• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glen Beck is a genius, honestly.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
We need not even mention what his neo-con demographic audience thinks of his shows. We need only to focus on the liberals. When liberals watch his shows or, more likely, see bits of it on youtube or on other non-FOX shows, they cringe and feel sharp pains. Glen Beck's job then is done.

Glen Beck is a true genius. Regardless of whether he even believes in half the things that comes out of his mouth is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that he knows how to play the game. With every ridiculous pseudo-scholarly constitutional lecture and with every blackboard drawing and bits of tears he cries as he proclaims his love for America, he can count on liberal's repulsed reaction to transform his utter demagogue into credible news. It's the liberal's reaction and immediate disgust that turns Beck's ordinary message into a credible source of news and somehow establishes him as an authority figure to the conservatives on the other side of the highly polarized political lines.

Beck can say any crazy things, relying only on the liberal's trash-talk to validate his message to his conservative audience. The more liberals get vocal and opposed to Beck on the news and media, the more popular and authoritative this joker becomes.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The same holds true for Sarah Palin. The more the Liberals balk, the more I like her.

The truth of the matter is, I believe they are both bat poop crazy. The truth however changes very little in light of every time Sarah backs a candidate it has the opposite affect of when Obama does it.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.

LittlePinky82

The same holds true for Sarah Palin. The more the Liberals balk, the more I like her.

The truth of the matter is, I believe they are both bat poop crazy. The truth however changes very little in light of every time Sarah backs a candidate it has the opposite affect of when Obama does it.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.

That's not very intelligent thing to do. Honestly, and I'm not a liberal, but I don't pay attention to either of them. I've got better things to do than to waste my time on those two idiots.

LittlePinky82

I think it speaks more about the general stupidity of people, than his genius.

Yep. I find it hilarious so many right wing Christian's are flocking to Glen Beck while also claiming to not support Mormons. Doy. They're giving a Mormon so much money and air time. :facepalm: The most I may think about this idiot is in discussions like this and that's like what, half a minute at the most?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Yep. I find it hilarious so many right wing Christian's are flocking to Glen Beck while also claiming to not support Mormons. Doy. They're giving a Mormon so much money and air time. :facepalm: The most I may think about this idiot is in discussions like this and that's like what, half a minute at the most?

Mormons are Christians, want to try again?

Dunemeister

That depends on how you define Christian. Most Christians in the historical church traditions (who know at least a little about theology) would say that Mormons are (mis)appropriating the label. Mormons, of course, disagree, saying that the historical churches are (or have been) so corrupted that they themselves no longer qualify as Christian, whereas the Mormon church(es) are a necessary corrective or restoration of God's original intention for the church. And so it goes, round and round, world without end. It seems only outsiders, who aren't as knowledgeable about the debates involved (and naturally don't care as much as those inside) think, "Meh, same same."

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
That depends on how you define Christian. Most Christians in the historical church traditions (who know at least a little about theology) would say that Mormons are (mis)appropriating the label. Mormons, of course, disagree, saying that the historical churches are (or have been) so corrupted that they themselves no longer qualify as Christian, whereas the Mormon church(es) are a necessary corrective or restoration of God's original intention for the church. And so it goes, round and round, world without end. It seems only outsiders, who aren't as knowledgeable about the debates involved (and naturally don't care as much as those inside) think, "Meh, same same."

I love the Mormons. You can talk about their religion all you want, but take a look at how they live their lives, it speaks volumes.

I don't want to be put in a position of speaking for the Mormon faith, but it is my understanding that they believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour. I believe that qualifies as being Christian.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I think it speaks more about the general stupidity of people, than his genius.

Yeah. Also, I don't think it takes a genius to do what he does. He is good at what he does, sure, but he's not especially smart or crafty. It's easy to play on people's emotions. I mean, in a time when a show like Jersey Shore is popular, it doesn't take much to make a name for yourself. You just have to be willing to be an idiot and give up all of your dignity and respect, and sell out. Beck has those things down pat.

