• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God clearly wants us confused

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Clearly you just have to look at the history of Religion and it is obvious people are divided and confused. Without interfering with free-will, God could easily solve that problem. What do you think his reason is for wanting us confused?

You can say He doesn't want us confused, but I know better. If he didn't want us confused, he would speak up and answer our questions. For one person, the truth is Judaism. For another person the truth is Atheism. For another person the truth is Christianity. For another, the truth is Islam. For another, Mormonism, for another the truth is Polytheism. And the list goes on and on.

God clearly wants us confused or he would speak up to us and let us know the truth. There is a small percentage of people that God wills have enlightenment and understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

lostwanderingsoul

God has given clear information for those people who are willing to open their eyes and see it. Most people do not want the truth or have been so brain washed by large religious institutions that they are not able to see what God has shown.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
What do you think his reason is for wanting us confused?
God doesn't want us confused; God wants us to follow what is right....

Yet it is clear over time, mankind has a habit of making up anthropomorphised religions where we can worship ourselves in someway. :innocent:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God has given clear information for those people who are willing to open their eyes and see it. Most people do not want the truth or have been so brain washed by large religious institutions that they are not able to see what God has shown.
God left us a book. Just because there is a book that claims it has the truth doesn't mean people know it is true.

God's refusal to speak up shows that he wants us confused. God knows that by speaking up and enlightening people it would eliminate confusion.

Of course God wants there to be much confusion in our world. If he didn't, he would enlighten people and speak up.

That book is clearly not enough. Look at how many different conflicting interpretations of the book there are. Look at how many people disagree on what the book says.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Im not saying he wants everyone confused, but he gives understanding and enlightenment to a small amount of people.

He clearly wants most people confused, not all. Why? I don't know

Laika

Premium Member
God left us a book. Just because there is a book that claims it has the truth doesn't mean people know it is true.

God's refusal to speak up shows that he wants us confused. God knows that by speaking up and enlightening people it would eliminate confusion.

Of course God wants there to be much confusion in our world. If he didn't, he would enlighten people and speak up.

That book is clearly not enough. Look at how many different conflicting interpretations of the book there are. Look at how many people disagree on what the book says.

You're moving into pretty secular territory in understanding the evolution of religion due to interpretation. It is possible that each religion reflects tribal cultures and loyalties. A few religions like Christianity and Islam break out and become world religions that are adapted to local conditions or specific historical times.

It may not be chaos and confusion but that there is an underlying order in human creativity in inventing and re-inventing beliefs down the generations.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm sure God has bigger problems than worrying about the petty concerns of the insignificant inhabitants of a single tiny dust speck. Assuming, of course, that such an entity exists.

Human arrogance is endlessly amusing.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
He clearly wants most people confused, not all. Why?
You quote 'a book', and having spent over 15 years analyzing the Bible, having had first hand experience of the Most High all my life, the Bible has too many false bits, and thus my head is boggled.

Yet this is what Yeshua meant, when a kingdom is divided it falls... He came to separate a house against its self.

Thus you could say Yah-Avah caused confusion by give people an IQ test as a religious book. :innocent:

allfoak

Alchemist
Clearly you just have to look at the history of Religion and it is obvious people are divided and confused. Without interfering with free-will, God could easily solve that problem. What do you think his reason is for wanting us confused?

You can say He doesn't want us confused, but I know better. If he didn't want us confused, he would speak up and answer our questions. For one person, the truth is Judaism. For another person the truth is Atheism. For another person the truth is Christianity. For another, the truth is Islam. For another, Mormonism, for another the truth is Polytheism. And the list goes on and on.

God clearly wants us confused or he would speak up to us and let us know the truth. There is a small percentage of people that God wills have enlightenment and understanding.
Why do you blame God?
How can God be God if God is not perfect?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm sure God has bigger problems than worrying about the petty concerns of the insignificant inhabitants of a single tiny dust speck. Assuming, of course, that such an entity exists.

Human arrogance is endlessly amusing.
I'm not saying he should worry about my concerns and I'm sorry about my arrogance, but it is my biggest grievance against God, so I thought I'd start a thread on it.

However, if God did care about us enough to enlighten us, we would have a better world. That much is true!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I'm not saying he should worry about my concerns and I'm sorry about my arrogance, but it is my biggest grievance against God, so I thought I'd start a thread on it.

However, if God did care about us enough to enlighten us, we would have a better world. That much is true!

I wasn't criticizing your arrogance. It was a general statement about humans.

I can agree that if there were an all-powerful god who cared about us, things would be quite different than they are.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're moving into pretty secular territory in understanding the evolution of religion due to interpretation. It is possible that each religion reflects tribal cultures and loyalties. A few religions like Christianity and Islam break out and become world religions that are adapted to local conditions or specific historical times.

It may not be chaos and confusion but that there is an underlying order in human creativity in inventing and re-inventing beliefs down the generations.
Yeah...I'd probably be secular but I've experienced too many signs and coincidence in my life and experienced God enough that I couldn't be an atheist if I tried.

I'm still confused though.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why do you blame God?
How can God be God if God is not perfect?
I blame God because only he can enlighten us and he refuses to.

Then again, he doesn't have to either. He's God. He can do whatever he wants to and no one will hold him accountable.

I think he's a bit cruel. Sorry, just being honest :(

allfoak

Alchemist
I blame God because only he can enlighten us and he refuses to.

Then again, he doesn't have to either. He's God. He can do whatever he wants to and no one will hold him accountable.

I think he's a bit cruel. Sorry, just being honest :(
Do you know that you can believe whatever you please?
Of course you do.
But i'll bet you don't know this.
We do not believe things because they are true, things are true because we believe them.

Laika

Premium Member
Yeah...I'd probably be secular but I've experienced too many signs and coincidence in my life and experienced God enough that I couldn't be an atheist if I tried.

I'm still confused though.

I think it would take a lot to unpick those experiences as atheist or materialist even if you wanted to. I hope you find the answers and happiness you're looking for. :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You want God to speak to people? He spoke to Adam and Eve. Did they listen?
I don't even know if that literally happened. The Bible is filled with parables and symbolism and stories that didn't even literally happen.

I would do a much better job if God was speaking directly to me. I have no doubt about that. If God asked me to give away every penny to a homeless hobo, I would do it. I PROMISE!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't get it. In the Bible God constantly speaks directly and clearly to people. Why did he do that then and not today?

I don't just mean when Jesus walked the earth. The word of God constantly came to people in the Old Testament. It was clear messages and instruction given to them.

I just don't understand why he refuses to give clear messages and instruction to the average person. It would certainly increase the likelihood of people doing his will.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

What if, instead of wanting us confused, he wants us to use our ability to reason - that he gifted us with - to sort through all the nonsense?