• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God clearly wants us confused

kjw47

Telling someone they MUST serve an invisible entitiy or be punished (say, like, being thrown into a furnace) is a threat. A threat that is not backed by evidence or reason. That threats are being made is a clear indication that obedience is favored over "free will". I don't expect you to understand that or to actually give my arguments any honest consideration, since you have completely bought into your flavor of the Abrahamic god thing.

You have not shown that god intended to give "free will" and his actions, as depicted in the bible, clearly show he does not value "free will" in his creations.

ARE YOU BLIND??? No one could have rebelled in Eden without free will. He does value it as long as its used properly.

kjw47

Could you rephrase that, it doesn't make any sense.

Believing in god concepts that are not supported by actual evidence and sound reasoning do in fact require faith. You have yet to show why having mindless faith in a supernatural god concept is a good thing however.

If you don't know God is there--that is very sad--no one can help you but God. And he doesn't seem to want to. He reads hearts. He requires faith. He assuredly spoke against those who demand proof.

If you don't know God is there--that is very sad--no one can help you but God. And he doesn't seem to want to. He reads hearts. He requires faith. He assuredly spoke against those who demand proof.

Why do you think I would care about your god that I don't believe in any more than you care about every god you don't believe in?

You also dodged my question. How is blind belief in something for which no evidence exists a good thing? If your next door neighbor took to wearing tin foil hats to protect himself from the aliens, would you think his beliefs were rational/sane? If you say no, then why is his completely unsupported beliefs irrational yet your completely unsupported beliefs are? If you say yes, than you are a very strange person or more likely, a dishonest person.

kjw47

Then it should have been easy for you to present bible verses that clearly show god intended to give us free will and views free will as a positive trait. Yet, you were unable to do so.

Everyone on earth already knows its fact. Why don't you---just so you can stand in opposition and live up to your under name.

kjw47

Why do you think I would care about your god that I don't believe in any more than you care about every god you don't believe in?

You also dodged my question. How is blind belief in something for which no evidence exists a good thing? If your next door neighbor took to wearing tin foil hats to protect himself from the aliens, would you think his beliefs were rational/sane? If you say no, then why is his completely unsupported beliefs irrational yet your completely unsupported beliefs are? If you say yes, than you are a very strange person or more likely, a dishonest person.

I do believe in all of the false gods-- it is satan posing as all of them to get worship. To keep mortals blinded to truth.2Cor 4:4

I do believe in all of the false gods-- it is satan posing as all of them to get worship. To keep mortals blinded to truth.2Cor 4:4

You still dodged my question. Why is someone else's blind faith in another god irrational but somehow your blind faith is rational? Both of you have zero evidence to believe what you believe. So how do you justify YOUR blind faith? How do you know you're not worshipping the satan of another religion that is the true religion?

Everyone on earth already knows its fact. Why don't you---just so you can stand in opposition and live up to your under name.

Nothing in the bible shows that god intended to give us free will or that he values free will in his creations. That is a FACT. The primary message of the bible is that the bible god wants blind obedience above all else. That is a FACT also.

kjw47

You still dodged my question. Why is someone else's blind faith in another god irrational but somehow your blind faith is rational? Both of you have zero evidence to believe what you believe. So how do you justify YOUR blind faith? How do you know you're not worshipping the satan of another religion that is the true religion?

My faith isn't blind--I believed Jesus over dogmas. Once one does that--God makes sure you know he is there.

kjw47

Nothing in the bible shows that god intended to give us free will or that he values free will in his creations. That is a FACT. The primary message of the bible is that the bible god wants blind obedience above all else. That is a FACT also.

God wants--ALL to use their free will to choose to love him and listen to him. Otherwise we would be robots-that is what God did not want.
Without God giving it all to all--no one has a thing or would ever be born--Is loving him and listening to him too much to ask of us?

Muffled

Jesus in me
2Thess 2:3= Catholicism and its 32,999 branches.
ALL lead by the spirit--are taught, serve and worship--Jesus' God= YHWH(Jehovah)

I believe that is something you can't prove. It is nothing more than superstitious bias.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you agree that schizophrenia is a mental disorder that has nothing to do with spirits and the supernatural?

