• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Maid says Hitler was "a kindly man"

Hyperborean

Cultural Conservative
'Hitler was the perfect boss': Former maid breaks her silence on the 'charming' dictator | Mail Online

History has condemned him as the megalomaniac who brought death and misery to millions.

But for one woman, the name Adolf Hitler evokes a smile not a shudder.

She is Rosa Mitterer, who worked as a maid for the Fuhrer at his mountain retreat in Bavaria in the 1930s.

Rosa is 91 and until now has kept a vow of silence about her experiences. She has chosen to break it after realising she is the last survivor of the circle who served the tyrant in the years before he launched the Second World War.

misanthropic_clown

Reminds me of the poem Vultures by Chinua Achebe:

"In the greyness
and drizzle of one despondent
dawn unstirred by harbingers
of sunbreak a vulture
perching high on broken
bones of a dead tree
nestled close to his
mate his smooth
bashed-in head, a pebble
on a stem rooted in
a dump of gross
feathers, inclined affectionately
to hers. Yesterday they picked
the eyes of a swollen
corpse in a water-logged
trench and ate the
things in its bowel. Full
gorged they chose their roost
keeping the hollowed remnant
in easy range of cold
telescopic eyes...

Strange
indeed how love in other
ways so particular
will pick a corner
in that charnel-house
tidy it and coil up there, perhaps
even fall asleep - her face
turned to the wall!

...Thus the Commandant at Belsen
Camp going home for
the day with fumes of
human roast clinging
rebelliously to his hairy
nostrils will stop
at the wayside sweet-shop
and pick up a chocolate
for his tender offspring
waiting at home for Daddy's
return...

Praise bounteous
providence if you will
that grants even an ogre
a tiny glow-worm
tenderness encapsulated
in icy caverns of a cruel
heart or else despair
for in the very germ
of that kindred love is
lodged the perpetuity
of evil
."

Random

No doubt Hitler was a decent enough chap in person. Kind to women, good with kids, all that. But he inspired fear in other men, which is partly (along with the Nazi atrocities and all) why he ended up the epitome of evil in Western culture. Can't be scaring the weak, lilly-livered fools in suits now, Adolf...

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Maybe he was good to the maid because she did not belong to any of the sects he disapproved of.

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
Yeah, he was a great guy; if you were a full blooded 'Aryan'

Much unlike he was, then. He was a good leader, it's just a shame he was so arrogant (and inappropriately so, I do believe his eyes were BROWN, hypocritical man). Were he more interested in winning WW2 than making himself look good, he'd have beaten the British at Dunkirk and then most likely invaded Britain. Silly man, he must have been good at strategy games though.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It's been stated that when it comes to being a good judge of character..........be careful, because even axe murderers have been known to have picnics with their families.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I agree...

I'm sure he knew how to be a "gentleman" when he wanted to..He had his favorites afterall..He didnt hate and want to enilate all of humanity..Im sure he had a "soft spot" for those in the category that suited him ....

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
And besides that??Anyone that could instigate,promote and organize what he did is a full blown monster...Who gives a **** if he was nice to a maid...

Lucky for the maid...

Love

Dallas

This is a rather disgusting thread. It is an insult to the Jewish people, as well as the others who suffered through the Holocaust.

Yeah I am sure Hitler was capable of being polite but it doesn't mean jack squat if he killed six million people.

The Daily Mail should be ashamed for letting this intellectually vapid, hurtful, asinine propaganda get out. I hope the Jewish community in England has already sought an apology.

Benjamin_D

Zionist
Of course he was a kind man! As long as your weren't Jewish, Gay, a Gypsie, Different colored or non-German.

She should claim how nice he was to the holocaust victims.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
In my life the scariest people have always been the friendliest.

If someone comes up to me shaking my hand offering me to be best buddy the very first time I meet them I know I am in trouble.

If I go into someones house and everything is perfect and everyone is polite I will not be back.

Normal people aren't always nice. It says a lot about Hitler that he was that great a guy to an employee who had access to him everyday. If she didn't like him he wasn't in any danger.

Trey of Diamonds

I don't understand the surprise here. Hitler was first and foremost a politician. I'm sure he was very charming. Also, while we may consider him evil, he certainly did not consider himself to be so. Surely it shouldn't be surprising that he treated those around him with courtesy and even kindness.

I would also note that it is not wrong to acknowledge these facts. To paint Hitler as an inhuman monster with no resemblance to a normal human being is not only wrong but dangerous. Without knowing all aspects of the man, how would we be able to recognize those aspects in future monsters?