• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God clearly wants us confused

kjw47

I challenge you to show me a bible verse that shows that god thinks free will is important. Everywhere you look in the bible god wants TOTAL OBEDIENCE, and when he doesn't get it, he brutally and mercilessly punishes the offenders. The god of the bible does not value free will. How can you think that someone who has a general policy of "Love me, worship me, obey me or ELSE!!!" values free will, or is sane?

There are but 2 paths in life
1) total obedience-- 2) sin
I see 99% doing #2-- yet are not being punished-- brutally, or mercilessly.
God is the creator--He owns 100% of all creation. He has 100% right to say what goes. Its not like he is just a total *** to all. He did many wonderful things for alls benefit, especially--free life on a silver platter--Is what he asks so much?

kjw47

Lol, really?! When did this happen? Please share your amazing evidence that will convince the world to all convert to JW's! I'm all ears!

archeologist dug up many sights and events written in the ot and proved them true.
God doesn't want--all ears--he wants--heart.

There are but 2 paths in life
1) total obedience-- 2) sin
I see 99% doing #2-- yet are not being punished-- brutally, or mercilessly.
God is the creator--He owns 100% of all creation. He has 100% right to say what goes. Its not like he is just a total *** to all. He did many wonderful things for alls benefit, especially--free life on a silver platter--Is what he asks so much?

So you can't show any bible verses that god values free will. It continues to puzzle me why Christians try to use free will to argue their faith when free will has nothing to do with Christianity.

Repox

Truth Seeker
We are confused because we don't really understand the big picture, if we did, things would be a lot easier. Even if we don't like it, an understanding may reduce a lot of cognitive dissonance about our world. I have posted this information on other threads, so I know no one likes it. God created the universe as a prison for Satan, it explains a lot about the darkness and hostility of the universe. Then, after the event, God created paradise on earth. After that, humans evolved from the fall of paradise. God decided to intervene (Bible), but it hasn't worked out, humans don't obey God's commandments. God came into the world as Jesus, but He was rejected. A lot has happened, but those are the essentials. We are confused because we don't see the big ugly picture. I think I would have to bribe someone to believe it. Oh, I almost forgot. Humans are not immortal, except for symbolic communication abilities, they are not much different than other species. Oh yes, I wish I could fly like a bird. I could see what the Russians are up to. :cool::(:eek:

I don't know for sure, but I don't think God cares as much for us as we think.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You, nor anyone else on this planet witnessed the beginning of the universe. Therefore, making proclamations about what happened billions of years ago before any witness even existed, is dishonest.
blessed are they who believe and have not seen.
so it is written

that you don't see the logic......
doesn't mean I don't

kjw47

So you can't show any bible verses that god values free will. It continues to puzzle me why Christians try to use free will to argue their faith when free will has nothing to do with Christianity.

Are you insane? God is Christianity( excluding 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian, but are owned by satan)--God gave all free will so yes it most certainly does.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Many think that exact thought--Many are in error.
How is it, you think you have defeated satan? by finding Gods truth? The Elite scholars( Gods chosen) living in Jesus day--thought that as well, yet satan owned them. How is it, you could stand against him and not be fooled?
Not all is as appears in a satan ruled system.

I believe I have Jesus living in me. He knows everything and defends me from all evil.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hearing voices in your head is evidence for schizophrenia not god.
I believe that makes everyone schizaphenic then or the person is mentally deficient. By the way the full term is paranoid schizaphrenia. On e is not termed mentally ill if one is coping well with the voices but if one fears them or obeys an evil voice there is going to be trouble.

kjw47

I believe I have Jesus living in me. He knows everything and defends me from all evil.

How come Judas fell then? How come bad teachings started entering as soon as Jesus died? How come the Israelites( Gods chosen) fell over and over? How come the wisest man on earth( Solomon) fell to false god worship at his end? How come Gods Elite king David fell and had relations with a married women and sent her husband to his planned death--Where was their protection?

With our free will, we choose the path we take--and we must choose the correct path and endure till the end walking it. Matt 10:22

Muffled

Jesus in me
How come Judas fell then? How come bad teachings started entering as soon as Jesus died? How come the Israelites( Gods chosen) fell over and over? How come the wisest man on earth( Solomon) fell to false god worship at his end? How come Gods Elite king David fell and had relations with a married women and sent her husband to his planned death--Where was their protection?

