• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gnostic Atheism and its gods

questfortruth

In the world, theologians counted many thousands of gods. In what sense do "gnostic atheists" say there is no God?

Common opinion: "To be an atheist, it is enough to have a lack of belief in just one of the gods. If you do not believe in 3505 gods, and the other does not believe in 3506 gods, there is a difference only of half a percent."

But there is a non-zero difference. The difference in one God is very significant. It is not the question of one drop of water in the ocean. It is not water, but Almighty God. Just one God is well enough.

One should not be ashamed of own god: "Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them" Luke 9:26. For the knowledge of man is defined as what his god tells him. The God of Atheists tells them (lies to them) that there is no god.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In the world, theologians counted many thousands of gods. In what sense do "gnostic atheists" say there is no God?

Common opinion: "To be an atheist, it is enough to have a lack of belief in just one of the gods. If you do not believe in 3505 gods, and the other does not believe in 3506 gods, there is a difference only of half a percent."

But there is a non-zero difference. The difference in one God is very significant. It is not the question of one drop of water in the ocean. It is not water, but Almighty God. Just one God is well enough.

One should not be ashamed of own god: "Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them" Luke 9:26. For the knowledge of man is defined as what his god tells him. The God of Atheists tells them (lies to them) that there is no god.
There is no God in atheism, Gnostic atheist mean 100% certain there is no God or gods.

Agnostic means it could be, but there is no evidence to say for certain.

You keep mixing God in to Atheism :confused: i dont know why.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Transgender woman is 100% sure, he is a woman. Because his god has told him, what he is a woman.
Huh? That make no sense.
Ask any Transgender person "have God told you to be transgender?"

The answer is 99.99%sure non of them would say, Yes God told me.

What does transgender has to do with Atheism?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Life in not what it seems. Never come to mind, that there are lies?
@questfortruth it does not matter to an atheist that you or I do believe God exists and help us.
The Atheist do not believe in the existence of any God.
It has nothing to do with the "atheist must lie" just because they do not believe.

Theism =Belief in A God
Atheism = No belief in existence of any God

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There is no God in atheism, Gnostic atheist mean 100%certain there is no God or gods.

Agnostic means it could be, but there is no evidence to say for certain.

You keep mixing God in to Atheism :confused: i dont know why.

Correct but there are some people, particularly funnimentalist who cannot comprehend or accept that people can have no believe in their god so they make up nonsense to massage their belief and make themselves feel better

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Charles Darwin has enough authority, that his "man from monkey" theory has won.
Darvinism is just one Answer
Faith and belief is an other way to understand.

Would it not be more easy for you to just accept other people do not see truth exactly as you do? People are different with different answers to their questions

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

What do you mean, "in what sense"?
"there are no gods" - Which of those words are confusing you?

One should not be ashamed of own god: "Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them" Luke 9:26. For the knowledge of man is defined as what his god tells him.

You're all over the place again, except on point.

The God of Atheists tells them (lies to them) that there is no god.

:rolleyes:

There are no gods in atheism.