• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Warming?

gnostic

The Lost One
As are 99% of the species that ever lived. Are you suggesting we've been going through this climate change for 6 billion years?

Climate certainly goes up and down, but as I understand it, the current mantra is that it will kill us all if we don't act. I'm just saying that is not true and there is no need to worry. Seeding and harvesting will go on.

Part of the problems are people destroying large regions of rainforest, making space for farmers to grow crops, or to enlarge cities. It upset the earth natural ecosystems. Humans have done so much over-exploitation of the natural resources that are not only wasteful, they don’t give anything back to nature.

Take growing crops for instance, the overuse of the soils, especially the topsoils, often leads to rise of acidity and salinity in soil, thereby rendering the overuse of soil to desertification.

At the rate of human exploitation of natural resources, the Earth have no time to recover the ecosystem, because the resources have been reduced to waste.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Remember the ozone layer? The science was crystal clear that it was going away and we'd all die. Turns out 2019 showed the smallest hole in recorded history.
There was a hole. Humans actions caused the hole. Then human actions repaired the hole.
Were you not aware of this?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Climate certainly goes up and down, but as I understand it, the current mantra is that it will kill us all if we don't act. I'm just saying that is not true and there is no need to worry. Seeding and harvesting will go on.
It doesn't have to kill us all to be incredibly dangerous and costly. If we don't act it will cost us much more as a panetary civilisation than if we do.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
God made a promise to Noah right after the flood abated.

Gen 8:22,

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.​
I don't see climate change there. No need to fear, God is here!

"Climate change" - the fulfillment of "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a mighty roar and the elements will be dissolved by fire, and the earth and everything done on it will be found out."

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.​
Good to know that there will be no end of times.

Ciao

- viole

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Humans caused the current trend in global warming. God created our physical existence, and yes humans can and do screw things up.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Remember the ozone layer? The science was crystal clear that it was going away and we'd all die. Turns out 2019 showed the smallest hole in recorded history.

The ozone layer is cyclic and changes from year to year. Your data is selective and incomplete and based on your bias. Here is the real current data. Mote the cyclic nature and the increase over recent history in the reference.

The largest historical extent of the ozone hole — 28.4 million km² — occurred in September 2000. This area is equivalent to almost seven times the territory of the EU. In late September 2022, the Antarctic ozone hole reached its maximum area of 24.5 million km².

ChieftheCef

What you have to realize is that god is a perverted by greed Atum of the Khemet (Egyptians). Watch.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRDWN-pcFE&t=161s

ChieftheCef

What I know is that many people are afraid of climate change. I also know it is not necessary to be afraid. That's all I'm saying.

I think it amazing that, from a simple short 3 paragraph post, you know what I know and what I don't know.
Except the smart among us realize that's not what you're saying, you're trying to plant seeds of doubt that the weather is changing of which we all see with our eyes. If you weren't low brow you'd see how wrong you are and quit your bull****. I'm amazed at how intellectually dishonest, or even funnier just plain stupid, you are for thinking a person actually supports a whole worldview with only what they say in one post.