• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Evolution

dad

Undefeated
We have been over this. Belief is not worth very much. It is knowledge that matters. You let your own biases control your beliefs too much, that is shown by your inability to support your claims. You have to go so far as to deny reality to maintain your beliefs.

And before you can demand any evidence from others you need to explain how you would test your beliefs. If you cannot test your beliefs they are pretty much worthless. And please, do not lie about others. Just because you do not understand the tests of others does not make them invalid. How about just a smidge of honesty? If your God is real he would probably approve.
So Now, rather than produce this test of past nature you just claimed to have...we see you have nothing at all! Instead you ask me how we would test it!!

Then you proceed to pretend science has these tests and that I am somehow lying about them!!!! Hilarious.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So Now, rather than produce this test of past nature you just claimed to have...we see you have nothing at all! Instead you ask me how we would test it!!

Then you proceed to pretend science has these tests and that I am somehow lying about them!!!! Hilarious.

I said that I would, but if you cannot be honest there is not much point to it. You do not have the best history when it comes to that. You meanwhile have been making countless claims, just about all of them appear to be bogus. I merely asked you a more than reasonable question to see if you could be honest. Sadly the answer appears to be "No".

Tell me, if you cannot properly discuss evidence why should anyone give any to you?

And you may not be lying, but that is only due to your truly amazing self-imposed ignorance. The "fishbowl" that you talk of all of the time is the one that you put yourself into.

dad

Undefeated
I said that I would, but if you cannot be honest there is not much point to it. You do not have the best history when it comes to that. You meanwhile have been making countless claims, just about all of them appear to be bogus. I merely asked you a more than reasonable question to see if you could be honest. Sadly the answer appears to be "No".

Tell me, if you cannot properly discuss evidence why should anyone give any to you?

And you may not be lying, but that is only due to your truly amazing self-imposed ignorance. The "fishbowl" that you talk of all of the time is the one that you put yourself into.
Haha

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You keep leaning on others, but rarely if ever do I see evidence of proof from supporters of the evolution theory here.

Plenty of people, including myself, have brought plenty of evidence to your attention.

Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

Along with that, I see no proof beyond a reasonable doubt so far.

Scientific theories don't deal in proof, only in evidence.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I can't answer that question until I know what fossil evidence you're talking about and how and why you and others say it fits into the theory.

Here's an example: Tiktaalik

https://tiktaalik.uchicago.edu/searching4Tik.html

It was found by prediction. And the prediction was done based on the theory of evolution, what we know about evolutionary history, about geology, about paleontology, etc. So really, the prediction aas a team effort of multiple independent fields of science.

They went to the predicted rocks, dug down and found the exact fossil that the theories predicted they would find.

Is that evidence in support of evolution, yes or no, and justify your answer.

By the way, can you just give one point or piece of evidence of evolution that has been presented to me?

I just did. I posted this very link multiple times already. And if memory serves me right, I don't remember you properly addressing it even only once.

But I do hope you don't present the phylogenetic tree as evidence.

Why not? To devastating to your case?
Too hard to argue against from your dogmatic religious standpoint?

I'll look for your answer.

Somehow, I doubt that you will address the finding of Tiktaalik by prediction this time.
You didn't address it the previous couple times I posted it, why would this time by any different, right?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
"Scientific evidence "

Does Science support "Atheism", please?
If yes, then please quote from a text book of Science or from a peer-reviewed article published in a reputed journal of Science where such positive proofs/evidences have been given that "G-d does not exist".

Regards

1. atheism is not the claim "god does not exist", but rather the position of "i see no reason to believe a god exists" or "I am unconvinced of the claim that a god exists". These are not synonymous claims.

2. yes, science supports atheism, in the sense that science also is unaware of any evidence in support of gods meaning that out of scientific inquiry also comes no reason to accept god claims. Which, just as 1), does not mean that gods don't exist or that it can be asserted that gods don't exist. And the same goes for undetectable pixies.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
"Atheism needs no support" (from Science).

So Atheism neither has basis in Revelation nor in Science. It may/must be whimsical , mythical and or superstitious. Right, please?

Regards

Do you not understand what a "null hypothesis" is?

Do you require evidence "in support" of your disbelief of scientology? Or concerning your disbelief of bigfoot or alien abduction?

