• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fruit of "We are God!"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not an expert, of course. A practitioner. But, I'm just being optimistic ;) Many people find their "path" all the time. A lot of is trusting the process.

But, I'm speaking in general. I know I won't figure out Hinduism; but, not many of us can, well, edit...admit.. to say the same. :(
From my POV, It's not a question of figuring out, it's a question of experiencing, and ultimately, realising.

Etritonakin

Explanation?

God has ultimate control of information -and even acceptance/belief thereof.

While we are free to think, consider, believe, etc., from our perspective, the God of the bible is often described as revealing and hiding information according to his will -in the way that will best bring about the intended end result.

Here is one example -will try to provide more later...

Mark 4:10And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. 11And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

God definitely wants all to be converted and forgive them, but some are not yet prepared to understand and act on that understanding -much less remain strong in it -so he is careful when he reveals what to whom at which times.

(Edit) not much time -just throwing in some related verses....

64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father

14Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you can admit to not being able to truly understand the gender differences. That's quite brave, does show some humility. East/west paradigm differences are nearly as large, but you can't see that?

I see the smallest things make up the biggest things, when we take it all apart we come back to what builds all creation.

None of us have a surperior way of seeing things, but we one and all have built structures that are not compatiable with the given structure.

Regards Tony

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
From my POV, It's not a question of figuring out, it's a question of experiencing, and ultimately, realising.

It's the wording. Figuring it out involves realizing, reflection, meditation, and for some people study: Take Buddhism. The Therevadan monks (not Americanized) have Dharma talks since it is taught/culture that the monks give the dharma (not Dharma/practice) to the laymen; and, the laymen help the monks with food and bare necessities.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can we make ourselves different? Diversity is as natural as the diverse plants on this planet. Are you saying we're all born the same?

I see we are all born of the same potential. Our diversity of nature and nurture are the fertilizer for a beautiful and diverse garden of humanity.

Nature and nurture shape our thoughts and mind. Education alone can assist us to find our true potential.

I see the age has come when humanity as a whole has to find that potential. It is not right to neglect anybody on this planet or deprive them of the right that is all ours.

The fundamental thought is that we are one people, made of the same substance.

Thus I aslo see out thought is produced from the same source and our ability of free will can make of that source a rainbow of ideas, some sound, some eronious. So In the end how do we control such a gift, when we are still so unaware of the effect it has on each other?

Regards Tony

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is a continuation of the other thread about the ways of God.
Some of the RF members said, We are God, in a sense that God is not separated. Some gave an analogy of drops of water in an ocean.

Question is, how fruitful and real is this belief that we are all God?!! Wouldn't the fruit of such a belief be "Vainglory" . To claim and think as part of a God!
I also don't understand how this belief can be reconciled with so much evilness and selfishness in the World. If we are all God, having such a divine and great nature, how come so many people have been killing others, doing wrongdoings or, being unfair. We live in a world that, there are so much poverty, and yet, there are so many selfish people who cannot even count their own money due to excessive wealth. How can we be divine or part of divinity with all these selfishness and wrongdoings?!
apart from god there is no otherness. ithe idea of separateness would make the name of god null.

it isn't

igod would have contrast and not be absolute; if there was otherness. god would be limited by otherness, by contrast. god is not this vs that. god is not duality. god is not divided against anything.

God is all in all.
God is Absolute.
God is ONE

The love which God has for me is the same love which I have for God. my love and God's love are ONE.

Love is All

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We? Speak for yourself. I feel most people on this planet have embraced what they wish to. I certainly have.

I am happy for you.

Personally I see all humanity as we. If one suffers neglect, then I see all suffer that neglect. In that way I can not be content in this life unless and until there is no neglect, which would include me offering neglect to others.

Pain and suffeting are part of this life, but no man should be the cause of that to another.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Certainly didn't make that clear until this post. I listed a whole bunch of things, and you said 'I'm certain all have that capacity." Maybe next time delete what you wish from my post, that you're not responding to.

Yes very sorry, short of time and must have quoted full post.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's the wording. Figuring it out involves realizing, reflection, meditation, and for some people study: Take Buddhism. The Therevadan monks (not Americanized) have Dharma talks since it is taught/culture that the monks give the dharma (not Dharma/practice) to the laymen; and, the laymen help the monks with food and bare necessities.

We do that too, and the monks in my sampradaya are surrogate Buddhist monks for the Buddhist folk where they live, because there aren't many Buddhist monks there. It's cool.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I see we are all born of the same potential.

You've never met a person with a different ability, naturally? (I prefer not to say disability, but if that helps your understanding, sure.) I don't see how we can all have the same potential. Does a woman have the potential to father a child? According to your theory, she does.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Personally I see all humanity as we.