I do not agree. The mental disorder is not being able to cope with it.

For instance I have an extremely bad short term memory and if that bothers me enough I cope with it by writing things down.

kjw47

I believe that is something you can't prove. It is nothing more than superstitious bias.

the bible proves it---it condemns the usage of statues, carved images, icons---every catholic church is loaded to the hilt with all 3.
Catholicism teachers allowed catholic young men to kill catholic young men( allies) for Adolf Hitler--is that enough of a clue?
Anyone who knows Jesus, knows 100% he would never condone the brothers in Christ to stand on both sides of wars of hatred blowing each others heads off. They feared a man more than God to accomplish such an atrocity in the name of Jesus. It dragged Jesus name through the mud.

My faith isn't blind--I believed Jesus over dogmas. Once one does that--God makes sure you know he is there.

If Jesus showed up in person and did miracles for you that you witnessed with your own eyes than sure, your faith is not blind. If you believe in Jesus because someone told you to and/or because you like the stories about him in the bible than your faith is blind.

God wants--ALL to use their free will to choose to love him and listen to him.

The biblical god wants us all to be mindlessly loyal slaves, yes.

Otherwise we would be robots-that is what God did not want.

The biblical god wants us all to be mindlessly obedient, unquestioning slaves to his will. He demanded Abraham to kill his own son to prove his loyalty for crying out load. So what is the difference between an unquestioning slave that would kill his own family for his master and a robot?

Without God giving it all to all--no one has a thing or would ever be born--Is loving him and listening to him too much to ask of us?

The bible god felt regret after killing everone except Noah and his family, which shows that the bible god is clearly capable of making mistakes. The bible makes no mention that god intended to give us free will. In contrast god made pharoah not release the slaves by hardening his heart, overriding pharoah's free will so he can show off how powerful he is. The god of the bible isn't much different than any other god worshipped by ancient man in that era in that part of the world. A destructive, wrathful, being that does as it pleases with humanity and we have no choice but to obey the dictators demands or face his wrath.

I do not agree. The mental disorder is not being able to cope with it.

For instance I have an extremely bad short term memory and if that bothers me enough I cope with it by writing things down.

The only problem with your beliefs is that they don't mesh with reality. I had a friend in High School who was kind of a wild card and would sometimes do crazy things for no reason. Turned out he heard voices daring him to do things. He's been on medication for years and doesn't hear the voices anymore, and is a better adjusted person. Why would pharmaceuticals be effective against supernatural forces? The obvious answer is that there is no supernatural cause for these disorders. It's all biology and chemistry.

kjw47

The biblical god wants us all to be mindlessly loyal slaves, yes.

The biblical god wants us all to be mindlessly obedient, unquestioning slaves to his will. He demanded Abraham to kill his own son to prove his loyalty for crying out load. So what is the difference between an unquestioning slave that would kill his own family for his master and a robot?

The bible god felt regret after killing everone except Noah and his family, which shows that the bible god is clearly capable of making mistakes. The bible makes no mention that god intended to give us free will. In contrast god made pharoah not release the slaves by hardening his heart, overriding pharoah's free will so he can show off how powerful he is. The god of the bible isn't much different than any other god worshipped by ancient man in that era in that part of the world. A destructive, wrathful, being that does as it pleases with humanity and we have no choice but to obey the dictators demands or face his wrath.

God, created everything, he owns it all --lock, stock and barrel--he has 100% right to say what goes.
He killed the wicked.

kjw47

If Jesus showed up in person and did miracles for you that you witnessed with your own eyes than sure, your faith is not blind. If you believe in Jesus because someone told you to and/or because you like the stories about him in the bible than your faith is blind.

There is no other kind of faith today. But I know for sure. God reveals himself to those that choose to love him and listen to him.
Dictators do not hand free life to anyone--and create variety in all things for our enjoyment. God created us to know only good, to live forever--the 3 rebels in Eden caused this system. Gods plan has not been altered-- The(new) earth is where the righteous will dwell. Its not heaven or hell as ones end like the false teachers teach.