With our free will, we choose the path we take--and we must choose the correct path and endure till the end walking it. Matt 10:22

I don't believe he ever had a godly position to fall from. He was always the son of perdition.

I believe it is because not everyone is led by the Holy Spirit.

I believe it was because they were not led by the Holy Spirit.

I believe he allowed his heart to overrule his wisdom.

I believe it was because David would call upon God for guidance but was not walking with God every day.

I believe then you will fall because no-one makes the right choices. Only this way will a person escape sin: Ga 5:18 But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

kjw47

I don't believe he ever had a godly position to fall from. He was always the son of perdition.

I believe it is because not everyone is led by the Holy Spirit.

I believe it was because they were not led by the Holy Spirit.

I believe he allowed his heart to overrule his wisdom.

I believe it was because David would call upon God for guidance but was not walking with God every day.

I believe then you will fall because no-one makes the right choices. Only this way will a person escape sin: Ga 5:18 But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

2Thess 2:3= Catholicism and its 32,999 branches.
ALL lead by the spirit--are taught, serve and worship--Jesus' God= YHWH(Jehovah)

Are you insane? God is Christianity( excluding 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian, but are owned by satan)--God gave all free will so yes it most certainly does.

You have not shown that god intended to give free will or values free will. In fact, the bible clearly shows that your god wants OBEDIENCE above all things. The bible clearly details your god hardening pharaoh's heart (overriding his "free will") so he wouldn't let the slaves go. Your claim that the biblical god values free will is simply false. Nothing in the bible supports your claim.

God stated only the WICKED seek proof.

Let's change your statement so that maybe you can see just how foolish it is:

L Ron Hubbard stated only the WICKED seek proof.

Vishnu stated only the WICKED seek proof.

Zeus stated only the WICKED seek proof.

Man, you can plug just about anything into that nonsensical statement. Maybe you can explain to me how gullibility is a virtue. How do you justify mindless belief in fantastical things, without even attempting to think about how irrational the unsupported extraordinary claims are, is a virtue? If you're willing to believe anything someone tells you and you were raised Hindu instead of Christian, you would be a Hindu right now correct? If you were raised as a Scientologist you would be a Scientologist instead of a Christian correct? Because who asks for evidence and reasonable arguments to back up their beliefs? That's just crazy!

I believe that makes everyone schizaphenic then or the person is mentally deficient. By the way the full term is paranoid schizaphrenia. On e is not termed mentally ill if one is coping well with the voices but if one fears them or obeys an evil voice there is going to be trouble.

So you agree that schizophrenia is a mental disorder that has nothing to do with spirits and the supernatural?

kjw47

You have not shown that god intended to give free will or values free will. In fact, the bible clearly shows that your god wants OBEDIENCE above all things. The bible clearly details your god hardening pharaoh's heart (overriding his "free will") so he wouldn't let the slaves go. Your claim that the biblical god values free will is simply false. Nothing in the bible supports your claim.

At Joshua 4:15--it clearly teaches--we must CHOOSE( WITH THE USE OF FREE WILL) TO serve God.
We could not choose without free will. Adam and Eve chose to rebel against God by excercising--free will.

kjw47

Man, you can plug just about anything into that nonsensical statement. Maybe you can explain to me how gullibility is a virtue. How do you justify mindless belief in fantastical things, without even attempting to think about how irrational the unsupported extraordinary claims are, is a virtue? If you're willing to believe anything someone tells you and you were raised Hindu instead of Christian, you would be a Hindu right now correct? If you were raised as a Scientologist you would be a Scientologist instead of a Christian correct? Because who asks for evidence and reasonable arguments to back up their beliefs? That's just crazy!

Fact--EVERYONE on earth that actually loves God

God requires faith. Fact.

At Joshua 4:15--it clearly teaches--we must CHOOSE( WITH THE USE OF FREE WILL) TO serve God..

Telling someone they MUST serve an invisible entitiy or be punished (say, like, being thrown into a furnace) is a threat. A threat that is not backed by evidence or reason. That threats are being made is a clear indication that obedience is favored over "free will". I don't expect you to understand that or to actually give my arguments any honest consideration, since you have completely bought into your flavor of the Abrahamic god thing.

We could not choose without free will. Adam and Eve chose to rebel against God by excercising--free will.

You have not shown that god intended to give "free will" and his actions, as depicted in the bible, clearly show he does not value "free will" in his creations.