LittlePinky82

Personally I don't care either way. Doesn't matter to me since I'm a gnostic Christian so I don't have any room to talk. What I was saying was how a lot of the people in the conservative side don't think of Mormons as Christian because of some stuff they believe isn't exactly in the Bible. Like it doesn't mention about Jesus and Satan being brothers. So that was my point.

LittlePinky82

I love the Mormons. You can talk about their religion all you want, but take a look at how they live their lives, it speaks volumes.

I don't want to be put in a position of speaking for the Mormon faith, but it is my understanding that they believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour. I believe that qualifies as being Christian.

Like Glenn Beck? Please. He's a known liar. Heck he got caught lying about something so ridiculous at his recent little speech nonsense where he talked about actually holding the first inaugural of George Washington and people knew he was lying and called him out on it. Instead of admitting and owning up to it he's joking about it and being a snarky douche bag. You actually have to follow Jesus's teachings as well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

The left's obsession with Palin mystifies me. Here she is, a good look'n piece of fluff, not holding or running for any office, no talk show....essentially
a political gadfly who once ran for VP. Yet the real VP blathers & blunders about with nary a peep from those who should be trumpeting his achievements
or excusing his peccadilloes. So confusing that they see her as such a threat. I must be dumb as a box of rocks....something even Pinkerton might agree with.

Beck is interesting too. I regularly hear about from lefty friends (yes, even I have friends) about Beck's terrible sins. When I ask if he really said exactly
the terrible things repeated to me, I find that they don't actually listen to Beck, but rather they repeat what they read in the NYT, WaPo or HuffPo. They
don't even know what they know.

Last edited:

RedNeill

Politically Charged
It's the liberal's reaction and immediate disgust that turns Beck's ordinary message into a credible source of news and somehow establishes him as an authority figure to the conservatives on the other side of the highly polarized political lines.

I certainly agree with the phenomena but isn't it sad that because the Left show a passionate disliking for a man for his conservative views, the Right suddenly think this means the man is someone to admire?

Its also a sorry state for a democracy whenever this phenomena actually affects how people vote. If a voter casts his vote based on how much the opposite line dislikes a candidate then surely this is a wasted vote?
I can understand why Glenn Beck acts like this because it is a form of control to persuade citizens (without solid facts) that his point of view is correct, but people should vote based on their own views and opinions not ones that are feed to them by biased talk show hosts.

LittlePinky82

The left's obsession with Palin mystifies me. Here she is, a good look'n piece of fluff, not holding or running for any office, no talk show....essentially
a political gadfly who once ran for VP. Yet the real VP blathers & blunders about with nary a peep from those who should be trumpeting his achievements
or excusing his peccadilloes. So confusing that they see her as such a threat. I must be dumb as a box of rocks....something even Pinkerton might agree with.

You're joking if you think the people on the left are obsessed with Sarah Palin. She's a joke. A laughing stock. Have you ever heard any liberal radio programs where Palin is talked about? As someone who listens to at least three liberal radio programs on a regular basis every time she's brought up it's to make fun of her. Whether it's how she speaks with her grammar or her voice or something else ridiculous mocking her. So it shows me you know jack about what "the left" feels about Sarah Palin. As Stephanie Miller always says: yes please run Sarah Palin. The left is oh so scared!! (sarcasm) And if you're going to talk about me at least get my screen name right instead of being a douche.

Beck is interesting too. I regularly hear about from lefty friends (yes, even I have friends) about Beck's terrible sins. When I ask if he really said exactly
the terrible things repeated to me, I find that they don't actually listen to Beck, but rather they repeat what they read in the NYT, WaPo or HuffPo. They
don't even know what they know.
And you obviously don't know what you don't know just as my response proved in your first paragraph. And all you have to do with Glenn Beck is go to Media Matters website. All they do is post actual transcripts and you can read it for yourself. It's not that difficult. You act like it's some hard task. :rolleyes: On edit you really should stop acting like you know what goes on with "the left." I've seen you claim numerous times that because you supposedly have some left wing sided friends that some how means you know what goes on with the "left." It's obvious from your posts that you are clueless and should stop embarrassing yourself. It's pathetic that you show how clueless you are such as with "the left" and Sarah Palin. Everyone I know on the left, which is a lot more than you since I am on the left, doesn't think Sarah Palin is going to run for president at all. She's a joke. She's a quitter. Heck it's even a joke she's a twitter quitter.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're joking if you think the people on the left are obsessed with Sarah Palin. She's a joke. A laughing stock. Have you ever heard any liberal radio programs where Palin is talked about?

