• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Evolution

firedragon

Veteran Member
Really?

Particulars?

One book I have read fully is Al Mukaddima by Ibn Khaldun. Though he is believes in creation, he explicitly believes in evolution right at the beginning chapter of the book. He even speaks of monkeys and human evolution from them. Thats just a snippet.

Audie

Veteran Member
One book I have read fully is Al Mukaddima by Ibn Khaldun. Though he is believes in creation, he explicitly believes in evolution right at the beginning chapter of the book. He even speaks of monkeys and human evolution from them. Thats just a snippet.
Cool. What year?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was not doubting it, sounds interesting
Okay, that sounds reasonable. At any rate I found at least one:

"The 14th-century influential historiographer and historian Ibn Khaldun wrote the Muqaddimah or Prolegomena ("Introduction") on what he referred to as the "gradual process of creation." He stated that the Earth began with abiotic components such as "minerals." Slowly, primitive stages of plants such as "herbs and seedless plants" developed and eventually "palms and vines." Khaldun connects the later stages of plant development to the first stages of animal development. Finally, he claims that the greater thought capabilities of human beings was "reached from the world of the monkeys."[25]"

Islamic views on evolution - Wikipedia

EDIT: LOL, too late. I see that @firedragon already cited this particular Muslim.

ecco

Veteran Member
Theories remain theories until they are proven
You reject the accumulated knowledge of mankind because it's not proven.
You accept the writings of someone from 1500 years ago because your parents accepted them because their parents accepted them because...

If you had been born in Kentucky you would probably accept the Bible for the same reasons.

ecco

Veteran Member
I believe as a Christian I don't buy that man has evolved from apes.
Well, that's good. Neither do I. Neither do scientists. Neither do Christians who believe in Evolution.

However, if you think the Theory of Evolution says that man evolved from apes, then whoever taught you was either a liar or ignorant or an ignorant liar.

ecco

Veteran Member
I want access to the evidence to believe Darwin's theory at all

Evolution For Dummies by Greg Krukonis
Evolution For Dummies
(Dummies)
by
Greg Krukonis,

Tracy Barr
3.86 · Rating details · 70 ratings · 12 reviews
Today, most colleges and universities offer evolutionary study as part of their biology curriculums. Evolution For Dummies will track a class in which evolution is taught and give an objective scientific view of the subject. This balanced guide explores the history and future of evolution, explaining the concepts and science behind it, offering case studies that support it​

You have access to all the evidence.
How many papers have you read?
Did you get the education necessary to understand the papers?
Have you taken any college level courses on evolutionary studies?

You haven't. You won't You'll just continue to make self serving comments about lack of evidence.