• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejection?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).

This is a false dichotomy that assumes the existence of that particular brand of God in the premises. And it is therefore a logically flawed question to ask.

To see that consider a variant of it: does the blue fairy reject you? Or is it rather you who reject the Blue Fairy? Where I used your definitions of reject.

Your answer to the blue fairy, is my answer to your brand of God.

Ciao

- viole

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you? Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ? Reject meaning to refuse to recognize, (allow,) acquiesce in, submit to, or adopt, (the primary English OED meaning of “reject”).
i will go with one rejecting God. God has a pending marriage offer, but the offer needs to be accepted.

syo

God doesn't reject humans. Humans reject God.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I couldn't tell you of the Christian god rejects me.

I also don't particularly care, since that god is not part of my religious traditions (aka, I reject it). Since it seems you're looking for a date, other things I reject from my life include watching football, anthropocentrism, fake tea, and men who fail to put the toilet seat down.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

I've never met the God of Jesus Christ so I am wary of speaking for it.

For my part, I don't generally reject any gods I haven't met. I am willing to do so for the sake of argument, though.

Consider the God of Jesus Christ rejected for all intents and purposes of this thread. What's next? Is there an argument to be had here? Or are you just making sure your ignore list is properly stocked?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

As I understand the Bible, all receive sincere offers/faith/concepts to trust God for salvation.

And all as individuals can choose to trust God or reject God. God, however, never rejects any person who trusts Him for eternal life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As I understand the Bible, all receive sincere offers/faith/concepts to trust God for salvation.

And all as individuals can choose to trust God or reject God. God, however, never rejects any person who trusts Him for eternal life.

And you do not see the problem with this? Of course not.

The God of the Bible may not be true. By your own standards the God of the Bible is probably is not true.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
more like.....can I stand in His Presence?

without someone (a servant) wanting to show me the way out

Bob the Unbeliever

Firstly, I'd need to see convincing evidence of the very existence of this being, before discussing any rejection in any direction.

Until that question is fully settled? It's about as meaningful a question as asking if Hermione Granger should have gone with Harry Potter, instead of Ron Weasley.

In fact, the Hermione question is more meaningful, as we know the books exist even if they are fictional.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It doesn't make sense that we reject god. He doesn't exist so there is nothing to reject. It makes more sense that god rejects us. since god is not a universalist (if so, rejection is irrelevant and illogical), if you don't follow you don't benefit.

God has conditions.

If not, believers wouldn't claim nor tell us we rejected god as if it's something of a consequence. If it's a consequence, rejection is part of it among many others.

Nonbeliever aren't to blame. If god died for all, there is no rejection.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Does the God of Jesus Christ reject you?
I assume I worship Jesus' God, but then again, I didn't ask for ID.

Or do you reject the God of Jesus Christ?
I don't reject God. I reject religious traditions regarding God.

It's better to say that my energy and Jesus' are incompatible like fire and water. I am of the fire, Jesus is of the water... Both are necessary but cannot exist in the same space.
But together, with the right equipment, you can get steam engines. :)

Does Lord God Vishnu reject you or do you reject Lord God Vishnu?
Personally, I'm a fan :)

Until that question is fully settled? It's about as meaningful a question as asking if Hermione Granger should have gone with Harry Potter, instead of Ron Weasley.
She was so stuck on herself, she needed humbling by a Weasley. Giving her the HERO or whatever would've just fed into her ego. :p

Bob the Unbeliever

I would have to know that Jesus existed to either accept or reject Jesus. I simply see Christianity as mythos. If Jesus was God i would be forced to accept things i do not like as being reality. And acceptance would be easy. A no brainer.

So what you are saying is you reject the God of Jesus Christ, correct?

That would be an incorrect assessment of his statement. Do you reject Bigfoot or Spiderman?

Or to put it a different way: Do you reject Thor? And I specifically mean Marvel Studio's Thor.

Audie

Veteran Member
Why is this in debates?

It's better to say that my energy and Jesus' are incompatible like fire and water. I am of the fire, Jesus is of the water... Both are necessary but cannot exist in the same space. :D Or, call it alignment, attunement, or affinity.

I don't not refuse to recognize him, but he is irrelevant to my existence as at the level of essence we are opposites. When I move in that direction the water and fire combine to make steam in the air. The mind races... I lose my spiritual center. So, I do not fight with my nature but abide it. :D

For those whom the water appeals, of course, do not offend me. But, one cannot pretend to be a sheep if one is the wolf. It's simply delusion.

start at about 1:40 if you get impatient for some reason