Yes, on NPR.

As someone who listens to at least three liberal radio programs on a regular basis every time she's brought up it's to make fun of her.
Say whuh? You say they aren't obsessed, & then you describe the nature of their obsession.

Whether it's how she speaks with her grammar or her voice or something else ridiculous mocking her. So it shows me you know jack about what "the left" feels about Sarah Palin.
Well,duh! You're just now figgering out that my post was all about my lack of understanding?

As Stephanie Miller always says: yes please run Sarah Palin. The left is oh so scared!! (sarcasm) And if you're going to talk about me at least get my screen name right instead of being a douche.
I thought that since you continually call me names (eg, see above), that you were inviting me to grace you with a nickname.
"Pinkerton" is perfect, given that agency's abusive conduct in days of yore. If you don't like hornets, you shouldn't poke their
nests with a stick & then complain about a little sting.
I offer an olive branch - stop calling me "douch", "idiot", etc, & I will be equally generous. Fair, eh?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't think it's Beck himself, but the people who put him on the air that are the smart ones. Glen Beck is a massive credibility liability (although that doesn't stop Fox), he says some very outrageous things, some very stupid things, lies here and there, and would single handedly destroy any lesser News company. But the people in charge know he gets ratings, he gets his message out, and people watch. They don't care who is watching, just as long as they are watching. A larger audience means more people that can be advertised to, which means they can get more from sponsors. And he must pull enough to have made up for the numerous sponsors he lost after his remarks about Obama being racist. A larger audience also means more publicity, which in the long run makes more money.
Glen Beck is a bumbling idiot. But he is a gold mine that Fox News got ahold of.

LittlePinky82

Yes, on NPR.

You think NPR is "the left"?? LOL. Try listening to the Young Turks, Thom Hartmann, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Stephanie Miller, Mike Malloy, Bob Kincaid. Heck even Ed Schultz is more left than NPR which isn't saying much.

Say whuh? You say they aren't obsessed, & then you describe the nature of their obsession.
Do you know the definition of "obsession"? Do I need to get a dictionary definition for you? Every time Sarah Palin is mentioned, because she's in the media, it's maybe for a few minutes of a three hour show to mock her. Looks to me you don't know the definition of "obsession."

Well,duh! You're just now figgering out that my post was all about my lack of understanding?
You aren't that difficult of an individual to read your posts. :rolleyes:

I thought that since you continually call me names (eg, see above), that you were inviting me to grace you with a nickname.
"Pinkerton" is perfect, given that agency's abusive conduct in days of yore. If you don't like hornets, you shouldn't poke their
nests with a stick & then complain about a little sting.
I offer an olive branch - stop calling me "douch", "idiot", etc, & I will be equally generous. Fair, eh?
Wth is that crap? And if you don't like it either you should stop it yourself. I don't put up with crap from people. Oh and calling your actions and line of thinking out isn't name calling you. Pointing out when you're behaving like a douche is pointing out your actions towards others. You do act like a douche to plenty of people on this forum. It's immature and pathetic. And if something you say is idiotic I'm going to point it out. If you are going to personally attack me (notice personally not my actions or my arguments) I don't play with that crap. I fight back. So if you want to play that game I can play it too. That's my warning. Oh and on edit you constantly like to brag to other forum members how you're this intelligent person and you're oh so much more intelligent than other people but in reality you're just pathetic with how you treat other people. If someone challenges what you say you're rude towards them and act like you're better than they are. You don't take what they say seriously instead you joke around and try to act cute. It's lame and childish. You want to brag about being a better person you might want to try showing it first. Oh and from my experiences in life thus far people don't have to brag about being the better person. They just are.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
You don't have be a genius to be a grifter and con man. You just have to know how to push people's buttons.