• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God before the universe

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Since abrahamic god is eternal, what was he doing before he created the universe, including heaven and hell?

I guess he was just sitting there looking like that one guy from FMA.

This guy:
poster,220x200,ffffff-pad,220x200,ffffff.u5.jpg

Seriously though, it probably would have really been something like that.
Being all powerful would mean lots of free time, an eternity of it, actually.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Since abrahamic god is eternal, what was he doing before he created the universe, including heaven and hell?
I do believe we just discover a drop universe, this is just a tiny part of what God created.what actualy exit we don't discover yet, and we will not discover all of it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
One version is that the Hindu God got tired of being alone (I do not know how long was that period. You see, a trillion human years could just be a moment for Lord Vishnu). So he said 'Ekoham bahusyami' (I am one, I will be many). That created the universe and what it contains.

David T

Premium Member
685525b02415f8941d409ec00ef4f14e.jpg

BY HISSELF

Oh. That's just projection. Factually he was flirting with psyche promising her a universe of she slept with him. Photos Dont lie!!!!

Attachments

• artgustavklimtpanandpsyche.jpg
    artgustavklimtpanandpsyche.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 76

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you believe that our universe and the Christian otherworlds called "heaven" and "hell" are the only worlds out there? I don't. Then again, I also don't believe in the Christian god in any way that matters, so I don't particularly care about the answer to this question.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
she/he was was recreating him/her.

the form is impermanent, the action is permanent.

manvantara

the end is at the beginning. I AM alpha and omega.

(18) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us how our end will be."
Jesus said, "Have you discovered, then, the beginning, that you look for the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who will take his place in the beginning; he will know the end and will not experience death."

The concept of "before" assumes that time, whether or not there was space, existed before time existed. Time is relative to energy of motion and potential energy that are both connected to space and require space to exist so the question of time before time began or time without time is meaningless because it contradicts itself.
The idea that God is eternal means outside of time and it is difficult if not impossible to model it with our imaginations.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why are you sexist:eek:
Shoudabin it'sself
Hmmm. I just go by what the Christians call god. "Our Father who art in heaven . . . . " But hey, if you've got evidence to the contrary please share.

Last edited: