• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Maid says Hitler was "a kindly man"

misanthropic_clown

Nice sig, I love being taken out of context. Says a lot about you.

In all honesty, though,I don't see what there is in that statement that gets Jayhawker Soule so hot under the collar, in or out of context. Hitler was a person. Demonising him, as much as he deserves it, serves little to a mature analysis of the fact that real and decent-seeming people are capable of monstrous things.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
In all honesty, though,I don't see what there is in that statement that gets Jayhawker Soule so hot under the collar, in or out of context. Hitler was a person. Demonising him, as much as he deserves it, serves little to a mature analysis of the fact that real and decent-seeming people are capable of monstrous things.
I was wondering about that myself. (the under the collar part)

Oh, and I agree with everything else.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
How exactly does this not sound like denial, Mes? Oh right... it's just a figure of speech... Right!
Feel free to nit pick away.
Does not change the fact that I find nothing in her statements that indicate she is in denial.

Curiously, I have not uttered a word saying this. I'm saying it is largely irrelevant and something I would fully expect. You see... that is what makes them monsters!
Curiously, I do not recall saying YOU did.
Guilty conscience or an attempt to divert the topic from your blatantly emotional responses or perhaps both?

Oh, there are a number of excellent candidates on RF that fit that bill. Check out any of the good Palestinians vs. the evil Israeli's threads.
Or merely go back over this thread.......

Do you have short term memory problems?
As a matter of fact I do.
Is it some sort of problem for you?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Confused?
Perhaps you should take a few breaths and reread your posts thus far in this thread?
No, I am not the slightest bit confused here, Mes. Perhaps my language is not refined enough for such intelligent discussions. Forgive me.

kai

ragamuffin

Hitler is one of those rare people that you dont have to Demonise.

gnomon

So a 91 year old woman sounds deluded.

Take her to the former prison camps and provide her an education. Maybe she's senile.

Don't know. This thread reminds me too much of the bickering nonsense of children over the recent Vatican non-starter.

Mestemia said:
There are far to many people taking taking far to much out of context in this thread.

It's nice to see some reason amidst all this hyperbolic nonsense.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
A smart dictator will love his dogs.

Actually I think you hit the nail with the word love
Hitler_Blondi_Berghof.jpg

+Xausted

It is fairly easy to identify who here has not learned the requisite lessons and prefers, instead, to pretentiously wallow in shallow inanities about Hitler being a human being ...
Excuse me! I find your tone rather offensive, and taken out of context. There is nothing pretentious about what i said, so get down off your high horse and start reading posts properly

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
He loved himself and Eva as well and killed them too.. So the fact that he killed his dog is more in favor of love than the opposite..

He loved [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Geli Raubal his niece,in fact he loved her so much he should have gone to prison for it,he became a vegetarian because meat reminded him of her corpse,rumours abound that he either had her killed or she shot herself out of jealousy of the young Eva Braun[/FONT]

Smoke

Done here.
Most likely, Hitler was a kindly man to his maid.

I think we want to think of Hitler as an undifferentiated bundle of psychotic rage, with no normal human emotions at all, because we want to distance ourselves from our own capacity for evil. Most of us are capable of monstrous acts, even if we'd never go as far as Hitler did.

I've known otherwise kind people say -- and mean -- some really monstrous things. "We ought to send all the ******s back to Africa." "We ought to bomb Iran back to the Stone Age." "The government has to use torture." "If he wasn't guilty, they wouldn't have arrested him."

If we don't admit Hitler's humanity, we don't have to face our species' potential for unspeakable evil. We can say, "Hitler killed eleven million people," and we don't have to think about the millions who carried out his orders -- the fathers and mothers and fresh-faced young people who did the actual killing, the clergy who went along, the young girls who had crushes on Hitler, the masses who thought he was a defender of their people

We want to believe that Hitler was nothing like us, but it's not true. People like Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot and Idi Amin and Tamerlane and Mao keep popping up in our history. Admitting we've got a problem is the first step.