• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fruit of "We are God!"

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Many have been duped by such guys, if they speak well, perform a few miracles, and otherwise convince someone it's true, they get a following, or a whole religion on their behalf.

But going back to the OP, one fruit of 'We are God' is that we are tolerant. loving, kind, confident, and we see divinity in all others, albeit hidden pretty deep in some, just as we imagine God to be.

That 2nd quote is a valid point.

Thus we can consider, how can one be duped, so to speak, if who you quoted in the first post, is also the embodiment of the virtue posted in the 2nd quote.

It is the deeds in life that are our adorning.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
And I agree, it is fair to ask that question. But how about not in this thread?

I'm not inclined to ask it, because it has been asked on the forum previously, and the answers fell short of well reasoned response. No need to rehash it here or in a separate thread.

Sure, we can assume that God is only a witness, as you say. But would this assumption be reconcilable if God is not separate from us? If we are God, and Each is a part of God, how can we say, God would not do anything about wrongdoings happening within Himself? Is God careless of what happens to anyone, or incapable of doing something to create justice?

Why do you assume that God cares or wants justice? These are human attributes. Is God human?

The thing is, the idea that we are God comes from religions which claims God has a purpose, and not just a witness. The fact that according to those religions, there would be a reincarnation, would imply that the God who created this system, have a purpose to enable everyone to free everyone from the cycle of life and death.

Did God create the system? Where is the system's beginning?

Ok, but I don't see that really does not reply the question in OP.

It doesn't. It was an editorial remark.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That 2nd quote is a valid point.

Thus we can consider, how can one be duped, so to speak, if who you quoted in the first post, is also the embodiment of the virtue posted in the 2nd quote.

It is the deeds in life that are our adorning.

Regards Tony

Deeds like keeping slaves, denying homosexuals the rights to be natural, accusing other races to be inferiour, accusing other religions to be inferiour, excessive self-aggrandizing? If this is the 'embodiment of virtue' you are referring to, I want no part of it. There are far better role models to look up to.

Yes it is deeds that do the adorning, although 'adorning' in this case isn't exactly pretty.

InvestigateTruth

I'm not inclined to ask it, because it has been asked on the forum previously, and the answers fell short of well reasoned response. No need to rehash it here or in a separate thread.

Why do you assume that God cares or wants justice? These are human attributes. Is God human?

Did God create the system? Where is the system's beginning?

It doesn't. It was an editorial remark.
Do Hindus who believe in 'all are God' believe God is not just, or creater of the system of karma, reincarnation? It is a question you need ask them, not me. I am just asking the question here, how all these believes are reconciled together.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do Hindus who believe in 'all are God' believe God is not just, or creater of the system of karma, reincarnation? It is a question you need ask them, not me. I am just asking the question here, how all these believes are reconciled together.

Again, you assume a creator god. You assume samasara has a beginning; your assumptions are bound in time. As I see it, Brahman is not bound by time. Brahman has no beginning and no end. Brahman simply is.

I don't presume to speak for Hindus. I speak for myself.

InvestigateTruth

Again, you assume a creator god. You assume samasara has a beginning; your assumptions are bound in time. As I see it, Brahman is not bound by time. Brahman has no beginning and no end. Brahman simply is.

I dont assume a time. Brahman is not a creator? He is not just?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

As a Hindu, I concur with this. Brahman simply is. Beyond time, beyond form, beyond space.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You won't be able to understand it. It's Hindu, it's deep. That isn't a problem, it's just the way it is. Very different paradigms. To expect a person of the other paradigm to understand is folly. I will never ever understand the need for a prophet.

That statement can be reversed to say 'You will not be able to underatand it, it x Faith, its deep, etc

We must all have the capacity and if one thinks others do not have the capacity, what does that say about that thought?

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We must all have the capacity and if one thinks others do not have the capacity, what does that say about that thought?

I will never understand advanced Calculus. Lots of people simply do not have the capacity to understand certain things. To think that everyone can understand anything is pure folly. In a couple of years of discussing here, you have failed to understand much of mystic Hinduism at all. Similarly, I have failed to understand folks who follow a book based prophet religion. The physicist doesn't understand what a brain surgeon can do.

Besides, many things can't be understood without experience. Have you felt darshan? Does a man know what it's like to experience childbirth? Please don't proclaim your arrogance on that one.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will never understand advanced Calculus. Lots of people simply do not have the capacity to understand certain things. To think that everyone can understand anything is pure folly. In a couple of years of discussing here, you have failed to understand much of mystic Hinduism at all. Similarly, I have failed to understand folks who follow a book based prophet religion. The physicist doesn't understand what a brain surgeon can do.

Besides, many things can't be understood without experience. Have you felt darshan? Does a man know what it's like to experience childbirth? Please don't proclaim your arrogance on that one.

I have confidence all have the capacity.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This is just the absolute height of unrealistic arrogance. I think it comes from this prophet's insistence in infallibility. Most folks can easily admit when they don't know something, or don't have the ability to understand. It's a very simple exercise in humility. Then again, apparently not that simple. "perfect in every way."