• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God clearly wants us confused

God, created everything, he owns it all --lock, stock and barrel--he has 100% right to say what goes.
He killed the wicked.

You avoided my question. What is the difference between a mindless slave who would kill his own family for his master and a robot?

There is no other kind of faith today. But I know for sure. God reveals himself to those that choose to love him and listen to him.
Dictators do not hand free life to anyone--and create variety in all things for our enjoyment. God created us to know only good, to live forever--the 3 rebels in Eden caused this system. Gods plan has not been altered-- The(new) earth is where the righteous will dwell. Its not heaven or hell as ones end like the false teachers teach.

If you want to believe in things that don't actually exist and you're not hurting anyone, have at it. I prefer living in reality rather than fantasy myself.

kjw47

You avoided my question. What is the difference between a mindless slave who would kill his own family for his master and a robot?

God is the only one handing out Eternal life. Manys family members have sold them out. Who do you put your trust in? a weak mortal or God who gave it all to you free?

God is the only one handing out Eternal life. Manys family members have sold them out. Who do you put your trust in? a weak mortal or God who gave it all to you free?

Why are you avoiding my question? What is the difference between a mindless slave who would kill his own family for his master and a robot?

kjw47

Why are you avoiding my question? What is the difference between a mindless slave who would kill his own family for his master and a robot?

If it made any sense I would answer it. But it has 0 to do with reality--Most people live in reality.

If it made any sense I would answer it. But it has 0 to do with reality--Most people live in reality.

Just answer the question. What is the difference between a mindless slave that would kill his own family for his master and a robot? I can't see any real difference between the two. Both have no will of their own and exist soley to obey. Right?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Clearly you just have to look at the history of Religion and it is obvious people are divided and confused. Without interfering with free-will, God could easily solve that problem. What do you think his reason is for wanting us confused?

You can say He doesn't want us confused, but I know better. If he didn't want us confused, he would speak up and answer our questions. For one person, the truth is Judaism. For another person the truth is Atheism. For another person the truth is Christianity. For another, the truth is Islam. For another, Mormonism, for another the truth is Polytheism. And the list goes on and on.

God clearly wants us confused or he would speak up to us and let us know the truth. There is a small percentage of people that God wills have enlightenment and understanding.

This kind of echos the story of the Tower of Babel in Genesis: Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 11:1-9 - New International Version

(I suspect that the people in the story were actually building a Wallmart. We're each free to interpret these stories in whatever way makes the most sense to us).

Muffled

Jesus in me
the bible proves it---it condemns the usage of statues, carved images, icons---every catholic church is loaded to the hilt with all 3.
Catholicism teachers allowed catholic young men to kill catholic young men( allies) for Adolf Hitler--is that enough of a clue?
Anyone who knows Jesus, knows 100% he would never condone the brothers in Christ to stand on both sides of wars of hatred blowing each others heads off. They feared a man more than God to accomplish such an atrocity in the name of Jesus. It dragged Jesus name through the mud.

I believe however that does not prove that the church has fallen away from Christian belief only that it does not observe to the hilt Jewish law. Do you?

I don't believe so.

I believe that is so but it happens anyway.

I believe that isn't the first time and won't be the last but it does not mean the church has fallen away from Christian belief.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The only problem with your beliefs is that they don't mesh with reality. I had a friend in High School who was kind of a wild card and would sometimes do crazy things for no reason. Turned out he heard voices daring him to do things. He's been on medication for years and doesn't hear the voices anymore, and is a better adjusted person. Why would pharmaceuticals be effective against supernatural forces? The obvious answer is that there is no supernatural cause for these disorders. It's all biology and chemistry.

I hear that voice also and recognize it for the evil it is and tell it to get lost. If it persist I tell it to get lost in the name of Jesus.
I believe I am not foolish enough to need medication and find I do quite well without it but a person who has problems and doesn't have any other recourse needs the help medication provides.

I believe the brain has an ability to receive spiritual information but that brain function can be blocked.

I believe you think you have the obvious answer but mine is far better than yours which has many flaws.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Your god is a fictional character. I have no more reason to believe in your god then I have to believe in Odin, Zeus, Leprauchauns, and unicorns.

I believe your understanding of God is pure fantasy which is why you can put Him in the category of those others which you also most likely fantasize about.

kjw47

I believe however that does not prove that the church has fallen away from Christian belief only that it does not observe to the hilt Jewish law. Do you?

I don't believe so.

I believe that is so but it happens anyway.

I believe that isn't the first time and won't be the last but it does not mean the church has fallen away from Christian belief.

Jesus taught---Return evil for evil to no one. Love your enemy.
Killing our human brothers and sisters in wars of hatred is throwing Jesus away, out of FEAR OF MEN.
They are 100% removed. The bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens.

RESOLUTION

God requires faith. The wicked require proof.

Thomas said:
King James Bible
The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Honest Thomas wanted to believe and many people admit the reason that keeps them from believing and we see Jesus met Thomas at his point of need.

Faith pleases God without it you cannot please him. But God also likes sincerity and truth,
Thomas wasn't wicked he wanted to believe but without seeking Christ for himself and the wounds he could not believe.
Sometimes we need to remember faith can be supported by sincerity.

Just a the man said to Christ... Help my unbelief..

King James Bible
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Jesus meets us at our point of need. Faith as big as a mustard seed...the smallest seed and move mountains...