• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls and boys and what are we doing wrong?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
So you are saying that older boys should have been used for the boys group?

I think that if the difference really is maturity, and the difference is that great, then it is wrong to have school classroom that put girls and boys of the same age together.
This is really an interesting point. I remember my son, at about age 9, when he was around younger girls (about age 5 or 6) seemed to have a great increase in intelligence, responsibility, and capability when he was around them. It was only a few hours at a time, so I don't know if it would have lasting long term benefits.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Heaven forbid it's out of choice. Maybe they too feel empowered.
Many of them make it clear and known it is an involuntary thing. These group tends to be entitled, friendless and more involved and active on the internet than he is with his own life.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I was reading about some scientific research. They took 10 girls and ten boys and put each group in a separate house without supervision for 5 days. Adults filmed the whole thing, and were there in case an emergency happened, but did not interfere with anything the kids did.

How the girls acted was enormously different from how the boys acted.

The first thing the boys did was trash the house and write all over the walls. Although they had taken a cooking course they did not cook or have meals together. They simply scrounged for easy snacks in the cupboards. They divided themselves into two antagonistic gangs. One boy was singled out for bullying.

The girls cooked, cleaned, and organized a fashion show for entertainment purposes. They did not divide into cliques. When a cat was found, they all wanted to take care of the cat.

So, folks... What the HECK are we doing wrong?

This study can be found on numerous sites: here are two

Bad Parenting. I would prefer the study included how they behaved before. They should of been filmed for 5 days in their home environment so that you would have a standard and see how much they change.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
After thinking a bit more about this, I was thinking about the entire premise, where kids around 11 or 12 were put in a place with no adults - although they knew there were adults nearby in case of emergency. So, they knew they weren't in any real peril or danger, and they must have felt like they license to raise heck - and all on camera, so they're performing as well. What they're really showing is how kids react to being guinea pigs.

jes-us

I was reading about some scientific research. They took 10 girls and ten boys and put each group in a separate house without supervision for 5 days. Adults filmed the whole thing, and were there in case an emergency happened, but did not interfere with anything the kids did.

How the girls acted was enormously different from how the boys acted.

The first thing the boys did was trash the house and write all over the walls. Although they had taken a cooking course they did not cook or have meals together. They simply scrounged for easy snacks in the cupboards. They divided themselves into two antagonistic gangs. One boy was singled out for bullying.

The girls cooked, cleaned, and organized a fashion show for entertainment purposes. They did not divide into cliques. When a cat was found, they all wanted to take care of the cat.

So, folks... What the HECK are we doing wrong?

This study can be found on numerous sites: here are two

Quite clearly in these shows and study the boys and girls were just acting up for the camera somewhat . Yes the boys will want to be more mischievous than the girls but in real life probably not to that extent . However in saying that , the backgrounds of the girls and boys is also important . You will find that the human act , is often to impress others rather than something for oneself . It's like a dancer , they probably enjoy to dance but the biggest buzz is to impress others .

Monty

Nothing, girls and boys have different brains/psychologies and boys need more help than girls at these ages.
Is that because male persons were created in the image and likeness of the male creator god, whereas female persons were created in the image and likeness of one of the goddesses at the meeting described in Genesis 1:26-27

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Is that because male persons were created in the image and likeness of the male creator god, whereas female persons were created in the image and likeness of one of the goddesses at the meeting described in Genesis 1:26-27
Is this designed to mock? Because it really isn't helpful to the discussion.

vijeno

I vaguely remember some experiment where they did it with girls, and the girls ended up nearly killing each other. My conclusion - without looking into the details, I am very skeptical about "research" like that. Especially in today's heated political climate, gender being hotly debated, "men are trash" and so on. One youtube video is not enough to convince me of anything.

One thing I know for sure: We have to somehow get off that track of perpetual identity-based judgment. Constant rage is not a lot of fun and not a good foundation for politics.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I vaguely remember some experiment where they did it with girls, and the girls ended up nearly killing each other. My conclusion - without looking into the details, I am very skeptical about "research" like that. Especially in today's heated political climate, gender being hotly debated, "men are trash" and so on. One youtube video is not enough to convince me of anything.

One thing I know for sure: We have to somehow get off that track of perpetual identity-based judgment. Constant rage is not a lot of fun and not a good foundation for politics.
It would help if you quoted the post you are replying to, or at the very least, were more descriptive. People reading your remarks above have no idea what you are referring to. They did "it"? What is it? Pronouns only work if you give the actual noun you are referring to earlier in your text.