But that's a much different concept than using 'we' to speak for everyone. I also include everyone as part of humanity, if that's what you mean. (I often don't know what you mean.) I include atheists, homosexuals, pagans, ... everyone. There is no such thing as a covenant breaker or an enemy, in my book. But I've been labelled a person with an anti-Baha'i agenda, so who knows if I'm part of humanity or not.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You've never met a person with a different ability, naturally? (I prefer not to say disability, but if that helps your understanding, sure.) I don't see how we can all have the same potential. Does a woman have the potential to father a child? According to your theory, she does.

When we are talking about God within, or that we are God, it is the Spirit that I talk about. The virtues, what makes us more Godly.

Is it not very obvious and does it really need to be said, that women and men have physical differences and some capabilities?

Each person on this planet will have an ability or a range of abilities, these are what we must being out so each can earn a living and contribute to the community.

As for the virtues, they are the most important foundation to our education, with virtue we can build on our knowledge.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I am happy for you.

Personally I see all humanity as we. If one suffers neglect, then I see all suffer that neglect. In that way I can not be content in this life unless and until there is no neglect, which would include me offering neglect to others.

Pain and suffeting are part of this life, but no man should be the cause of that to another.

Regards Tony

I don't understand this logic. If one is raped, is everyone raped? If one is murdered, is everyone murdered? If one wins a million dollars, does everyone win a million dollars?

What am I missing here?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But that's a much different concept than using 'we' to speak for everyone. I also include everyone as part of humanity, if that's what you mean. (I often don't know what you mean.) I include atheists, homosexuals, pagans, ... everyone. There is no such thing as a covenant breaker or an enemy, in my book. But I've been labelled a person with an anti-Baha'i agenda, so who knows if I'm part of humanity or not.

I have explained english was my worst subject. All I wanted to do was be outside.

Now I wish it was otherwise, but such is life. One can only do better each day.

All you have mentioned are part of humanity. Each of us is to find what is God within. Thus I do can not intefere with any other persons choices.

If I choose a Faith, I have chosen to follow that guidance and be part of the remainder at the same time. A balance all people have to find.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't understand this logic. If one is raped, is everyone raped? If one is murdered, is everyone murdered? If one wins a million dollars, does everyone win a million dollars?

What am I missing here?

The spirit behind the action.

The human spirit is what we have life from. We all draw upon it to have life. The human spirit is at the end of imperfection and at the beginning of perfection, all the potential is within us but needs to be joined with the Holy Spirit, with the Spirit of Faith.

Thus I see our mind is also connected and all we do and think has ramifications. As people move towards unbridled liberty, note how our collective mind embraces concepts that may not be so good.

Sorry have to go.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The spirit behind the action.

The human spirit is what we have life from. We all draw upon it to have life. The human spirit is at the end of imperfecrion and at the beginning of perfection, all the potential is within us but needs to be joined with the Holy Spirit, with the Spirit of Faith.

Thus I see our mind is also connected and all we do and think has ramifications. As people move towards unbridled liberty, note how our collective mind embraces concepts that may not be so good.

Sorry have to go.

Regards Tony

I think you need to define the terms "human spirit," "Holy Spirit," and "Spirit of Faith" in order to for me to comprehensively understand what you are talking about here.

If you are equating these terms with the Hindu terms Atman and Brahman, I can appreciate the correspondence, but only to a point. In my view, the jiva (the temporal living being) is the one that subject to suffering through embracing the ego. It is not resonated in the Atman or Brahman and onto other beings. In other words, I don't see the suffering of one begetting the suffering of all.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think you need to define the terms "human spirit," "Holy Spirit," and "Spirit of Faith" in order to for me to comprehensively understand what you are talking about here.

If you are equating these terms with the Hindu terms Atman and Brahman, I can appreciate the correspondence, but only to a point. In my view, the jiva (the temporal living being) is the one that subject to suffering through embracing the ego. It is not resonated in the Atman or Brahman and onto other beings. In other words, I don't see the suffering of one begetting the suffering of all.

In a talk by Abdul'baha, he explaind the 5 divisions of the spirit that are behind this creation in general terms. Each level brings about a combination of elements and mingling of substances as decreed by God and also from the influence, the effect and connection of other existences.

This is that talk;

Bahá'í Reference Library - Some Answered Questions, Pages 143-145

As to the suffering aspect, that is my current thought from my studies.

We are told to to replace any wayward or bad thought with a good thought. I thus concluded, given the talk noted above, that the power of mind also has an effect beyond what we currently know.

The only thing I can be sure of, is that it starts with me, my thoughts and my choices.

Regards Tony