• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Maid says Hitler was "a kindly man"

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It's been stated that when it comes to being a good judge of character..........be careful, because even axe murderers have been known to have picnics with their families.
I actually use this in discussions with people in real life who tend to minimize some horrendous act. "I'm quite sure Hitler's friends would tell you what a nice man he was!"

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
To all the girls that was killed by Ted Bundy he came across as a "kindly man" at first also.........Appeared to his family and girlfriend as kind, gentle and a brilliant man, but as we know appearances are deceiving.......:eek:

Trey of Diamonds

Nonsnse. Hitler was first and foremost a xenophobic sociopath. To suggest that he ]"was a decent enough chap" is sick beyond word.

Puhlease, your sense of the dramatic is a bit over done here. Hitler was a human being, same as everyone else was and to ignore that is to invite his return in yet another guise. Until you see the man in the monster, you'll miss the next monster who comes along.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Poor woman, having to live for all those years lying about what she really thought of the man because of responses like these.. Once a man is considered pure evil, it is no longer allowed for the rest of mankind to like him or part of him..

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Puhlease, your sense of the dramatic is a bit over done here. Hitler was a human being, same as everyone else was and to ignore that is to invite his return in yet another guise. Until you see the man in the monster, you'll miss the next monster who comes along.
Drop the pathetic patronizing with such vapid drivel as "Hitler was a human being, same as everyone else." At issue is not whether he was a different species, nor is it whether one is capable of "seeing the man in the monster." At issue is the reprehensible and sophomoric whitewashing of the monster in the man.

MOD Warning: This picture might be disturbing for some people.
http://isurvived.org/Pictures_iSurvived-4/shoah-pile6.GIF

"Hitler was a human being, same as everyone else." - Trey of Diamonds

"No doubt Hitler was a decent enough chap in person ..." - Random

Last edited by a moderator:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
What a shame ... :rolleyes:
Yes indeed it is.

One can like the name Hitler, the mustage, his shoes, maybe his charisma and still think he's one of the worst people ever.

One can think his deeds were the worst possible, but still had good conversations with him.

Liking a part of him is not the same as agreeing with his actions nor his idea's.

+Xausted

I agree with the last sentence in this comment. I understand what Trey is trying to say is that by looking at the whole picture we can learn from it, rather than just seeing one part (abeit even the largest part). No one is saying that he was a good man, just that he was a human that could show kindness to those he choose too, it does not over rule the horrors he instigated.Ignorance was some of the problem that helped Hitler with his vendeta, lets learn from that and not be ignorant ourselves.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Ignorance was some of the problem that helped Hitler with his vendeta, lets learn from that and not be ignorant ourselves.
It is fairly easy to identify who here has not learned the requisite lessons and prefers, instead, to pretentiously wallow in shallow inanities about Hitler being a human being ...

Trey of Diamonds

Pray tell, what do you base this nugget of genius on? Can you cite any examples?

Killers of the 20th Century

Adolf Hitler – 46 million
Joseph Stalin – 20 million
Mao Zedong – 20 million
Kim Il-sung – 3 million
Saddam Hussein – 2 million
Idi Amin – 300,000

We vilify Hitler due to his high body count. But are not the rest of these men monsters as well? Are they not loved and cherished by those who are close to them? Are not some, even today, held up as heroes?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Reiðrœska;1359507 said:
Much unlike he was, then. He was a good leader, it's just a shame he was so arrogant (and inappropriately so, I do believe his eyes were BROWN, hypocritical man). Were he more interested in winning WW2 than making himself look good, he'd have beaten the British at Dunkirk and then most likely invaded Britain. Silly man, he must have been good at strategy games though.

Not really as he lost the Battle of Britain:clap

Reactions: kai

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Killers of the 20th Century

Adolf Hitler – 46 million
Joseph Stalin – 20 million
Mao Zedong – 20 million
Kim Il-sung – 3 million
Saddam Hussein – 2 million
Idi Amin – 300,000

We vilify Hitler due to his high body count. But are not the rest of these men monsters as well? Are they not loved and cherished by those who are close to them? Are not some, even today, held up as heroes?
Trey, it is simply an irrelevant point. THAT is the point. I'm quite sure they all loved their teddy bears too. So what?
And no... I do not see any of them as heroes and don't give a flying fig about who thinks they might be.

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

At issue is the reprehensible and sophomoric whitewashing of the monster in the man.

How is recognising the fact that people who were near Hitler during his life considered him a charming and curteous person whitewashing anything? As for the term sophomoric, well, that certianly describes your antics.

I will say I disagree with saying Hitler was a decent enough person. Decent is a very poor choice of words to use but I understand the point that Random was making. He wasn't saying Hitler was decent, only that those who knew him may have thought so.

Trey of Diamonds

Trey, it is simply an irrelevant point. THAT is the point. I'm quite sure they all loved their teddy bears too. So what? And no... I do not see any of them as heroes and don't give a flying fig who thinks they might be.

Sorry, you'll have to explain your question then. All I'm saying is that to understand someone like Hitler you have to see the entire person and not just all the bad parts. Understanding the entire person can give you insights into how others like him might act. I thought all that was pretty obvious, maybe not.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sorry, you'll have to explain your question then. All I'm saying is that to understand someone like Hitler you have to see the entire person and not just all the bad parts. Understanding the entire person can give you insights into how others like him might act. I thought all that was pretty obvious, maybe not.
Forgive me Trey, but what precisely IS there to understand that is such a great mystery? OBVIOUSLY these people are well regarded by their family and friends. It is so obvious that it doesn't really need to be mentioned, in my view. What do you expect? That they have two heads and drink babies blood for breakfast?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I will say I disagree with saying Hitler was a decent enough person. Decent is a very poor choice of words to use but I understand the point that Random was making. He wasn't saying Hitler was decent, only that those who knew him may have thought so.
link from OP said:
Rosa married in 1939 and had three daughters. She later remarried. A great-grandmother, she now lives in Munich. After the war she had to confront the reality of the man for whom she had worked so willingly. And in particular the reality of the Holocaust.

'That he had ordered such terrible things, I just couldn't believe it,' she said. 'Even now, I prefer to remember the charming facets of his personality.'