Ever heared of the burden of proof?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
"atheism is the starting point"
Is it from Science that "atheism is the starting point" please?

No, from reason.
The default is not to accept any claim anyone utters.
The default is disbelief until the burden of proof of said claim has been met.

Let's have an example:
I saw a Jessica Alba movie last night. An hour into the movie, the image froze and Alba crawled out of the TV screen. We had some wine and then sex. Afterwards, she crawled back into the TV and the movies started playing again.

Do you believe me?
Why not?
Why isn't the default stance to believe my claim, until proven false?

If not, then it is again whimsical, mythical and or superstitious.

Not accepting faith based claims, is the opposite of "mythical and superstitious". :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, from reason.
The default is not to accept any claim anyone utters.
The default is disbelief until the burden of proof of said claim has been met.

Let's have an example:
I saw a Jessica Alba movie last night. An hour into the movie, the image froze and Alba crawled out of the TV screen. We had some wine and then sex. Afterwards, she crawled back into the TV and the movies started playing again.

Do you believe me?
Why not?
Why isn't the default stance to believe my claim, until proven false?

Not accepting faith based claims, is the opposite of "mythical and superstitious". :rolleyes:
Hey! That happened to me the other night too!

What a @&@$!

dad

Undefeated
[QUOTE="TagliatelliMonster, post: 6301075, member: [/QUOTE]

Not accepting faith based claims, is the opposite of "mythical and superstitious". :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] I do not accept the same nature in the past faith based claims of science.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Plenty of people, including myself, have brought plenty of evidence to your attention.

Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

Scientific theories don't deal in proof, only in evidence.
I don't see the evidence produced so far that is proving the theory. Now if you want to say that there is a theory, and evidence of the theory, frankly speaking, I don't see any evidence of whatever (not proof?) of the theory. Or theories. Of evolution. Evidence (such as a fossilized skull) may seem to fit into the theory, but since the theory basically works on micro and macro changes (i.e., evolution), I don't see the evidence of that. Something isn't right with the theory. Here's why: since there is no micro or macro evidence of the theory in material substance meaning fossils showing these distinct absolute changes in progress, and since you say that the theories don't deal in proof, only evidence, it's like me seeing a dog and its theoretical predecessor (apparently they say dogs came from wolves), and then saying, well that's evidence that the dog evolved from wolves, is that something on the phylogenetic tree. (See? I remembered the term...maybe because I think the tree is kind of cute, even if I think it's not true.)
Now realizing that you don't like my uneducated terminology, and also realizing I am not majoring in the theory and fitting any supposed evidence of the theory in place as some do, I still hope you understand my point, even if you don't agree with it.

YoursTrue

Your trail laughter does not cover up your fear.

Why are you so afraid? Do you say in your secret heart "There is no God" ?
P.S. In reference to mankind's written history, I find it interesting that there are no historical records (written) before about 5,000 years ago. Why is that interesting? Because mankind, according to evolutionists, has been around for about 200,000 years in its present homo sapien form. But only in the past 5,000 or so years has writing been around. Odd, very odd. No evidence of writing before that. Amazing. So in all those few hundreds of thousands of years mankind supposedly existed, about let's see -- 194,000 years passed with no writing. That's something. What's the theory about that?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
P.S. In reference to mankind's written history, I find it interesting that there are no historical records (written) before about 5,000 years ago. Why is that interesting? Because mankind, according to evolutionists, has been around for about 200,000 years in its present homo sapien form. But only in the past 5,000 or so years has writing been around. Odd, very odd. No evidence of writing before that. Amazing. So in all those few hundreds of thousands of years mankind supposedly existed, about let's see -- 194,000 years passed with no writing. That's something. :) What's the theory about that?

Why do you think that is at all significant? Until writing was invented knowledge could not accumulate.

YoursTrue

Why do you think that is at all significant? Until writing was invented knowledge could not accumulate.
So did humans (do you think/imagine/surmise?) not have the ability or need o write in order to communicate all those approximately 200,000 years they supposedly have been around? One might really have to think (believe) they must have been kind of dumb for all those many, many years to not have invented writing. Have any intermediary life forms, particular in the way of apes, developed writing? By the way, writing has to be taught by another, insofar as I know. Maybe there's evidence of feral children or adults figuring out how to write, that you know of?
G'nite.