forget about the fact that there are so many Mega churches and Christians who are defending the beast that's in the white house, the anti Christ, Trump embodies the One World Order.

But you might belong in those groups. I hope not. Your not to catch me in the organized church, you don't use your bible the right way, and the church is a part of the beast the bible talks about the anti Christ.

I don't truly believe in Satan, but the beast the anti Christ represents those who are truly powerful in this world and run the government.Trump is head of it and a whore mongerer.

Kenny

Premium Member
Hmm. I don't know the logistics behind that belief, though. I know what you all believe but understanding how two and two is four without just giving me the answer helps a lot with understanding discussions. When god is already assumed and I have no idea what concept of god you are talking about to understand why rejection is such a big deal.

But it's a fair question in relation to the OP. We can't assume everyone knows the basics to conversations like this to talk. That leaves room for generalizations and both parties not being on the same level of comprehension for productive talk.

Got to give in to the basics even if they are common sense to you. Not all of us have that background. Leaves RF an impossible place to talk in.
Since we are reading snippets here and jumping in at different places... wouldn't it be easier if you just asked questions?

I have no idea when a poster jumps in. i could have explained in details on a page 1 and someone starts on page 5.

But certainly it is important to speak to where someone understands. Equally important to ask a question if you don't.

Riders

i will go with one rejecting God. God has a pending marriage offer, but the offer needs to be accepted.

To : Ken Accepting Jesus is not in the bible.I believe and have faith in God. I read the bible.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Since we are reading snippets here and jumping in at different places... wouldn't it be easier if you just asked questions?

I have no idea when a poster jumps in. i could have explained in details on a page 1 and someone starts on page 5.

But certainly it is important to speak to where someone understands. Equally important to ask a question if you don't.

I do ask questions. I guess they are taken in a way not intended. I am honestly wondering how you can reject something that does not exist. While god knows. Gods decision. If says in scripture. Is fine. I know that. But none so far has told me the logistics behind it. We can tell each math problems but how we arrived at the answer is totally different thing. Helps to know that to make sense if the answer and problem itself.

InChrist

Free4ever

I think you have merely created a false image of God out of your own imagination, rather than actually taking the time to seriously consider what God reveals about Himself or His purposes. For one thing, the scriptures do not portray Adam and Eve as ignorant children at play in the garden, unable to make intelligent choices. Secondly, God had a benevolent, loving, and wise purpose for allowing satan in the garden. Adam and Eve, had to have a legitimate choice concerning who their loyalty, love, and trust was given to, as do each of us.

“Why would God create Satan know all the evil that would come from him?Now God did not create Satan to be an evil being.That was Satan’s choice.So that tells us—we’ve talked about it in the past, but it’s worth talking about again.That tells us something about evil.It wasn’t that Satan was raised in a dysfunctional family, it wasn’t that he was abused as a child, all excuses that are given today, he knew nothing but the presence of God.He grew up in perfection, but in his heart is what Isaiah 14 says: “In your heart you are lifted up with pride and you said I will be like the most high.”So sin began in the very presence of God.That’s astonishing!It tells us something about evil.And knowing that Satan would do this, because God knows everything in advanced, why then would he create this, the most beautiful, powerful, wisest, brilliant being.Why would God create him knowing that he would do this?Well, I think for a number of reasons.First of all, it shows God’s willingness to give him a genuine choice.Secondly, Satan does play an important role.I think I used the illustration in the book of a king who wants to marry this beautiful woman and he wants her to be his bride, the most beautiful woman in his kingdom, but he’s afraid that maybe she won’t love him, so in order to win his heart, he banishes from his kingdom anybody who might possibly be a rival.Well then how can he be really sure that he’s won her heart?He has coerced her.

Tom:
Or set conditions that are overwhelmingly in his favor.[That’s] not honest.

Dave:
So God is not doing that and I often say to people: “Look if Satan has a better deal for you than God, follow him.Go ahead.So Satan I think presents the ultimate alternative to God.In fact, he’s called the god of this world.He tries to entice men and women with everything."

"Dave:

Yes, that’s amazing.So the Bible says there is a genuine battle for the human heart and soul, the mind, the affections.Satan blinds the minds of those who believe not.In other words, if we do not believe God’s Word—that was the problem with Eve, you can go to the Garden of Eden. If Eve had believed what God had said, she wouldn’t have gotten us all in this mess.God clearly said, “The day you eat of it, you will surely die.”Satan said you won’t really die and look; you can become one of the gods.He had rebelled against God, claiming that he was one of the gods and did away with monotheism, one God and created polytheism, many gods and told Eve, “You can be one of the gods too.So you could say the root of the problem was she did not believe God.So he blinds the minds of those who believe not and he leads them astray.There is a genuine battle and God is not going to play games, he’s not going to trick us, he’s not going to coerce us, it’s not a matter of power, but it’s a matter of love and love that is based upon truth."
excerpts from:
Why Would God Create Satan?

InChrist

Free4ever
To : Ken Accepting Jesus is not in the bible.I believe and have faith in God. I read the bible.
Isn't is clear from numerous scriptures throughout the NT that it is faith and belief in Jesus the Savior alone which provides salvation and eternal life and that this is God's desire and will?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:11-12

And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:30-31

Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” John 6:28-29