• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God or was it always there?

Krok

We exist, so it was created,....
So, if your god exists, it was created. Unless you invoke the fallacy of Special Pleading.
... because we live, obviously a supernatural God created it.
So why do you want to invoke scientific laws? Trying to rationalilize miracles with science? Trying to pretend that your religion is compatable with science? It isn't.

There's a whole industry of pseudoscience, called "creation science", masquerading as science. It's been thoroughly defeated by both the scientific community and the courts, because it is not science. They don't follow the scientific method. Yet they continue lying to people. Unfortunately for you, a lot of people on this forum are well educated in science. They don't fall for scams pretending to be "scientific".

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Why do some theists need to invoke these games of logical hopscotch to try to prove God exists?

Isn't faith supposed to be enough? (it is for me) :shrug:

wa:do

idav

Being
Premium Member
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, yet we are here, so how did that happen you think?

1-God
2-It was always there.

So it was either God or the universe was always there, which do you think it is, why, and is there proof behind it?

This will settle, many, many things.
Both God/Universe has always been there.

On a side note:

I think it was God, according to my lfie experiences, but I'm sure that atheists who have not had any experiences with God may lead them to think otherwise :(

How do we help them?
A person being atheist doesn't mean they need help.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I think it was God, according to my lfie experiences, but I'm sure that atheists who have not had any experiences with God may lead them to think otherwise :(

I think it was always there in a manner of speaking. However, I have had experiences with God. I was raised Catholic, and remained so until I was almost 20.

How do we help them?

By leaving us alone and realizing that we don't need help.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Energy wasn't created nor destroyed in the sequence of our beginnings.

1 equation:
E=MC^2

^Explains everything...

Tathagata

Freethinker
You try not believing in anything and not feeling empty.

Monks? They're so boring...i'm sure if they achieved a happiness level we can only dream about, theyre ways would be more famous no?

1. Meditation is well known by everyone. People just dont know how to do it (I myself struggle with doing it properly).

2. Psychology experts and Neuroscientists have already confirmed the emotional and intellectual benefits of meditation.

3. Your argument is absurd and utterly flawed. Just because its not popular or widely known doesnt mean its not valid. Many people dont know about quantum physics, yet its still a valid and widely respected field of study.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
1. Meditation is well known by everyone. People just dont know how to do it (I myself struggle with doing it properly).

2. Psychology experts and Neuroscientists have already confirmed the emotional and intellectual benefits of meditation.

3. Your argument is absurd and utterly flawed. Just because its not popular or widely known doesnt mean its not valid. Many people dont know about quantum physics, yet its still a valid and widely respected field of study.

I think what he was saying here, if there was evidence that meditation brought you some sort of mystical-happiness, it'd be world-wide and it would be a major concept in our education systems.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
yeah... I totally missed that "atheists need help" thing...

Atheists don't need help.... certainly no more than any theist needs.

wa:do

Tathagata

Freethinker
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, yet we are here, so how did that happen you think?

1-God
2-It was always there.

If you admit energy can't be created, why do you keep insisting there is a Creator?

So it was either God or the universe was always there, which do you think it is, why, and is there proof behind it?

On a side note:

How do we help them?

What experience of yours made you rationally conclude that it was God?

outhouse

Atheistically
So it was either God or the universe was always there

False

the universe is over 13 billion years old.

part of you god was created sometine shortly before 1400 BC while another part was created around what 2300 BC?

I think it was God, according to my lfie experiences,

which isnt that long

but I'm sure that atheists who have not had any experiences with God may lead them to think otherwise

I have more years of experience with god then you have been alive.

How do we help them?

You cant, you dont have the education and lack knowledge on these subjects.

So far there is no evidence a god exist let alone attribute anything to him.

Tathagata

Freethinker
I think what he was saying here, if there was evidence that meditation brought you some sort of mystical-happiness, it'd be world-wide and it would be a major concept in our education systems.

Yes, I understood he was saying that and I still think it's a flawed line of reasoning. Theres hard evidence that psylocibin mushrooms cure cluster headaches yet its not known nor accepted world wide. Theres evidence for a lot of things that arent world wide nor taught in our education systems.

Btw, Buddhism including Buddhist meditation is known world-wide and the benefits are known. Hell, even Steve Jobs is a meditating Buddhist.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I think you should read my comment of how someone would perceive life without any consecuence at all of an afterlife.

"If you are smart, and can get away with crimes, and dont care about an afterlife because u dont think there will be one, whats stopping you? youve got nothing to lose and much to gain, if youre "smart"

^ people agree that it is a fair point.

I would feel so pathetic being an athesist so BLIND to logic, its just so obvious to me by just openning my eyes, thinking about the universe, even about biology, phisics, that there is something more.

I can't seem to find any sign of intelligence in the universe other than me? Shame on me!

:facepalm:

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

1-God
2-It was always there.

On a side note:

How do we help them?

Energy can't be created or destroyed but we only know that to be true inside our universe. Before the universe, if indeed there was such a time, who's to say that energy couldn't have created itself and the universe? logic? Again logic is only known to apply inside the universe and may not apply outside.