• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Given a Choice at Birth?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
If you were given a choice at birth, which religious culture would you want to live and be raised. Secularism is not one of your choices.

Though raised as a Holiday Christian, I believe it has given me the desire to explore spirituality further, so I am quite happy with that which I was given.

pexels-thiago-borges-1765353.jpg

Photo by Thiago Borges from Pexels

Definitely Islam, because of the anal hygiene, its a really fantastic and perfect religion that gives someone a God that seems really best of all to me, I would probably want to do harm to myself if I was raised in the dread life of anything else, but I probably wouldn't think anything is bad or weird about having a dirty body or bum all day and might even be a happier person over all.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If you were given a choice at birth, which religious culture would you want to live and be raised. Secularism is not one of your choices.

Though raised as a Holiday Christian, I believe it has given me the desire to explore spirituality further, so I am quite happy with that which I was given.

View attachment 45725

The one that I am in, that allows me the Freedom to explore and find the religious beliefs that have the most meaning to me and the life I lead.

MNoBody

given that all religions are equally true, and all roads lead to the same place in the end, it would make no difference.
even the path of excess will lead to the palace of wisdom if pursued ardently enough.
After decades of serious inquiry there is no religion which has any monopoly over matters of the heart, or any leg to stand on by inferring their path is better, or the best, or the only...........nice sounding bravado, although meaningless when put to the test

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
given that all religions are equally true, and all roads lead to the same place in the end, it would make no difference.
even the path of excess will lead to the palace of wisdom if pursued ardently enough.
I do not think that is true. I would not want anyone to go on a path of excess.
I am satisfied with my own, and would not change it for any reason.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nice no-woo scientific choice, Sun Rise. No one threatening you with an eternity in hell. No smarties claiming authority from a non-existing God or Allah. Just be humane and that will be enough. :)

MNoBody

I do not think that is true. I would not want anyone to go on a path of excess.
I am satisfied with my own, and would not change it for any reason.
I am happy for you.
what I said though was an observation and not a solicitation, so no need to take umbrage or anything....
if what you have works for you, then have at it, hope it gives you all you are looking for and more.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I would find it fascinating to be born a Brahmin class Hindu, but I may have done that already and if not, I would always have an opportunity to do so.

Therfore, given the choice, I'd be born into Roman Catholicism because that led me to who I am today, and I'm quite content with who I am.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

View attachment 45725

I would want to be born Khoisan. They have deistic beliefs and only on occasion might appeal to !Kaggen, the trickster Mantis God, for help in dire situations. So I would accept that there are gods all over the place but I wouldn't be indoctrinated into an organised belief system.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. or any leg to stand on by inferring their path is better, or the best, or the only ..
My reply was because of this statement. I just wanted to mention that all religions are different, create different kind of people, also people have different goals. I am not looking at judgment, heaven or hell, because I do not believe in them. What you said in the last deposition is for religions where God or Allah's message comes through an agent or a book which has answers for all questions in the world. My religion has no such agent, no such book, nor even a God or Allah. There are differences and people should recognize that.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In order to make choices, one first has to be able to differentiate between this and that. No infant is able to do that. All they see is a blob of sense data, undefined, and undifferentiated.

That differentiation does not begin to happen for quite a long time in their development, beginning first in differentiating what is their own body and what is not, as they bite the blanket and then then own hand, "me and not me". Religions, are way, way, way, way, way down the road in development, maybe around age 4 or so, at best, and then they aren't making choices, but simply absorbing programming. Choices really don't kick in until around the early teens, when it comes to religion.